The thread for the ticketless who would like help in the resale

thurlow84

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

From my memory the last place to sell out last year was Taunton. Which is also the closest departure point to the site & shortest bus ride 

thanks! Could we theoretically get to Taunton by car, hop on the bus to Glasto, take a train/bus ride back to Taunton and drive the car (with our stuff) to the festival site?

Still wondering if I'll be able to choose the timetable from/to bristol tonite. Got no problems for wednesday, cause we're coming from italy on tuesday. But I need to leave the festival on monday morning not later than 8am. 

Do you guys know if I can just buy the wednesday coach from bristol to glasto and then arrange the trip back with nat express? Tx

If anyone wants me to try for tickets tonight or Sunday then PM me. My understanding is that the coach tickets are limited to two per booking and up to four tickets on Sundays sale. 

Of course, there are no guarantees I will get onto the page, but I have a fairly good track record, and I have been a member of this forum since 2008 and been to every  Glasto since 1997.

1 hour ago, cartonio said:

Still wondering if I'll be able to choose the timetable from/to bristol tonite. Got no problems for wednesday, cause we're coming from italy on tuesday. But I need to leave the festival on monday morning not later than 8am. 

Do you guys know if I can just buy the wednesday coach from bristol to glasto and then arrange the trip back with nat express? Tx

You can get on earlier coaches they don't check tickets on the way out. Or a shuttle / train would be fairly easy.

If you have a plane to catch I wouldn't leave it until 8am to leave. It can get very busy at every point of the journey from the busses & train station to the roads & traffic around the site 

48 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

You can get on earlier coaches they don't check tickets on the way out. Or a shuttle / train would be fairly easy.

If you have a plane to catch I wouldn't leave it until 8am to leave. It can get very busy at every point of the journey from the busses & train station to the roads & traffic around the site 

tx, that sounds interesting. anyway, in all previous years we've been fine with the 8am coach (plane leaves bristol at 12.10). guess I'll go with the one way coach

3 hours ago, rzwodezwo said:

thanks! Could we theoretically get to Taunton by car, hop on the bus to Glasto, take a train/bus ride back to Taunton and drive the car (with our stuff) to the festival site?

I misread this earlier, sorry I was fixing a gate, we are leaving our cars in Taunton & just getting them Monday. Way easier 

2 hours ago, cartonio said:

In 2013 I had to be in Gatwick for 8pm  on Monday night. Thought leaving Glasto at 8am was fine until I saw the chaos in the coach car park. Hopped on a nat express to Bristol train station and got the train to London. Would've missed the flight otherwise.

I am half tempted to try for coach tickets tonight, but the thought of getting lumped on a late bus travelling all of the way from Newcastle is putting me off. With National Express I would be getting there for 3.50pm, which is late enough. Would be taking a hell of a risk of possibly getting down late at night if I go with See.

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

In 2013 I had to be in Gatwick for 8pm  on Monday night. Thought leaving Glasto at 8am was fine until I saw the chaos in the coach car park. Hopped on a nat express to Bristol train station and got the train to London. Would've missed the flight otherwise.

now you're scaring me! 

in the past sometimes we took a taxi back to the airport on monday morning and other times we took the national express. we always left not later than 8am and were on time for the plane that leaves bristol airport at 12.10. does the coach has become more chaotic?

I thinking now that the best solution is to take the seetickets coach on wednesday and then arrange a national express on monday morning at 7am. what do u think?

2 minutes ago, cartonio said:

now you're scaring me! 

in the past sometimes we took a taxi back to the airport on monday morning and other times we took the national express. we always left not later than 8am and were on time for the plane that leaves bristol airport at 12.10. does the coach has become more chaotic?

I thinking now that the best solution is to take the seetickets coach on wednesday and then arrange a national express on monday morning at 7am. what do u think?

Yeah it was nuts. I asked at the ticket desk and they said we could be waiting 4-5 hours. Basically, our coach (that we had already booked there and back) was delayed by 4-5 hours. Thousands in the queues hopping on any bus that was going in their general direction. 

Take the hit and pay for a NE yeah. You'll get to Bristol very quickly that way.

Just now, The Nal said:

Yeah it was nuts. I asked at the ticket desk and they said we could be waiting 4-5 hours. Basically, our coach (that we had already booked there and back) was delayed by 4-5 hours. Thousands in the queues hopping on any bus that was going in their general direction. 

Take the hit and pay for a NE yeah. You'll get to Bristol very quickly that way.

ok, I'll go for a NE! hope to get a ticket tonite...good luck everybody else

YAY!!!:D:D:D

Just managed to get a ticket in the coach resale!!! Got 'turned down' a couple of times on the 6.30 departures from Bristol but managed to get on a 9.30 departure before they all went.

Now I'm all set & in a good mood I'd be glad to help anyone on Sunday if needed. Just PM me.