SKRILLEX @ GLASTONBURY 2014

bamber

His set on the Other was the most amazing jaw dropping what the fuck moment I've ever experienced at Glastonbury. Made me feel like an old, out of touch man who had no idea what the hell was going on with the youth of today. Wonderful and a memory i shall treasure forever. A field full of people going mental to something I just couldn't understand. Man, that's beautiful. Must have been how the old guard felt seeing Orbital in 1994.

Personally it's one of the most awful things I've ever heard at Glastonbury. I just don't get it - sounded a complete mess and I like dance music. My jaw dopped with disbelief that anyone could be there enjoying it. Even if I was high as a kite I still think I would have ran away desparately from the sound ;)

Yeah, genuinely sounded like a man building a shed to me too, but that's the point, there's things going on in music that people fucking love and I don't get. And I dont mean tedious fucking rock shit like Metallica & Fleetwood Mac. There's thrilling exciting noise being made and I'm not the target audience. Long may it continue!

Worth a million predictable safe cover of mojo bookings. It inspires me with delight that the field for skrillex was full, and not all young people are listening to either their parents/grandparents record collections or Jake fucking Bugg

Worth a million predictable safe cover of mojo bookings. It inspires me with delight that the field for skrillex was full, and not all young people are listening to either their parents/grandparents record collections or Jake fucking Bugg

But Skrillex? Nah, he is just shite.

Im 30, that probably makes me too old for that crap. The kids should have gone to see Loco Dice and Ben Klock in the Silver Hayes. I got a good spot for Ben Klock after Arcade Fire. Damn fine fair it was too. It got very busy, but then people filtered out

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

. The kids should have gone to see Loco Dice and Ben Klock in the Silver Hayes. I got a good spot for Ben Klock after Arcade Fire. Damn fine fair it was too. It got very busy, but then people filtered out

Did this too, can confirm. Mssrs Klock and Dettmann - most excellent.

His set on the Other was the most amazing jaw dropping what the fuck moment I've ever experienced at Glastonbury. Made me feel like an old, out of touch man who had no idea what the hell was going on with the youth of today. Wonderful and a memory i shall treasure forever. A field full of people going mental to something I just couldn't understand. Man, that's beautiful. Must have been how the old guard felt seeing Orbital in 1994.

I felt similar during Major Lazer this year at Bestival :( I'm only 25 ffs!

However much like when I see the crowds for Skrillex and get confused... unlike you, I go the correct way about it and start moaning about how shite it is and that the yoof don't know what decent music is :P

Saw him in a group of mixed ages with me the oldest (in my 50s) and thought at the time it was good, then listened to it on soundcloud when I got home - and the more times I heard it the better it got, I think it was so ecclectic and hade so many WTF moments that it was an assault on the senses at the time. I only wish I could have listened to it first, then experienced it live once I understood what to expect. :music:

How can being 36 make you too old to like a certain type of music? Maybe if it was the Tweenies but do you have to be early 20's to enjoy Skrillex? I'm 33, not his biggest fan but he absolutely caned it at Glastonbury. One of the best shows I've ever seen and would happily pay to see him again.

How can being 36 make you too old to like a certain type of music? Maybe if it was the Tweenies but do you have to be early 20's to enjoy Skrillex? I'm 33, not his biggest fan but he absolutely caned it at Glastonbury. One of the best shows I've ever seen and would happily pay to see him again.

I'm joking. I was planning to see him, but something else clashed. It's just the stereotype of some music being beyond older people, like techno was in the 90s and rock'n'roll in the 50s.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally it's one of the most awful things I've ever heard at Glastonbury. I just don't get it - sounded a complete mess and I like dance music. My jaw dopped with disbelief that anyone could be there enjoying it. Even if I was high as a kite I still think I would have ran away desparately from the sound ;)

The first half hour that we saw was pretty intense and i enjoyed it,