Less known artists/bands you should check out...

XIV

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well known I'm sure to people of a certain age and I've not seen them since they have come back, but anyone who has even a vague interest in late 70s / early 8o's post punk must check out The Pop Group

Edited by tjamest

Well known as part of Arcade Fire, but I went to check out Will Butler playing solo in Glasgow last night and was particularly impressed, as energetic as expected but seems like he's taken nicely to the solo aspect

Would be great to see him in the afternoon on the park say, check out his record Policy, well worth a listen

Stealing Sheep confirmed by 6 Music last night. A very curious sound I'd like to check out.

Interesting. Genevieve was such a great single. Hopefully they'll pop up in Croissant Neuf or somewhere small.

Well known I'm sure to people of a certain age and I've not seen them since they have come back, but anyone who has even a vague interest in late 70s / early 8o's post punk must check out The Pop Group

Got a feeling these guys will either be brilliant or terrible live. Has anyone seen them recently?

Just giving John Fairhurst a listen now, he's awesome! Has he self confirmed? He's like Seasick John Hendrix Waits

He certainly is! Yes, for both the Glade and Hell Stage so hopefully one of those will be clash free. Hell Stage Thursday night would be great.

Modestep are great live, loads of energy. Going to be interesting to see how they do at Glastonbury after a line up change.

Not going to be everyone's cup of tea but they went down brilliantly when I played them at a youtube battle in Vietnam.

They play a few out of the blue covers too which I always love.

Interesting. Genevieve was such a great single. Hopefully they'll pop up in Croissant Neuf or somewhere small.

Got a feeling these guys will either be brilliant or terrible live. Has anyone seen them recently?

He certainly is! Yes, for both the Glade and Hell Stage so hopefully one of those will be clash free. Hell Stage Thursday night would be great.

I've got his albums on spotify now and there isn't a song I don't like. He's gone straight into my top 5 must sees!

Big fan of Perfume Genius and looking forward to his set

https://youtu.be/Z7OSSUwPVM4

desperately hoping there's no clash here as i'd love to see him. assuming he's playing the Park (can;t see him fitting in elsewhere) which would be just brilliant. how high up do we think he'll be? can never really gage his popularity

desperately hoping there's no clash here as i'd love to see him. assuming he's playing the Park (can;t see him fitting in elsewhere) which would be just brilliant. how high up do we think he'll be? can never really gage his popularity

Good question! Park sounds plausible, but like you I have no idea about his popularity. None of my friends have any idea about him, not that that speaks for the entire festival population... I predict a late afternoon, 4/5 pm slot, based on nothing whatsoever.

Edited by psward

Good question! Park sounds plausible, but like you I have no idea about his popularity. None of my friends have any idea about him, not that that speaks for the entire festival population... I predict a late afternoon, 4/5 pm slot, based on nothing whatsoever.

hope you're right as far less chance of clashes there than further up the lineup. reckon this will be a really special set. and none of my friends have heard of him either and i doubt any will be interested so i'll no doubt have to do it alone

Edited by FloorFiller

Saw these lads in November or December in Belfast.

Yer man Jason looked like he was winged off his tits.

The other lad basically does fuck all... stands there drinking!

Easy life!

youtube at work is blocked....but i assume your talking about Sleaford Mods? Hated them at first..but they are strnagley alluring and found myself going back to em!

how were they live?

Well known as part of Arcade Fire, but I went to check out Will Butler playing solo in Glasgow last night and was particularly impressed, as energetic as expected but seems like he's taken nicely to the solo aspect

Would be great to see him in the afternoon on the park say, check out his record Policy, well worth a listen

Yes its very good, brought it on Vinyl as a treat. xD

youtube at work is blocked....but i assume your talking about Sleaford Mods? Hated them at first..but they are strnagley alluring and found myself going back to em!

how were they live?

Same here, i start off thinking what?! But then cant turn them off.

Great stuff!

Saw these lads in November or December in Belfast.

Yer man Jason looked like he was winged off his tits.

The other lad basically does fuck all... stands there drinking!

Easy life!

I can't wait for these, especially if they're in the JP tent. I bet Jason scares the shit out of some people.