Bars

marathonsteve

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mattty said:

Where's the Bread and Roses? Can't for the life of me remember and trying to sort out a crawl on Thursday. Want to see Gecko during the crawl. 

I'm sure it's this white structure on the left (as don't think that is Cornish Arms)

Bread & roses.PNG

*bump*

Now then, I'm pretty picky about what beer I drink. I do like a good craft ale, and I can't say no to a solid continental lager, and I fucking hate Tuborg. 

So... what are the best bar options for..

Pyramid
Other
Croissant Neuf
Avalon
Park
West Holts
John Peel
Rabbit Hole 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

*bump*

Now then, I'm pretty picky about what beer I drink. I do like a good craft ale, and I can't say no to a solid continental lager, and I fucking hate Tuborg. 

So... what are the best bar options for..

Pyramid
Other
Croissant Neuf
Avalon
Park
West Holts
John Peel
Rabbit Hole 

You'll be lucky, majority of bars only have Tuborg, and you only get craft ale at the Tricketts bar at the top of the Park (and possibly the Theatre Bar). A few places do San Miguel. Have a look at this thread for more info: 

10 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

*bump*

So... what are the best bar options for...

Pyramid - Beat Hotel
Other - Bring your own
Croissant Neuf - ???
Avalon - Avalon inn
Park - Bimble
West Holts - Brothers
John Peel - Beat Hotel
Rabbit Hole - Bimble inn or they have their own cocktails inside the tent

If you are at williams green they have craft cider bars, and the theatre bar in the next field is nice. cocktails further down in theatre and circus as well. Then you also have the real ale bar in acoustic field near there too.

Edited by Memory Man

I don't really give a shit about Tubourg, it's just another lager - the majority of which taste basically the same. The trouble at a festival is that the lagers go flat so quickly. I much prefer cider as it keeps its taste longer imo. San Miguel would be nice, the London prices not so much. Are there many private sellers outside gate A hawking crates of beer or cider? I can't remember