Your journey

Guest Sketchead

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoying reading these travel plans, some are epic! :)

Sadly nothing quite so adventurous (and at the risk of now sounding smug), leave home at 7am, dropped off at site between 7.15-7.20 ish, although it's a nice pleasant drive through the lanes.

Hope all have a good and safe journey.

Weather looking lovely down here in Somerset btw, ground is nice and dry too.

Edited by geoffboycott

Struggling on the train about 7pm tonight from London to Newbury with everything except tent and sleeping bags which are already at my parents, then being picked up 5.30/6am by a friend tomorrow morning. It's the journey tonight I'm dreading, tomorrow will be a breeze in comparison

Finish work at 5pm. Go home and eat and have my last proper shower for a few days. Go to sleep. Wake up about 11pm. Meet mates at midnight at the meeting spot; then drive down in convoy (from Leicestershire) and aim to hit Glasto about 2:30-3:00am I guess.

Then I think we're queuing over night ready to get a decent camping spot. So 24 hours from now, I imagine (and hope) I'll have my tent all set up!

My coach leaves Sound in Liverpool at 1am, I would be happy if we were onsite for 6/7. Can't wait but mildly dreading coach sleep, of those also arriving at silly o'clock (or queuing all night) do you set up and kip for a few hours Wed am?

As much as I don't mind hitting the beers early every other day, I just can't bring myself to do Wed am boozing. Also having never arrived before 12/1 I can't imagine the site being that lively any earlier.

Flight from Belfast - Birmingham this evening, train to Bristol should get me in approx 10.30pm. Try not to go on the rip tonight. Up and off tomorrow morning some time early (not stupid ''clock) and start drinking tinnies in the passenger seat.

En route from Glasgow now - just stopped off at Southwaite services for a cigarette and an espresso macchiato. Driving solo this year as it's my stepdaughter's graduation ceremony tomorrow, so the Missus will be flying down to Bristol on Thursday morning. By which time, hopefully, I will have negotiated the rest of the M6, M5, A361, the queue to Gate D and I'll have the tent pitched in the Diary Field, ready to greet her with a cheeky G&T.

Little way to go 'til then though. Safe journey one and all.

On Monday got on the plane at 5pm, arrived in Zurich the following morning. Managed to get absolutely shitfaced at the airport and got on the plane at noon. Arrived Heathrow around 1pm, got in the car and drove to Shelton Mallet. Was shocked to find out that IPA here is way weaker than in US (averages at 7%). Trying to get drunk.

On Monday got on the plane at 5pm, arrived in Zurich the following morning. Managed to get absolutely shitfaced at the airport and got on the plane at noon. Arrived Heathrow around 1pm, got in the car and drove to Shelton Mallet. Was shocked to find out that IPA here is way weaker than in US (averages at 7%). Trying to get drunk.