Going on your on hints and tips?

spuddy09

The advice above - make friends with your neighbours - is the best advice. You'll never be alone at Glasto, unless you want to be.

You look out for your neighbours and they'll look out for you.

Also use the lock ups for anything valuable. You can store most of your cash there and draw out a bit as and when needed.

No one I know has been robbed at glastonbury however it has happened before at other festivals so if you're worried about it, just keep your valuables on you when you're out. At night it's probably best to sleep with them (cash, card, any ID etc) in your sleeping bag as the majority of tent robberies that I have encountered (this is at other festivals mind) have been when there are people sleeping in the tent. Definitely get to know your neighbours too.

As for going alone, I'm sure you'll meet loads of people and have an amazing time! One of the best nights I've ever had at glastonbury was when I lost the group I was with. My mum has been going it alone for 20 years and loves it. If you are nervous, maybe go to the efestivals meet and get to know some of the people from the forum?

Put your cash etc in a free lock up at night, most theives are after easy pickings, cash, phones etc. The rest of your stuff will be fine. Glastonbury is a very easy place to sit and chat to anyone, outside of the campsite head for places like the Tiny Tea Tent in the Greenfields, anywhere in the Park, on the benches at the back of West Holts or anywhere in Avalon for good spots to chat, get involved with some of the green activities and workshops too. I find the big main stages are the least easy to chat to people at, but you don't have to move far. Be nice, if you know you're a bit of a knob after a few beers, then take it easy...no one wants a leary idiot trying to make friends!

. At night it's probably best to sleep with them (cash, card, any ID etc) in your sleeping bag a.

Or use a free lockup!

Actually probs the best advice for finding a place to camp, is having a lock up en route for when you head back at night! (and a long drop on your way to find breakfast of a morning :P)

You can also find make friends with a group of internet weirdos on here or twitter and camp with them :P Which is nice, as you get the friendly campsite/place to head for and still can maintain all the freedom that going on your own brings!

I've been alone a couple of times and I'd say that the big stages are the easiest places to start chatting to people. I've had more conversations with strangers when in a big crowd waiting for a band to come on than anywhere else.

I always find The Park great for chatting to randoms. The SE corner probably the worst, but that may just be my state of mind at that hour.

I always find The Park great for chatting to randoms.

I always find The Park a very friendly place, no casualties & chilled out people.

I wouldn't recommend looking for people up at the Stone Circle, everyone seems to be in a big group, on a come down or starting their evening of drug taking.

I've never not found some new friends to chill with from campsite neighbours, even if it was just for the evening, when going as a twosome or alone.