Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah kinda what I meant. Huge for Bren though.

why is it?

The team is performing at close to the level anyone would reasonably expect.

Or are you the only Man Utd fan in the world to think they're good enough to win the league? :P

PS: the derby is recognised as a game where form, team quality, management quality and everything else can be ripped up and chucked out of the window. If it's a defeat, as long as they've looked like they're trying, it won't matter a fuck.

Edited by eFestivals

Try telling that to Liverpool fans if it happens on Sunday!

dented local pride isn't them shouting "sack the manager". :rolleyes:

If you care to read any places where Liverpool fans say what Liverpool fans say, you'll see very few calling for rodgers head.

Mind you, in some places you'll find them full of Utd fans saying how shit he is and that he should be sacked. Just like you're doing here.

Funnily enough you weren't saying it about Moyes when it was 100% blindingly obvious that he was shit. Or LvG last year after the biggest one-window domestic spend in English history. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

I don't think Rodgers should be sacked. Should be given the season with Sturridge playing. I (sadly) think they could be in business with him and Benteke playing regularly.

But the #RodgersOut campaign is gathering momentum in Liverpool. As you said above, if they play shit and get stuffed it could be the last straw. Enormous pressure so early in the season.

That said, if they win and other results go their way they could be 3rd or 4th by Sunday night.

In all seriousness, there's as much chance of Martinez being sacked after losing next weekend as there is Rodgers.

If Everton win tonight they will be 5th on 12 points having had a very solid start to the season with only really the draw with Watford on the first day of the season as a below par result. Why on earth would Martinez be sacked if he lost to Liverpool next weekend?

If Everton win tonight they will be 5th on 12 points having had a very solid start to the season with only really the draw with Watford on the first day of the season as a below par result. Why on earth would Martinez be sacked if he lost to Liverpool next weekend?

I'm not expecting that he will be. Just as that one result won't get Rodgers sacked.

If Rodgers is really under pressure from the owners he's gone already really, and that result won't be anything of it.

Personally I think the stories of Klopp and Ancelotti having been approached are bollocks and the papers are just filling space, but you never know with these sorts of things.

He wouldn't be. But why let facts get in the way of a perfectly good pro Liverpool/Rodgers rant.

I can see reasons why he might go, but they ultimately end up with the phrase "unrealistic owners" in there somewhere.

if he's going, the Everton result won't be what triggers it (unless they're truly awful, might happen I guess), that's all. If he's about to go, he's already gone really.

Have there been stories that Klopp has been approached? Genuine question.

Every report I've read is that it's Klopp himself (through his advisors) who has been making it known he would be interested in the role if it was available.

There's a story in today's beeb gossip that says something about him only taking the job if he's in charge of transfers, tho I didn't read the original article to see if it's claiming an actual approach.

The papers always get on at least one manager's back at this time of year, and this year is Rodger's turn (quite why Moaniho is getting a free pass i'm not sure). It's the sort of thing that tends to be decided by future events rather than what the papers say - tho of course future events get to make the papers ultimately right in some cases.

Edited by eFestivals

Where like? The BBC gossip page, I know that's a personal fave of yours.

Rodgers is a dead man walking, he knows that and his players certainly do.

Why else blather about outside influences? Rodgers is Rafa on a bag of haribos.

I tend to use the Guardian as I get to read comments by fans of all teams there.

He's feeling the pressure, sure, but why wouldn't he be? The team hasn't be playing well yet. He knows he needs to do better just as much as everyone else does.

Are there outside influences heating things up? Yes there are. His rant might not be well-advised, but he's hardly the first to turn on his detractors. Someone I know made a career of it. :P

Personally I think it's all paper talk at the mo, but it'll become real enough if the team don't get their shit together soonish.

There's a story in today's beeb gossip that says something about him only taking the job if he's in charge of transfers, tho I didn't read the original article to see if it's claiming an actual approach.

Ummmmm

So there aren't any stories about Liverpool approaching Klopp?

So you think stories that don't exist, are bollocks?

Hmm, gotcha.

In all seriousness, there's as much chance of Martinez being sacked after losing next weekend as there is Rodgers.

If Everton win tonight they will be unbeaten away from home and 5th (3 places above Liverpool) - even if they get thrashed by Liverpool - there's no chance of Martinez being sacked until the away form dips.

If they get passed Norwich in the League Cup his position will be even stronger.

Ummmmm

So there aren't any stories about Liverpool approaching Klopp?

So you think stories that don't exist, are bollocks?

Hmm, gotcha.

lol ... well, I;ve just followed thru on that story, and it doesn't claim an approach, and I followed thru from that to an ancelotti story too, and that one doesn't mention an approach either ... tho I was under the impression that stories were claiming he had been approached.

But the stories do say that Liverpool are 'considering' replacing Rodgers with one or other.

So yes, i'm calling them out as bollocks.

And both of those stories read as classic paper filler, nowt more. Which is pretty much what I said.

Brendan Rogers is the biggest troll in football, no fucking way he doesn't sit at home laughing to himself at what he's said. "I cant believe they took that one seriously". The Liverpool squad have probably got some kind of book running on how long he can get away with it. Epic bantz.