Latitude Festival 2015

homeravery

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellow toilets are fine and the noise is also fine, especially if you're used to Glastonbury. The "anti-social behaviour" at Latitude is rather laughable.

Speak for your fucking self mate, I once heard Hugo ask Rupert for the cheese board in an unacceptably loud tone for 11pm.

Thanks for that. The programmes are a bit steep, but I'd still probably be tempted. I have the ones from my previous Latitudes (2007 & 2008) on the bookcase behind me! Good call on taking a photo of the times on the info boards - can't believe I hadn't thought of doing that before!

I have the full set of books { Programmes } but they are stacked in my shed in my back garden which is full of brambles so I am not rushing out to check the face value.

I find them better value than many of the Glastonbury Programmes - this year it was £20 !! - Some Volunteers get them free and others have to pay full cover price - one of the people on this board was able to get me a free copy this year which was very kind of him .

I suspect the 2015 Programme may be £12.

if the last time you were there was 2008 then you will notice a lot more people walking about although the three bridges do help.

Serches are fairly thorough. Not as thorough as Field Day. But not as lax as Green Man either. If you have enough cunning, there is enough ways to sneak some contraband in. As for if yr caught, well, if its a bit of vodka, it wil just be confiscated. Course, terms & conditions state that they reserve the right to refuse admission etc. But you will be fine.

ta for this

Finally decided to order a ticket for Latitude. With my friends always saying how much fun they have at this festival I've finally decided to pop along, despite not being massively excited by the lineup, seeing as its fairly local as well for me. I guess there is a lot more than just music, comedy at this fest can't be beat really in terms of sheer depth of comedians, at a music festival at least. Looking forward to it!

Hello.

I had a pair of tickets but sold them on due to my wife injuring her leg.

The fella who purchased them has never been to a festival before & said to me "can you find out how much a pint is?"

So - last year's attendees how much where they?

Edited by Pjonze

Nadine Shah. She was very nearly the best thing I saw at Glastonbury this year

Nice tip. I was watching the Unthanks at the time, which are also on at Latitude - and also worth checking out.

Although I'm generally pretty happy with the line up this year,Saturday is my weakest day so far. I just assumed horses for courses and all that, but what else is there I should be seeing? Apart from, obviously, Portishead, I've got just Savages, Jane Weaver and BDB at the moment

Oy, Saturday day ticket holder, I order you to watch Nadine Shah. She was very nearly the best thing I saw at Glastonbury this year, she was on in the fucking morning as well. I must say, you've picked the best day.

Cheers for that, I'll be all over that. I see she's on that nice stage in the woods. Hopefully she doesnt clash with badly drawn boy.

Nice tip. I was watching the Unthanks at the time, which are also on at Latitude - and also worth checking out.

Although I'm generally pretty happy with the line up this year,Saturday is my weakest day so far. I just assumed horses for courses and all that, but what else is there I should be seeing? Apart from, obviously, Portishead, I've got just Savages, Jane Weaver and BDB at the moment

Twilight Sad are very good live

Check out Sun Kil Moon if you haven't already - one of my favourite acts of the weekend. 

Also, Wolf Alice are always pretty decent live and for the morning, I'm liking the look of Izzy Bizu :)

Edited by PDAD

Check out Sun Kil Moon if you haven't already - one of my favourite acts of the weekend. 

Also, Wolf Alice are always pretty decent live and for the morning, I'm liking the look of Izzy Bizu :)

Fairly stupidly, I've been previously put off my the name before now - which I still don't get - but having taken the radical step of actually listening he's pretty interesting.

Note to self: dont judge book by cover

And Wolf alice straight after - how did I miss that?

Oy, Saturday day ticket holder, I order you to watch Nadine Shah. She was very nearly the best thing I saw at Glastonbury this year, she was on in the fucking morning as well. I must say, you've picked the best day.

totally agree about her set at Glastonbury and I think the iArena is the perfect spot for her, just wish she didn't clash with Benjamin Booker who would also really suit the iArena

What's everyone planning on seeing on Friday as well? It's my first Latitude and I'll only be able to get there that morning so most of the day for me will probably be spent wondering around and getting a feel for the different stages and taking in a few acts (Toro Y Moi and Caribou are my only 'must sees' that day), but on the whole it's probably my least favourite day anyway so I wondered if there was any other acts I should check out at all?

What's everyone planning on seeing on Friday as well? It's my first Latitude and I'll only be able to get there that morning so most of the day for me will probably be spent wondering around and getting a feel for the different stages and taking in a few acts (Toro Y Moi and Caribou are my only 'must sees' that day), but on the whole it's probably my least favourite day anyway so I wondered if there was any other acts I should check out at all?

Omar Souleyman is not to be missed. Summer Camp are pretty much the perfect band to open the festival, guarantees a sunny start, check out all of their singles, and their astounding debut album Welcome To Condale (other albums are great singles plus alrightish album tracks). Femi Kuti & The Positive Force should be good, Santigold has some brilliant songs so she'll be decent. Songhoy Blues are loads of fun. Bill Wells & Aiden Moffat look incredible live, as does Jon Hopkins, but the buggers are on at the same time as each other, which will hurt me, but the great thing about Latitude is that it's not difficult to do half one set and half another. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart will be up your street if you're into grungey indie pop like Alvvays, Veronica Falls, Yuck, etc. Public Service Broadcasting look like they put on a great show, I don't think anybody can argue with them.