Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

I took my daughters last year, shame about the mud really but they had a good time 

ahh yes such a shame, I know it's still awesome in the mud, but the thing that upsets me is the flowers and decorations that people have put a lot of time into don't really get noticed. (too busy watching your step lol)

Glad they had fun though how old were they last yr?

Just now, frizzydizzymizzy said:

ahh yes such a shame, I know it's still awesome in the mud, but the thing that upsets me is the flowers and decorations that people have put a lot of time into don't really get noticed. (too busy watching your step lol)

Glad they had fun though how old were they last yr?

10 & 12, it was just exhausting not being able to sit down anywhere, they loved adele though

5 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

Just wondering if anyone here had cool parents who took them when they were small?

Luckily the grandparents will have our daughter again this year, the other half doesn't want to take her till she's 7..but i'm keen to take her next time when she'll be 4 and a half. I love seeing all the kids there in their decorated carts with their faces painted!

We've taken one since she was 7. Took the toddler as a bump in 2015, and as a baby last year, and if we get in this year will be taking them both again, plus another bump. So never had cool parents myself, but possibly #tryingtoohard to be cool myself ;)

3 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

10 & 12, it was just exhausting not being able to sit down anywhere, they loved adele though

Taking two nearly 13 year olds with me. Was thinking of letting them have a wonder around in the day on their own. Reckon its OK ?

6 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

Just wondering if anyone here had cool parents who took them when they were small?

Luckily the grandparents will have our daughter again this year, the other half doesn't want to take her till she's 7..but i'm keen to take her next time when she'll be 4 and a half. I love seeing all the kids there in their decorated carts with their faces painted!

I wish! I like to think of myself as that cool parent. My son first went to Glastonbury at 6 months old (2013). This year should have been his fifth straight Glastonbury. Too young to appreciate?? Not at all, he loves it and talks about it constantly, instantly recognises music he heard there and was as upset as me when we didn't get tickets in either sale this year. 

I took my daughter to see Dizzee Rascal several years ago. I was the oldest there but quite a way. 

But on the plus side I was one of only a handful of people who was old enough to buy a beer. Every cloud.....

3 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

We've taken one since she was 7. Took the toddler as a bump in 2015, and as a baby last year, and if we get in this year will be taking them both again, plus another bump. So never had cool parents myself, but possibly #tryingtoohard to be cool myself ;)

defo cool parent! that's awesome! hope you get tickets! I was pregnant in 2014 first sober glasto lol..i had a couple of shandys and ate at nearly every stall finished with churros and hot chocolate sauce at midnight! My parents were there for the first time that year too after me raving on about it to them..good job I was sober really!

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

itll probably be something like glastonburried again, incredibly poorly organised, with the same answers as the year before, won by obvious alias accounts set up just to enter

I entered an EE competition in 2014 where they were giving away 20 pairs of tickets. You had to think of a useful glasto invention then create a drawing, vine or video of it. Mine was one of only 10 entries retweeted by the official EE twitter account so I thought I was in with a shout. 

Came to the winners announcements and a load of people with twitter accounts with tens of thousands of followers or who work for websites such as the Poke and YouTube vloggers won. Oh and there were only 19 winners.

I'm not bitter though, honestly 

2 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I took my daughter to see Dizzee Rascal several years ago. I was the oldest there but quite a way. 

But on the plus side I was one of only a handful of people who was old enough to buy a beer. Every cloud.....

you don't stop raving because you get old, you get old because you stop raving!

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

daytime id say they'd be fine. as long as they have phones with them etc

Yeah thats what we were thinking (phones) and having a if all contact fails meeting point at either the tent or somewhere on the other side of the festival is thats nearer. They can then help me get home in the dark when we are all together ha ha. 

14 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

I took my youngest when she was 2 and a half.  This year, she'll be four and a half.  Well worth it, I would say.  Mind you, this year, the grandparents are having them for the first few days so they don't miss too much school (well, that's what I've told them - I'm sure it is nothing to do with a couple of days child-free!).

1 minute ago, Gregcharlie said:

I was so cool I actually did the reverse, took my 57 year old dad in 2013...

took my 61 year old dad in 2011, he had a lovely time, fell over twice (he was worthy view-ing so didn't appreciate the hill).

at one point I bumped into him randomly in the corner of a tent watching a quite intense circus show and he offered me whiskey, which was handy...

I was so proud of him, mum insists he didn't have a good time but I'm so glad he made it to my favourite place and knows what it's like!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MJ88 said:

I wish! I like to think of myself as that cool parent. My son first went to Glastonbury at 6 months old (2013). This year should have been his fifth straight Glastonbury. Too young to appreciate?? Not at all, he loves it and talks about it constantly, instantly recognises music he heard there and was as upset as me when we didn't get tickets in either sale this year. 

that's cool 6months old! fingers crossed for you :)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

I entered an EE competition in 2014 where they were giving away 20 pairs of tickets. You had to think of a useful glasto invention then create a drawing, vine or video of it. Mine was one of only 10 entries retweeted by the official EE twitter account so I thought I was in with a shout. 

Came to the winners announcements and a load of people with twitter accounts with tens of thousands of followers or who work for websites such as the Poke and YouTube vloggers won. Oh and there were only 19 winners.

I'm not bitter though, honestly 

Really? So i guess its all business with this retweeting stuff really, not a bit of fun with real winners. The bigger your amount of followers the more chance you have then. Also not bitter here.

Edited by lobo