WWE

lharris92

some are saying that they could potentially be put straight into the main roster when they sign up, with potentially a handful of nxt matches.

as you say, this is the wwe we are talking about and can easily muck anything up...

heath slater got his contracted one win a year already then.... :P

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

AJ has left NJPW and ROH, so he's either going WWE or back to TNA which he said he was open to once he left NJPW and ROH.

When AJ left TNA I thought it was such bad timing, he had currently done this gimmick change and it was really interesting where he was gunna go from there on in. So if he was to come back to TNA I'd be really happy with that, there's a lot of guys there who are new for him to work with like EC3 especially and I'd like to see him face Tyrus actually who seems he's gunna get a big push, plus I don't recall him having a fued with Roode or EY and theres Lashley also. So plenty for him to do if he comes back and would be main event level straight away.

If he goes WWE, I worry for him, Ziggler gets treated like shit who's as athletic as him, the WWE fanbase won't know him [the majority of them] Vince will see him as TNA's darling and probably get as buried as Sting did in WWE. Seriously, Sting's WWE run was fucking awful. Im sure we would have some great matches here and there but he would be in midcard and not get a great time length sadly. Im on the fence, selfishly for me, Id rather he went back to TNA, they need him more, he would improve their show tenfold, they should have never let him go.

Now onto Nakamura, wow, I LOVE this guy, he's so intense, his talent is there to see, but will he fit into WWE's style? They better let him be how he is now, he's the kinda guy who would I want to see, him, Lesnar, Rollins, Cesaro, Ziggler, Ambrose, Owens. Thats a bunch of guys there who can have an awesome match every night. But WWE loves to push generic shit down your throat. Lets see what happens with this, Id love to see him tear up the WWE roster.

WWE is the only current wrestling I watch, so I'm not sure if I have seen any of these rumoured people before.  When I look at the current WWE roster I think they are pretty stacked in the upper mid card, so if people are being brought in straight to the main roster I think they need to be potential superstar quality.  If they are just being brought in to pad out the roster then they may as well use NXT for that.

I don't agree that Ziggler is treated like shit, I think intercontinental level is about where he should be.  For all his talent he doesn't have X factor to me.  He is pretty average on the microphone and I think lacks a bit of intensity.  For all the comparisons to HBK he isn't close in any way

Its great that WWE has a group of guys who can put on great matches, but in my view WWE should never be the "workrate" company.  To me its been at its best when it gets that balance between working and entertaining right, it should be the company where a giant with 5 moves can flourish as much as technical superstar.  I think Lesnar is almost the complete package, I think all the other people you mention have significant flaws which hold them back.

2 hours ago, lharris92 said:

heath slater got his contracted one win a year already then.... :P

I think Slater has the potential to move slightly up the card, I was impressed with an interview Cole did with him on the network.  I wonder how the 2016 version of JOB squad will get one.  I see little potential in Rose or Axel, but I think Slater and Dallas could have some potential.

I'm looking forward to the return of TNA. I stopped watching when the world series tournament started as in reality,it was just average matches put together with no purpose apart from they had to fill tv and there was no storyline advancement or feuds apart from the tournament they aired. I've never been big on Mike Bennett in ROH but maybe he will win me over with a singles run, The Kingdom done nothing for me, except from Maria.

I'm not really bothered about Nakamura and AJ going to WWE as it could turn out amazing but I'm just worried they fuck them up and don't use them properly. Especially Nakamura, with him going straight to the main roster first, that could be a problem. Not many people who just follow WWE will know who he is. Need to wait and see if they change his gimmick but it won't the same without the music, best theme in the business IMO. For those who are unfamiliar with him, he is one of NJPW's big 3 stars and hugely popular because of his charisma and strong style wrestling, lots of kicks and punches. The thing is he is frequently banged up so not sure how he will manage the WWE schedule? he usually only wrestles about 15-20 singles matches a year. Mainly competes in the multi man tag matches and only goes all out on the big shows. Also would WWE allow AJ to use the styles clash after the amount of people who have been injured because of it over the last few years?

Nakamura and AJ had a match at Wrestle Kingdom yesterday (NJPW's Wrestlemania) and it was great, first time they had ever faced each other in a one on one match. link here for the match with english commentary - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3krl9a_shinsuke-nakamura-vs-aj-styles-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-10_sport

If anyone wants me to link anymore AJ or Nakamura matches then let me know, they are a lot of great matches. two of the best wrestlers in the world.

To answer Luckysalt from earlier, I've not been in here much as since Mania and getting into UFC I've lost a lot of love for wrestling I'm afraid.

Its approaching Mania season though so I'm planning on watching the Rumble and if I enjoy it it may go some way to renewing my love.

So what's the crack with the Rumble this year?I've seen a few articles saying the title is gunna be the prize for winning,is this true?If so, how's the Mania opponent gunna be decided or is that the ploy to make the PPV in between meaningful?

On 5 January 2016 at 9:22 AM, When Jokers Attack said:

I may be in the minority, but I am very disappointed to see cena out. To me the us open challenge was one of the highlights of the year and he consistently had matches as good as anyone on the roster. I also respected how he wrestled some people that the mega stars of the past would have felt below their level. 

The big 3 left appear to be reigns, Lesnar and undertaker. Could they go triple threat title match? I can't see anyone else realistic for any of those 3 to go against

Edited by pink_triangle

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The I may be in the minority, but I am very disappointed to see cena out. To me the us open challenge was one of the highlights of the year and he consistently had matches as good as anyone on the roster. I also respected how he wrestled some people that the mega stars of the past would have felt below their level. 

The big 3 left appear to be reigns, Lesnar and undertaker. Could they go triple threat title match? I can't see anyone else realistic for any of those 3 to go against

The talk is Lesnar v Owens, Reigns v Trips and it was Taker v Cena.

36 minutes ago, jump said:

The talk is Lesnar v Owens, Reigns v Trips and it was Taker v Cena.

I just cant believe Vince would put his prize fighter against Kevin Owens, I think he would feel Owens is not at this level and I'm not sure the fans would buy it as a realistic fight.  The trouble is that Brock has been built up so strong, its hard to see who is a realistic opponent.

Just watching old Raws and can anyone with the WWE network whos an old school fan help?

Raw episode 322, July 26th 1999, 39 mins and 58 seconds in, a 'fan' attacks Godfather in the crowd, he's a white guy in a white suit and white dredds, I can't tell if this is a fan or a wannabe wrestler making a name for himself or what, it seemed kinda legit how security get him but Godfather just lets him beat him up which seemed strange, first he throws a drink in his face.

Anyone know anything about this? Or can take a look and see if you recognise them? I just dont remember it happening and it seems strange. I googled it but nothing.

10 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Just watching old Raws and can anyone with the WWE network whos an old school fan help?

Raw episode 322, July 26th 1999, 39 mins and 58 seconds in, a 'fan' attacks Godfather in the crowd, he's a white guy in a white suit and white dredds, I can't tell if this is a fan or a wannabe wrestler making a name for himself or what, it seemed kinda legit how security get him but Godfather just lets him beat him up which seemed strange, first he throws a drink in his face.

Anyone know anything about this? Or can take a look and see if you recognise them? I just dont remember it happening and it seems strange. I googled it but nothing.

You didn't google well enough!

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/joewwf1/news/news10.html

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I just cant believe Vince would put his prize fighter against Kevin Owens, I think he would feel Owens is not at this level and I'm not sure the fans would buy it as a realistic fight.  The trouble is that Brock has been built up so strong, its hard to see who is a realistic opponent.

The only big name on the roster he could rastle' would be Orton and possibly Sting however both are injured. Maybe Jericho too but he'd be better off working with a new guy unless he's built strong from now til 'mania. Lensar vs Owens sounds like a great match to me though and would make for a good physical match which is what you want from Lensar.

Speaking of Lesnar, they've started wasting his dates on house shows that aren't even on the telly or network now as the live shows are selling poorly which even Lesnar hasn't boosted.

1 minute ago, jump said:

The only big name on the roster he could rastle' would be Orton and possibly Sting however both are injured. Maybe Jericho too but he'd be better off working with a new guy unless he's built strong from now til 'mania. Lensar vs Owens sounds like a great match to me though and would make for a good physical match which is what you want from Lensar.

Speaking of Lesnar, they've started wasting his dates on house shows that aren't even on the telly or network now as the live shows are selling poorly which even Lesnar hasn't boosted.

Im sure they could have a good match, but hte trouble is Owens hasnt been built up to that level and there probably isnt time to build him up before March.  We have been shown that Cena and Rollins are not in the same league as Brock, its hard to buy Owens as a realistic contender to me.  When you have limited dates, I dont think you use Brock against someone who is a mid carder.

WWE have only really booked Reign and Undertaker as realistic threats to Brock in the last 18 months.  Its a difficult one as there heel roster is about as weak as I can remember.  I thought Orton as a safe pair of hands, but who knows if he will be fit.  I guess Sheamus is probably the top of a medicore bunch at present and like Owens could have a good physical match, but has a bit more pedigree than Owens

The reality of the situation is (and admittedly, actual reality differs from WWE reality) is that they now have no choice but to push AJ and Nakamura properly.

Cena- pushing forty and out for nine months

Orton- mid 30's and becoming ever fragile

Reigns- self evidently not a legit top megastar (although I suppose he might be, I just don't see it).
Brock- legit star but part time.

Who else have you got? With the *possible* exception of Rollins, and *MAYBE* Owens and Ambrose, everyone else is damanged and mired in the mid card ending up in shit feuds with Big Show, Kane, or the ever repeating Wyatt Family feud. And Rollins only gets a pass because of his phenomenal matches, not the way he's booked.

Most people who they bring up from NXT actually end up going nowhere (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Rusev now, The Ascension, Tyler Breeze, the Wyatts except Bray) so after raiding the number 2 promotion in the world of a load of top talent.... where else is there to go?

You've brought all the 'legends' back
You've basically made ROH a feeder promotion
You've made your own feeder promotion
You've eliminated your main 'opposition' for all intents and purposes

This is it. There is nowhere else to go now.

Yeah but Liam, John Cena is only a month and a half older than AJ, not like he's a spring chicken. When I saw him last year he was half the wrestler he was even 5 years ago. Age has defo taken it's tole, thing is AJ has hardly ever suffered from injuries I don't think, watch him come in and get a big push and get injured! Would be typical.

Your other points though, Ive seen comments on newsites loving WWE doing this saying yay, killing off TNA and ROH and taking up NJPW talents, and making your own NXT bigger than anything else, WWE owns the wrestling world etc.

What real wrestling fan would want that? A world which only has WWE. That would be horrible, I want other promotions to have a tv product, offer something different to WWE, thats what made TNA so good up to 2009, it was an ALTERNATIVE. WWE didn't showcase cruiserweights or tag division, TNA built their company around them both, but then Hogan came in and made it a shit copy of old WWF and ruined it nearly for good. Makes me laugh as well [going off subject here a little] Hogan on twitter, praising AJ, best in the world [so why try and change him and take the title off him and bury him Hogan?] says WWE only need Aires and Abyss and they would be set, Aires a guy you never pushed until it was too late, and Abyss he says bring him in and let him be himself don't change him, YOU and Bischoff made him Hogan clone! and then did Joseph Parks! completely killing his character. Guys a complete DICK.

Anyway back to subject, there will always be great wrestling promotions you can go and see locally, offering something else, but many few go see that, a wrestling fan should always want different companies not just WWE. I cant believe some people want all the competition killed off, for one think of all the wrestlers WWE dont employee.

Its beginning to kinda get a bit like in the 80's where WWF took all the stars from all the territories and mid carded most of them, for life. I hope these new signings get showcased right. They deserve it. But wrestling fans deserve multiple promotions with TV time who can showcase great talent too, not just WWE stockpiling everyone.