Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it has, why do you think the big teams supported it?

Fair enough, point taken. But don't then start moaning then when 2nd tier clubs are looking to enter B teams in the lower leagues to gain any kind of foothold/advantage.

Fair enough, point taken. But don't then start moaning then when 2nd tier clubs are looking to enter B teams in the lower leagues to gain any kind of foothold/advantage.

Why not moan? Im against financial fair play and Im against B teams in lower leagues, I dont see any inconsistency in that argument. Not supporting a big team, i couldnt care less whats in their best interest.

Why not moan? Im against financial fair play and Im against B teams in lower leagues, I dont see any inconsistency in that argument. Not supporting a big team, i couldnt care less whats in their best interest.

That glib attitude will get you zero sympathy when the Spanish model of B teams is applied in England.

I support a big-ish team but also agree, nothing wrong with being against both of those. Just because the tier two teams are being shat on by those above doesn't mean they should be able to shit on those below them.

I support a big-ish team but also agree, nothing wrong with being against both of those. Just because the tier two teams are being shat on by those above doesn't mean they should be able to shit on those below them.

Same. That said I'd argue that FFP screws over the teams that are big but trying to break into Europe more than it does anyone else. It's not fair on the smaller clubs but 10 years ago Newcastle and Everton both had real chances, now while we get close the gap has widened hugely.

If you want to remove competitiveness from the league why bother?

The only way Newcastle or everton could win the premiership would be to have an Abramovic type take them over and spend big. The idea a club like them can organically develop to title contenders is unfortunately unrealistic. In my view city and Chelsea have been good for the league by shaking things up. While people moan about the spending, the league wasn't that great when arsenal and man u were finishing top 2 every season.

If the rumours are right Remy in for £8m and Borini out for £14m looks like great business for Liverpool.

It's not that simple as I imagine Remy will be paid considerably more than they are paying borini. Remy decent signing for me, still not convinced him and Lambert are at the level Liverpool need to be signing to continue a progression.

If you believe that the current FFP regulations increase/allow competitiveness then that's clearly why we disagree.

The current system is a -farce- but I totally agree with the 'concept' of FFP... naive as that may sound. Accepting the status quo is bullshit.