• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Happy Anniversary everyone!

:lol: Took you long enough. I thought you would be on here first thing (it being a kinda Xmas for you! ;) )

Wanted to post this earlier but thought id wait to see if you posted a celebratory post first

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

hehe, yep maybe. Jose win bin the league if Utd don't win later. 

Really? They would still be only 3 points behind the Pool with a game in hand and 3 ahead of the Gooners with the Gooners to play a game in hand. It would be silly for him to bin the league if they lost tonight. The way the other two can end up playing at times this season it would still be all to play for IMO.........

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Just now, ThomThomDrum said:

Really? They would still be only 3 points behind the Pool with a game in hand and 3 ahead of the Gooners with the Gooners to play a game in hand. It would be silly for him to bin the league if they lost tonight. The way the other two can end up playing at times this season it would still be all to play for IMO.........

Plus we have Spurs at the weekend.

Title race has two massive games this weekend. Chelsea at Everton and Spurs v Arsenal. Can see some dropped points... for Chelsea. We were dreadful last night and got so lucky.

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

With the injuries at the moment (7 of the first team) and this fixture list hes going to have to prioritise something. If Utd get to the final thats 9 games in less than a month. A game every 3 days. 

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Plus we have Spurs at the weekend.

And Utd the week after. Every game at this time of the season if massive.

Unless you're Sunderland or Boro who can fuck off. Sunderland in particular. Shit. 

Anyone see Moyesie's "Im used to winning" banter last night?! :lol:

I was all for giving him more time at Utd but fuck me was a wrong. What a bullet Utd dodged there. 

Edited by The Nal

59 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

does it really matter if they do?

They might drop points here and there, but I can't see them dropping so many for Spurs to catch them, especially as Spurs are likely to drop a few here and there as well.

I'd say so, yeah. If they draw or lose to Everton at the weekend and Spurs beat Arsenal then they will only be 1 or 2 points clear - and with Spurs having the better goal difference thats only 1 slip (with that slip only being a draw.). Psychologically as well they would have let slip a pretty substantial lead, which might effect them.

They do have an easier last few games though I think.

On 4/26/2017 at 1:42 PM, The Nal said:

Me too.

"Here Joey, pass, I'm free, open goal"

"Nah". 

18 months is actually quite lenient. 

I don't think it is. It's not like he was exploiting his position to make money. Which ever way you look at it he clearly has a gambling addiction. I'm sure he's bet on much more than just the football. There have been far worse things done in the past that haven't got anywhere near that length of a ban. 

On Moyes he's been dealt a shitty hand at Sunderland. They are probably going to be the next Bolton financially.

Saying that though I think football has simply moved on a hell of alot in the last two years, most of his contemporaries who were also relatively successful at the time.. O'Neil, Rodgers, even Redknapp would probably struggle now in the prem. He should of taken the Celtic job when it came up.

Edited by lost

57 minutes ago, lost said:

On Moyes he's been dealt a shitty hand at Sunderland. They are probably going to be the next Bolton financially.

Saying that though I think football has simply moved on a hell of alot in the last two years, most of his contemporaries who were also relatively successful at the time.. O'Neil, Rodgers, even Redknapp would probably struggle now in the prem. He should of taken the Celtic job when it came up.

How is Rodgers in that list? He wasn't even managing in the prem during most of Moyes' best years

16 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

How is Rodgers in that list? He wasn't even managing in the prem during most of Moyes' best years

Well Moyes spans a hell of alot of years. Rodgers made his name at Swansea whilst Moyes was still getting top 6 with Everton. I could of picked lots of other managers though, probably the only one that hasn't been "found out" is big sam.

4 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I don't think it is. It's not like he was exploiting his position to make money. Which ever way you look at it he clearly has a gambling addiction. I'm sure he's bet on much more than just the football. There have been far worse things done in the past that haven't got anywhere near that length of a ban. 

I disagree, I think betting on your team to lose is one of the worst things a footballer can do.

5 hours ago, lost said:

Well Moyes spans a hell of alot of years. Rodgers made his name at Swansea whilst Moyes was still getting top 6 with Everton. I could of picked lots of other managers though, probably the only one that hasn't been "found out" is big sam.

I wouldn't say Rodgers was ever 'found out'. He's did an okay job at Liverpool (people exaggerated how bad he was doing) and is now doing a great job at Celtic. I think he would do well with a mid table premiership team.  

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I disagree, I think betting on your team to lose is one of the worst things a footballer can do.

Worse than drop kicking a fan? What about biting someone? And missing drug tests? I think it completely depends on the context. If he was doing it and was deliberately throwing games then a harsh ban is deserved, but what actually happened was he was an addict and couldn't help himself. A gambling addiction is like any other addiction. You do stupid shit to make sure you get that buzz.  

5 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Worse than drop kicking a fan? What about biting someone? And missing drug tests? I think it completely depends on the context. If he was doing it and was deliberately throwing games then a harsh ban is deserved, but what actually happened was he was an addict and couldn't help himself. A gambling addiction is like any other addiction. You do stupid shit to make sure you get that buzz.  

Well determining the context is the challenge. How do you determine between the gambling addict and the corrupt footballer who plays the gambling addict card when caught, looking for a lesser sentence.