New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

2 hours ago, mark_87 said:

Thinking about getting this tent for my partner and I... never had a fresh n black before!

Anyone have any experiences with this one?

1529783391_Screenshot_20230322_083441_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5f2b511dfdda2fb0b794782d147b4683.jpg

Highly recommended. 
Done 2 Glastonbury’s in this, including the very muddy 2016. Great tent, easy to put up and take down. Worked so well for me, suggest going to a store and making sure there’s enough room for both of you plus bags. 
I am probably going to get the non pop up version of this for this year as going by coach

2 hours ago, mark_87 said:

Thinking about getting this tent for my partner and I... never had a fresh n black before!

Anyone have any experiences with this one?

1529783391_Screenshot_20230322_083441_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5f2b511dfdda2fb0b794782d147b4683.jpg

Wouldn't usually comment on a thread like this but I have this exact tent and it's ****ing ace.

We use it all the time when we're back in the UK - got a blow up double bed also (not for Glasto mind) 🤣, take the duvet down and we have the most luxurious and cosy camping trips in it, and there's still plenty of space.

It's really big and a bit larger to carry if you have it on your back but it's a really good tent. Just practice packing it away before you go as ever with the Quechua ones as there's a bit of a knack to it. It's not hard, just something you need to try once before you go away imo.

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Rolling back up: i put the bag in front of me so i have an approx idea of the desired width needed from my bundle, point the doors towards the end of the rolling direction, and then put everything inside itself so the tent is kind of protected by the bottom sheet, and start rolling. when its rolled i mount it like Steve Irwin mounted alligators, and continue to sit on it while i bung it in the bag. Decent ties to keep it compressed are very helpful.

Its typically a right old wrestle until i get half the zip zipped up, and then it all gets much easier from there. The FnB ones have bigger bags than previous tents ive owned- its not been as much of a ballache as previously. A couple of practices (which is a fairly moist job at this time of year!) and youre good 👍

I've never had an issue getting the tent back into a F&B bag, they definitely are bigger than any other tent bags 

2 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

Sort of related.. anyone have any of the Decathlon air beds? (self inflating or otherwise)

And if so, any good? 

ive got one of these but I ditched it after one night ....https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/inflatable-camping-bed-base-camp-bed-air-70-cm-1-person/_/R-p-309887?mc=8595949&utm_term=8595949-2923834&&iv_=__iv_p_1_g_65720145551_c_316396756296_w_pla-329717981422_n_g_d_c_v__l__t__r_x_pla_y_15177021_f_online_o_8595949-2923834_z_GB_i_en_j_329717981422_s__e__h_1007149_ii__vi__&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkeCp-7v3_QIVD4btCh17PwITEAQYASABEgJAZ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

couldn't get on with it as I felt the slats in my back but I know others have said  its very good .... maybe I just needed a fatter SIM ... reminds me I must try and sell it 

On 3/25/2023 at 4:13 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Thanks for your input.

Hmm, yeah I'm not sure about that one either.. 😅

I was considering this?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/double-air-mattress-140cm/_/R-p-310021?mc=8561145&c=BEIGE

1 minute ago, mark_87 said:

Thanks for your input.

Hmm, yeah I'm not sure about that one either.. 😅

I was considering this?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/double-air-mattress-140cm/_/R-p-310021?mc=8561145&c=BEIGE

I don't have this, but feature-wise it doesn't look any different to the (considerably cheaper) regular air mattresses you can buy from a supermarket. The upside of this type of mattress is the adjustability and physical comfort offered through having 6 inches or more of mattress. I sleep on my side, so I have always been wary of thin camping mats. The downside of this design is that it offers very little insulation from the cold ground, as opposed to most other alternatives. Foam mats, self-inflating mattresses or more advanced air mattresses which separate the air close to the body from the air close to the ground are all better in this respect. Using a blanket on top can help though. Also, you need to bring a pump, unlike with a camping mat or self-inflating mattress.

On 3/27/2023 at 8:07 AM, FrankieX said:

I don't have this, but feature-wise it doesn't look any different to the (considerably cheaper) regular air mattresses you can buy from a supermarket. The upside of this type of mattress is the adjustability and physical comfort offered through having 6 inches or more of mattress. I sleep on my side, so I have always been wary of thin camping mats. The downside of this design is that it offers very little insulation from the cold ground, as opposed to most other alternatives. Foam mats, self-inflating mattresses or more advanced air mattresses which separate the air close to the body from the air close to the ground are all better in this respect. Using a blanket on top can help though. Also, you need to bring a pump, unlike with a camping mat or self-inflating mattress.

Very helpful, thanks.

Do you have a recommendation of a reasonably priced better one? Self inflating sounds good too!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a fresh and black small tent for four years now...wouldn't camp without it again.

Having bagged a resale ticket last week me and a mate of mine have gone halves on this..being delivered today!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/camping-tent-with-poles-arpenaz-4-1-f-b-4-persons-1-bedroom/_/R-p-177332?mc=8731616&c=BLUE_TURQUOISE 

Edited by gooner1990

16 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Had a fresh and black small tent for four years now...wouldn't camp without it again.

Having bagged a resale ticket last week me and a mate of mine have gone halves on this..being delivered today!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/camping-tent-with-poles-arpenaz-4-1-f-b-4-persons-1-bedroom/_/R-p-177332?mc=8731616&c=BLUE_TURQUOISE 

I bought the exact same tent a few weeks ago! 

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet but well excited to put it up. Looking forward to the extra room after using a small eurohike for years. 

10 minutes ago, becs94 said:

I bought the exact same tent a few weeks ago! 

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet but well excited to put it up. Looking forward to the extra room after using a small eurohike for years. 

I'll assume my mate will test it before Glastonbury (its being delivered to him)....should be ok....same as you looking forward to having a little more room.