T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined just to ask your opinion on Beyonce's late add in 2011 (which someone already mentioned). I'm curious why they did that and if it could happen again.

Coldplay and Beyonce seem like they would appeal to different audiences. Was that the reason behind the add? Did they just have extra money lying around? Were there complaints about the lineup? Someone mentioned that this year the anticipated co-headliner may have cancelled. Could someone have cancelled behind the scenes in 2011 as well?

It just seems strange to me because tickets were obviously sold out months earlier so why did they bother?

Edited by stu150

Can anyone think of any potential co-headliners who wouldn't be announced for this reason? If that's not the case, and someone did back out, would they still try to fill the spot or just leave it as is with Calvin and Paolo?

Originally they said two co-headliners would both need darkness. Paolo isn't billed as a co-headliner on the poster in Calvin's tweet or on the T website and they said he'd be playing in the sun.

Does anyone know if you can pick up day tickets in the pre-sale tomorrow ? If not can you get day tickets this Friday or do they put them up nearer the time. Bought a day ticket last year but canny remember when !

The line up so far is probably better than I was expecting......which isn`t saying much. I`ve said before that Biffy deserve their chance although I think their more recent stuff is dung. The kids will buy tickets for Calvin Harris and their is enough to keep me interested further down the poster. Good to see James on it.

A mainstream esque headliner that I reckon will flow pretty well.

I reckon if they got a dance act underneath it would seem a bit odd. Also Biffy are new headliners to the festival circuit, and yet they've managed to get someone Big but not too big that it makes Biffy look weak.

Calvin/Paolo are your co-headliners/sub headliner or whatever you want to class it as.. that is the last 2 acts playing on the Main Stage on the Saturday night!

The amount of people who are taking what they said about 2 acts that are booked needing darkness as gospel is ridiculous.

The statement was -

"This change does not alter the overall operational times of the event as a whole with the campsite entertainment times remaining the same by concluding at 2am. We have the opportunity to bring two international headliner artists to the T in the Park line-up in a co-headliner format."

He continued: "To achieve this both acts would need to perform in darkness which is why we have requested this extension of the operating times. In 2013 we were a few thousand short of selling out and bringing these two acts to the line-up we will significantly increase the demand for tickets and hopefully get back to full capacity."

Aye cause Paolo Nutini's lightshow is a spectacle which can only be fully experienced in darkness. There was literally no point in them saying about the whole darkness thing. It's definitely because they had someone booked (probably Eminem) and it fell through for some reason. I hope to god they announce some sort of worthwhile replacement in the next announcement (The Prodigy) and make Paolo the sub or that's just a sad lineup for the saturday.