Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Bullet will headline the second stage. Something like this would please me.

Bring Me The Horizon

Limp Bizkit

Disturbed

Alexisonfire

While She Sleeps

Alice Cooper

Volbeat

System Of A Down

Deftones

Stone Sour

Killswitch Engage

Coheed and Cambria

All Time Low

Sleeping With Sirens

Black Sabbath

Whitesnake

Motörhead

The Darkness

Airbourne

Bullet For My Valentine

Skindred

I reckon Bullet will headline the second stage. Something like this would please me.

Bring Me The Horizon

Limp Bizkit

Disturbed

Alexisonfire

While She Sleeps

Alice Cooper

Volbeat

System Of A Down

Deftones

Stone Sour

Killswitch Engage

Coheed and Cambria

All Time Low

Sleeping With Sirens

Black Sabbath

Whitesnake

Motörhead

The Darkness

Airbourne

Bullet For My Valentine

Skindred

I'd say Bullet are far more likely to headline than BMTH imo. I'd expect to see Bullet-SOAD-Iron Maiden.

I'd say Bullet are far more likely to headline than BMTH imo. I'd expect to see Bullet-SOAD-Iron Maiden.

Absolutely no way. They announced a tour of small-ish theatres and clubs three months ago and have only sold about half of them out. It's probably only their relationship with the festival that's gonna keep them around sub/second stage headliner level.

Think how much it would be to get the original guns n roses line up. Think Andy would have pull everything he could to get them cause the only festival I can think off with that amount of money they might demand is glastonbury.

Glastonbury don't pay anywhere near the other festivals. They get the big acts as it's seen as an honour to be asked to play and it headlining it usually causes a huge spike in the artist's album sales

Biffy clyro.

30 seconds to Mars

Smashing pumpkins

Bullet for my valentine

Pretty reckless

Pantera ft Zac wylde

System of a down

Slayer

Dropkick Murphys

Frank turner and the sleeping souls

Guns n roses (original line up)

Steel panther

Whitesnake

Enter shikari

Skindred

But I know for a fact this wont happen but just my ideal speculation

I think they'll give BMTH a shot at headlining, a lot of people moaning about the same, old recycled bands and download keep hyping them up, how it will go down I don't know. Deftones new album is out in november so they will likley be sub headlining someone (or a 2nd stage headliner) If the new rammstein album is out by then, i think its likely they will be booked. Pantera ft Zak wilde will be monumentally awesome and will pull in a gigantic crowd, fingers crossed for that 

Dunno. I can half remember Copping addressed whether they'd headline or not, but not what he said. :P Their reunion would kinda be massive to a minority but minor to the masses so I suppose it'd depend on who else is headlining.

Anyway, Vinnie Paul pretty much slammed any talk of a reunion and those fans who call for a reunion last year while we were predicting them for this year so I don't think that'll happen.

Oh Iron Maiden added as a rumour.  :umbrage:

Assuming something to do with 

Ed Force One heads to EUROPE for a very extensive tour starting in late May and finishing in early August. 

http://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-and-the-book-of-souls-go-jumbo-on-massive-2016-world-tour.html

Assuming something to do with 

Ed Force One heads to EUROPE for a very extensive tour starting in late May and finishing in early August. 

http://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-and-the-book-of-souls-go-jumbo-on-massive-2016-world-tour.html

I'd imagine so, heading into Europe at exactly the time Download is on, they'd be a good booking even if it was only 3 years ago last time.

Sadly, it sounds like a strong possibility to me - like Slipknot, Iron Maiden have a tendency of reappearing on a regular basis at festivals like Download.  BMTH for Friday, I'd say, and Iron Maiden for Saturday.  Shame, cos I'd set my heart on SOAD and Sabbath, although Sabbath could get booked for Sunday, I suppose - let's hope so - that'd guarantee us buying a Sunday day ticket ......