WWE

lharris92

Fuck sake TNA!

Matt Hardy beat EC3 at the tapings for the title, EC3 just won the title on the last episode of impact. So Hardy won at Bound For Glory then gets stripped the next night and they create a world series tournament that lasted a couple of months, with the winner being EC3 on impact, only to lose the title in his first defense to the guy who had the belt before the tournament anyway, what a joke.

Excellent that a genuine legend of the business is going into the HOF, but also sad as it does seem to indicate that his career is over. 

I'm not fussed that he never got a big win in WWE, the biggest thing that will always disappoint me with his run is that they didn't use the god damn Crow Theme! 

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:34 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

His last match could always be at mania, at this rate with injuries they could do with him.

You make it sound like Sting isn't injured himself, it's been less than a month since his surgery and he's not a young man so I'm not sure he can bounce back easily.

• 2 weeks later...

This AJ signing has been the craziest thing for years in terms of two companies battling over a talent, been a LONG time since this has happened where a wanted talent was decided between the two, usually its they aren't wanted by WWE so they go ROH, TNA, NJPW or wherever but seems like EVERY company going wanted AJ Styles. I wonder how much money WWE have actually threw his way as TNA were offering him Angle's money [since the money is free as hes leaving] and a 4 year deal, I think with the noise that has been made about all this and seemingly money involved they need to whack AJ straight on main roster, capitalise on this. 

Its a shame that TNA are actually trying to improve and secure talents on long term contracts and do things right and improve the show and the deals for talents yet people still like to laugh at them and take the piss. A better TNA, leads to everyone getting the rewards, the viewer gets a better show, the talent get better paid, the company then can continue to exist and hopefully get back to the right track they were heading towards before Hogan came in. 

I still think TNA needs a lot of work, they need to improve the knockouts, its horrid, tag divison is just Wolves and now The Decay [Abyss and Crazy Steve] work on those two divisions and improve the X division and theres a chance we could get back to the good times of TNA. they need better in ring performers throughout the roster though. Characters isn't enough, NXT is proving this, the viewers want in ring skills, TNA used to rule this over WWE in the mid 2000's, not now though. They can't beat them at production, characters, market reach etc, but they used to deliver a better in ring product, they are MILES behind NXT now though, and WWE's main roster is getting better.

BTW, I rewatched last years Mania last night, was a really good show and that Lesnar v Reigns match was a great main event looking back. hypes me for Rumble tomorrow.

I would hold AJ off until Raw though. Cus he aint winning the title in the rumble now is he? That would really be something!

People will always hate on TNA without even watching it or giving it a chance. 

Austin Aries has signed to NXT, that is a huge signing. TNA fucked him up. he will be amazing in NXT.

I think this the least excited I have been for the Rumble, Can't see anything else other than Triple H winning. Make Reigns chase him to Mania and win the title. Not sure if Styles will show up but hope he does

One last thing, watched Rev Pro High Stakes last night, Marty Scurll vs Will Ospreay was incredible. Had been reading the rave reviews for it online and was expecting it to be very good but not as good as that. They are wrestling each other again at Progress this Sunday. British wrestling is absolutely brilliant right now and has my interest far more than WWE does. Ospreay is working the TNA UK tour along with Damo and Jimmy Havoc, good to see these guys getting the exposure they deserve.

37 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

. A better TNA, leads to everyone getting the rewards, the viewer gets a better show, the talent get better paid, the company then can continue to exist and hopefully get back to the right track they were heading towards before Hogan came in. 

Really? Since when? 

When TNA has been good... Spring 2008, 2005, most of 2006, etc... the reality is that it's meant nothing. The TNA brand is now so poisoned that the only thing it's doing is actually harming wrestlers long term. I'm actually amazed that WWE signed Austin Aries, but they must really have low balled James Storm. 

Apart from a shit TV deal and good but limited international exposure, I fail to see what TNA can offer anymore. Dixie needs to call it a day. She'll go down in history as BY FAR the most inept company owner ever (Turner had his moments good and bad) but that legacy is no certain and there's nothing she can go about it anymore. 

The reality is that the only viable thing TNA ever had the potential of offering was genuinely great wrestling. But in an age when that market is saturated by ROH, NJPW, Dragon Gate and to a certain extent Lucha Underground, TNA has no room to operate in that market. It can therefore only offer to WWE Lite, but we've seen time and time again that's always going to be a monumental failure. And another reality is that in the year 2016, there's only room for one form of 'sports entertainment' because frankly... that kind of Wrestling isn't as popular as it used to be. 

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I still think TNA needs a lot of work, they need to improve the knockouts, its horrid, tag divison is just Wolves and now The Decay [Abyss and Crazy Steve] work on those two divisions and improve the X division and theres a chance we could get back to the good times of TNA. they need better in ring performers throughout the roster though. Characters isn't enough, NXT is proving this, the viewers want in ring skills, TNA used to rule this over WWE in the mid 2000's, not now though. They can't beat them at production, characters, market reach etc, but they used to deliver a better in ring product, they are MILES behind NXT now though, and WWE's main roster is getting better.

BTW, I rewatched last years Mania last night, was a really good show and that Lesnar v Reigns match was a great main event looking back. hypes me for Rumble tomorrow.

I would hold AJ off until Raw though. Cus he aint winning the title in the rumble now is he? That would really be something!

I think its oversimplistic to say viewers  want in ring skills.  I think some do, some couldn't care less and theres people like me who want a bit of both.  I think when they get the balance between workrate and entertainment like when they did in the peak of the Monday night wars the product it at its best.  I think there will always be room in the WWE for the next Kurt Angle, but the next Batista can also flourish as well.

I cant see them giving the WWE title to AJ Styles, I think there is still a decent proportion of the WWE fanbase (bigger than many would expect) who wont be familiar with his work.  I think they will have to introduce him to the WWE audience and see how he takes off.  I'm tempted to stick a few pound on Bray for the rumble, I know HHH is the bookies favourite, but if they don't go for him he seems the next likely heel and they need to build heels to face Reigns, Taker and Brock at Mania 

3 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Austin Aries has signed to NXT, that is a huge signing. TNA fucked him up. he will be amazing in NXT.

network and seeking out old school stuff as opposed to seeking out the modern product.  Interestingly I saw my first TNA match a few weeks ago when I was channel hopping.  It had Aries wrestling and I decided to watch, because he was a name I have heard discussed a lot.  I was slightly disappointed as I felt he looked very choreographed and not like he was in a real fight, similar to how I felt Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison wrestled.  However I accept I need to watch a few more before I make a judgement.  I found Samoa Joe underwhelming when he debuted on NXT, but he has really grown on me now.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

network and seeking out old school stuff as opposed to seeking out the modern product.  Interestingly I saw my first TNA match a few weeks ago when I was channel hopping.  It had Aries wrestling and I decided to watch, because he was a name I have heard discussed a lot.  I was slightly disappointed as I felt he looked very choreographed and not like he was in a real fight, similar to how I felt Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison wrestled.  However I accept I need to watch a few more before I make a judgement.  I found Samoa Joe underwhelming when he debuted on NXT, but he has really grown on me now.

His best TNA match