Protoje

zico martin

Really looking forward to seeing protoje and due to clashes his first set at the gully stage is my preference. Just wondering if there'll much difference between the 3 sets he's doing on friday, an hour at the gully followed by an hour at west holts and then a 90 minute headline set at the gully. Any advice/ suggestions? Do you think he'll have the same collaborators all day?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he only playing the Friday, west holts and gully? I've gotta see him and I'm not missing Zz, so looks like I'm gonna have to try and get to the gully. Gonna be hard that, I'm never over that side of the site at that time.

Yep, same same. Toying with the Friday night, but really not sure. Friday daytime at WH is golden though, thai, bixiga 70, ukranian, vince staples then protoje. Trouble is, my gang are all up for the zzers, and i fancy a bit of skepta early doors. 

Ronnie up at The Park adds a yomping dimension to any itinerary I come up with.

I reckon I could catch 20 minutes of Protoje on West Holts pre Beard, Beard and Beard and that would either do me or give me a hankering for more.

Skepta and Christine and the Queens clash is a bit of a bummer.  Gonna sack off Ezra Thurman entirely. Should have been on the Pyramid.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm toying with him as a Friday headliner as well....but I dunno if I want to spend the rest of the night in Silver Hayes.

Though I could maybe watch Stormzy beforehand.

Friday night, man.  A few good options in far flung corners, but the jigsaw isn't really fitting together.

Yeah dude that's my thoughts don't wanna spend me Friday night in silver hayes. Me pals will be elsewhere, we're never that side of the site. Mmm but I gotta see him, so I'll have to give it a go. I wanna be at Subgiant at the bimble inn early hours, so I suppose a stroll after to the park could be a shout.

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This does ring a bell.  What was the bet again?

You kept saying you thought he could play Pyramid; I said he was a shoo-in for the Park. We agreed that if he played the other's predicted stage, we'd send £10 Wateraid's way. Always weighted in my favour, but hey, a deal's a deal!

9 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

You kept saying you thought he could play Pyramid; I said he was a shoo-in for the Park. We agreed that if he played the other's predicted stage, we'd send £10 Wateraid's way. Always weighted in my favour, but hey, a deal's a deal!

Doesn't that mean you are both wrong so should both donate £10 to WaterAid?

This is a quandary for me too - at the mo I am thinking first half hour on WH then bolt over to see ZZ Top, watch Sigur Ros as headliners and bolt over to Gully to catch the end of him there.

Will probably miss either one but oh well, never gonna see ZZ again and been wanting to see SR for ages