Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I can't decide if this gap is a stroke of genius or idiocy. My worry is that people bugger off after the scream, then all pile into the field 20 minutes before the stones start.

yeah that could very well happen. obviously some people will stick around in the hope of getting closer etc but i imagine a LOT of people will leave and then all come back at once in the final half an hour. it'll be absolute mayhem

I think what they are thinking is that the gap is so big that people will decide for themselves when to come - there won't be a 10 minute period where everyone pushes to the front.

If the gap was the usual 45 minutes everyone would charge forward at the same time just after Primal Scream finished. Anyone who wanted to be at the front for Primal Scream would really struggle to get out, etc.

Also they might be thinking about issues like toilets. If everyone watching the Rolling Stones also watched Primal Scream, then the queues for the toilets in the Pyramid field might get out of control.

I don't think it's genius, but I certainly don't think it's idiocy.

do you know what? I might just go for a wee break and get something to eat then go back to the crowd.

By then I probably won't want to be anywhere else.

also an option! gonna boil down to what i'm feeling at the time, i suppose. tbh getting out of the crowd for a piss and a pint will probably take up a good portion of that hour and a half what with a lot of the crowd no doubt thinking the same thing so the time will fly by

I aint missing Primal Scream. Just going to chill with my mates, chat and get drunk. Its not the best way to spend 90 minutes, but its not the worst. It sure as hell beats trying to get out of the pyramid field to catch something only to have to leave 10 minutes later to get back in again.

Although the whole idea that the Scream are the stones "warm up" act is nullified by this exceedingly long wait. The 90 minutes is the Stones Buzzkill act

80-odd already in the queue at Hampden Park.

Did you get in the pit on Saturday Tone? I'd say you were cutting it fine-ish turning up at midday.

Bruce gigs outside the pit aren't for me - too many daytrippers and pissheads. I'll be in the queue as early as poss. for my 4 shows in July. Kilkenny might be a 9am start each day.

I don't doubt - but given my pal just told me he's not coming I'm not going to have anyone to even hold a space for me in the queue.

Factor in that you can't drink in the street in Glasgow and it's going to be a very long day and a very sober gig.

Wine in a Volvic bottle.

Anyone asks "It's Blackcurrant."

I was thinking the same, I spent all day Saturday at Wembley. Well, got there at midday... so that's a 7 hour wait for him to come on stage. With friends, meeting new ones... etc etc.. I can think of plenty of worse ways to while away an afternoon

Going to Coventry on Thursday. Seeing Springsteen is like a military operation. I only drink alchol between the roll calls. Once I have the wristband nothing passes my lips - nothing worse than him pulling out a rarity when you're expecting The Promised Land.

Wine in a Volvic bottle.

Anyone asks "It's Blackcurrant."

You can camouflage whisky pretty well by 'storing' it in a 750 ml Irn Bru bottle.

If I thought I could get away with turning up at about 2pm - giving me time to check into my hotel and grab some lunch and a couple of pints - I'd probably risk it.

It will defintely mean primal scream get a much small crowd than they otherwise would have I reckon

Could go the other way. People have time to watch the Scream, go away and watch someone else while still having time for most of the Stones.

Given the 10 hour shift I'll likely be putting in tomorrow ahead of seeing Springsteen at Hampden, a 90 minute wait for the Glimmer Twins would be a walk in the park.

You doing the pit queue?*

*I don't really know what that means, I just see it mentioned a lot on BTX

Edit: In answer to megabowl

Humming and hawing, but probably aye.

Though at present going for a massive curry and a few jars in the Church On The Hill and seeing what happens rocking up an hour or so beforehand doesn't sound like too shabby a plan. It's a Tuesday after all, and I reckon 95% of people will arrive after they finish work for the day.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

Man, that 90-minute gap has fecked me up slightly.

Was gonna go Costello - PS - Stones, never seen any of them live and want to, easy decision. Friend going likes Ben Howard, so tempted to get to the field even for that, albeit sitting down, chilled out further back or whatever.

But this means that I'd be in the Pyramid field for six hours, and I wanna explore a little bit this year. Maybe, bearing in mind I'm not that bothered about much on the Friday/Sunday, it is a possibility. Lot of time wasted at Glastonbury though...

Any headz on here doing Belfast - I'm deffo drinkin' in the queue. And throughout the gig.

My bladder is synchronised with "Sunny Day".

But that's got to be at least two hours + into the set. I admire your self control my bladder certainly couldn't last that long if I've consumed any pints of liquid refreshment.

80-odd already in the queue at Hampden Park.

Did you get in the pit on Saturday Tone? I'd say you were cutting it fine-ish turning up at midday.

Bruce gigs outside the pit aren't for me - too many daytrippers and pissheads. I'll be in the queue as early as poss. for my 4 shows in July. Kilkenny might be a 9am start each day.

Werent they turning up from Wednesday for the pit? Much as I love me Bruce gigs - whos got the time to spend days backwards and forwards from Wembley every day? Going to be non-pit tomorrow and for Coventry on Thursday unfortunately for us.