WWE

lharris92

^I thought the wrestlers clapping bit wasn't on Raw, only on the WWE network so it shouldn't effect the 5 year olds who think it's real. In anycase it's been pulled completely now as you as you can see in the background Titus O'Neil mucking about with Vince who then suspend him for 3 months for doing it.

17 minutes ago, jump said:

^I thought the wrestlers clapping bit wasn't on Raw, only on the WWE network so it shouldn't effect the 5 year olds who think it's real. In anycase it's been pulled completely now as you as you can see in the background Titus O'Neil mucking about with Vince who then suspend him for 3 months for doing it.

To me it has to be consistent throughout all WWE media whether on television, network all social media.  I think it must be a nightmare to be a heel in this era. The characters are not protected at all whether it be on twitter, filming them doing everyday things on the WWE network or acting like best mates with presenters on podcasts.  I dont think its just the 5 year old beleivers that need to be convinced, its the normal fan who needs to be able to buy into why they should hate or like someone. If Kevin Owens or Rusev want to respect Bryans career then Im fine with them doing it at the back with no cameras around.

Edited by pink_triangle

45 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

To me it has to be consistent throughout all WWE media whether on television, network all social media.  I think it must be a nightmare to be a heel in this era. The characters are not protected at all whether it be on twitter, filming them doing everyday things on the WWE network or acting like best mates with presenters on podcasts.  I dont think its just the 5 year old beleivers that need to be convinced, its the normal fan who needs to be able to buy into why they should hate or like someone. If Kevin Owens or Rusev want to respect Bryans career then Im fine with them doing it at the back with no cameras around.

Its more of a tribute to the person retiring, like Bryan, when the heels come out and the veil is lifted for a minute I think. Same for Edge, Flair etc.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its more of a tribute to the person retiring, like Bryan, when the heels come out and the veil is lifted for a minute I think. Same for Edge, Flair etc.

Someone like Flair I can accept as one of the greatest of all time.  Of course deaths is also a different thing completely.  I personally feel having just the babyfaces out is enough of a tribute for people the level of Edge and Bryan, but admit to being a bit stuck in the old school.

I had some time to think and analyse with the current roster how they can still put out a great WrestleMania card. I came out with this card, I don't totally agree with the main event but at this point I think it s the best scenario 

Opening Contest - Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

US title Ladder Match - Kalisto vs Alberto Del Rio vs Dolp Ziggler vs Luke Harper vs Neville vs Sheamus

Divas Title Charlotte vs Sasha Banks

IC Title match Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles

Undertaker vs Rusev

New Day segment with Stone Cold

Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt

Roman Reigns (with The Rock and Ronda) vs HHH (with Vince and Stephanie)

29 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

I had some time to think and analyse with the current roster how they can still put out a great WrestleMania card. I came out with this card, I don't totally agree with the main event but at this point I think it s the best scenario 

Opening Contest - Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

US title Ladder Match - Kalisto vs Alberto Del Rio vs Dolp Ziggler vs Luke Harper vs Neville vs Sheamus

Divas Title Charlotte vs Sasha Banks

IC Title match Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles

Undertaker vs Rusev

New Day segment with Stone Cold

Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt

Roman Reigns (with The Rock and Ronda) vs HHH (with Vince and Stephanie)

^you forgot the Andre The Giant jobber battle royale.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

There seems to be an underestimation of just how highly looked at Daniel Bryan is. Someone "the level" of Bryan is seen by that lot as the very best in the game.

I don't see that level as a criticism, edge and Jericho are 2 of my favourites off all time. However does their legacy match that of Hogan, flair, undertaker or Austin, not in my book.

So because he's not a bonafide crossover superstar, he's not deserving of it? He's one of the best in the world, respected by those more experienced and less experienced.

He's arguably the best wrestler of the 21st century and they know it. They feel he's deserving of a good send off as a result. Edge is absolutely nowhere near him. If Chris Jericho ever does pack it in while part of WWE, he'll probably get a damn good send off as well as he'd have deserved it.

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't see that level as a criticism, edge and Jericho are 2 of my favourites off all time. However does their legacy match that of Hogan, flair, undertaker or Austin, not in my book.

Bryan's gonna be a hall of famer and I reckon he has changed the way WWE do buisness too. Just look at the shorter indy wrestlers they have been hiring since he got massive and you keep downplaying the Yes Movement but it was one times that it got WWE to break though into the mainstream which so rarely happenes now.

43 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

So because he's not a bonafide crossover superstar, he's not deserving of it? He's one of the best in the world, respected by those more experienced and less experienced.

He's arguably the best wrestler of the 21st century and they know it. They feel he's deserving of a good send off as a result. Edge is absolutely nowhere near him. If Chris Jericho ever does pack it in while part of WWE, he'll probably get a damn good send off as well as he'd have deserved it.

Well I think Edge is better, but that's a matter of opinion. I certainly didn't say he was undeserving, it's just I would personally be more selective who gets that kind of response. Most of my own favourites would also miss out.

I would have had no problems with all the babyfaces coming out to cheer, but I'm still unashamedly a believer in babyfaces and heels.

41 minutes ago, jump said:

Bryan's gonna be a hall of famer and I reckon he has changed the way WWE do buisness too. Just look at the shorter indy wrestlers they have been hiring since he got massive and you keep downplaying the Yes Movement but it was one times that it got WWE to break though into the mainstream which so rarely happenes now.

However did it convince people to pay money to buy ppvs to see him win, that wouldn't have bought them anyway. I haven't seen any evidence that suggests he was a particular draw. To me he was someone loved by the core fanbase, but not someone who convinced droves of people to watch who wouldn't already. It's certainly not a criticism and most would gladly swap places. Unfortunately his run at the top was too short to make significant conclusions.

34 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Daniel Bryan also changed the game for indy guys in WWE, along with CM Punk. If Punk wasn't such a massive douche, he'd probably be thought of just as highly.

I'm all for the wwe taking the best indie talent, however as I said previously it would be a mistake to purely go after the big indie stars, I think they have pros and cons.

I think between us, aye, Edge and Bryan is definitely a discussion to be had, but it's not what I'm really driving at. Edge didn't get close to the respect on his retirement as Bryan has gotten from pretty much everyone inside and outside WWE. Because ultimately, he's not respected as much. So won't get the same level of sendoff.

The kayfabe thing is interesting, but if you're sent out there, you do what you're told. He didn't and has been suspended. It's really not that difficult.

52 minutes ago, jump said:

They've been hiring shorter wrestlers since Bret Hart. And really focusing on them since the WCW cruiserweight era. 

Bryan was a big draw of course and was really only getting going which is sad. Would've loved to see a heel turn at some point.

51 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think between us, aye, Edge and Bryan is definitely a discussion to be had, but it's not what I'm really driving at. Edge didn't get close to the respect on his retirement as Bryan has gotten from pretty much everyone inside and outside WWE. Because ultimately, he's not respected as much. So won't get the same level of sendoff.

The kayfabe thing is interesting, but if you're sent out there, you do what you're told. He didn't and has been suspended. It's really not that difficult.

I think Edge is respected by his peers every bit as much as Bryan. He may not have the "indie cool factor" that resonates with some fans, but had a great career.

Of course the heels will go out if told. My view is that they shouldn't be told to in the first place. Or if they do at least let one of them do something heelish to get some heat.