Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

boring with no announcements what do people think of the following band possibilities: The Courteeners, White Lies, Spector, The Cribs, Phoenix

Yeah without announcements life is boring ... whitell lies would be decent. Strongly dislike courteeners and didn't know the cribs were still about ... mens needs what a tune

So with the Lollapalooza announcement, we'll surely have some names among  Kaleo, Crystal Fighters, The Weeknd, Milky Chance, Seasick Steve, Pixies, London Grammar, Lana Del Rey, The Roots, the Hives, Glass Animals, Rival Sons, Tom Odell, Oscar and the Wolf, Tiggs Da Author. 

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

So with the Lollapalooza announcement, we'll surely have some names among  Kaleo, Crystal Fighters, The Weeknd, Milky Chance, Seasick Steve, Pixies, London Grammar, Lana Del Rey, The Roots, the Hives, Glass Animals, Rival Sons, Tom Odell, Oscar and the Wolf, Tiggs Da Author. 

Yeah saw this announcement yesterday ... lana and lonDon g are must haves along with milky chance weeknd etc ... jeeeeeezus that would be a good start to 2017

42 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Don't think we'll see Lana Del Rey at Werchter. Her booking at TW Classic seemed a lot like "we cannot not book her, but no way that she's getting a decent spot at RW". I think she'll be at Lokerse Feesten or Pukkelpop instead. Same for Pixies.

I agree, and I hope so. Although Lana Del Rey is easy on the eyes, her performance at Werchter Classic last year was one of the most boring shows I ever witnessed. Literally no-one was paying attention. Concerning Pixies: Chokri attended their show in Antwerp last november. That doesn't necessairly mean he was checking them (out) for Pukkelpop, however...

Edited by DaveRSV4

1 minute ago, DaveRSV4 said:

I agree, and I hope so. Although Lana Del Rey is easy on the eyes, her performance at Werchter Classic last year was one of the most boring shows I ever witnessed. Literally no-one was paying attention. Concerning Pixies: Chokri attended their show in Antwerp last november. That doesn't necessairly mean he was checking them (out) for Pukkelpop, however...

Yeah I can imagine she's a sit down in the sun and listen in the background kind of artist because she's doesn't make thrilling songs, besides 2

6 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The Killers 29/6 on Provinssirock in Finland. So, will they be sub for RH (30/6) or FF (2/7)? 

Probably as foo fighters sub right, just for logistal reasons..... I really hope that we get the killers, rival sons and some interesting smaller acts. Looking forward to this Friday. 

I wanted ask what the relationship between pinkpop and werchter is... as many of the headliners are shared already does this mean that we are likely to get martin garrix or the ten bells. 

16 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Probably as foo fighters sub right, just for logistal reasons..... I really hope that we get the killers, rival sons and some interesting smaller acts. Looking forward to this Friday. 

I wanted ask what the relationship between pinkpop and werchter is... as many of the headliners are shared already does this mean that we are likely to get martin garrix or the ten bells. 

Last year they shared three headliners but that was exceptional. usually they share 1 or two headliners and some (smaller) names. the undercard of Werchter is, in my opinion, always better then Pinkpop's. Martin Garrix: no chance of him playing at werchter. he's more a Tomorrowland-"type-of-guy". Ten bells...can't help you with  that one. Not familiar with it. 

Edited by DaveRSV4

34 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

The Ten Bells won the annual competition to be opening act for the Pinkpop festival. They won't be on Werchter for sure. 

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

Can't say I've ever listened to him 

Me neither. A headliner announced on their own is expected but surely now it should be the batch of 8-10 acts at a time?!

its my first time this year so I'm not sure about the usual announcement times, when do you normally have the whole line up?