Legends of Music

swede

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I love a good music documentary. I enjoyed Ray though. But not nearly as much as the real Ray Charles on the Piano Blues documentary with Clint Eastwood.

Music doesn't really get any better. Dare anyone to try not tapping your foot to this.

One of my all time greatest musical moments was when I was on holiday in France a good few years ago with my daughters and we had a discussion about who they'd like to see that they've never seen. Charlie, my eldest who was then about seventeen and with excellent taste in music, instantly replied "Ray Charles". That morning I went down to the shop to buy bread and picked up a paper. When we looked through I saw an advert for the Cognac Blues Festival starring Ray Charles while we on holiday. It was 200 miles from where we were staying but it just had to be. So we managed to get tickets and saw him give this wonderful open air performance in a one time Roman amphitheatre. Magic!

One of my all time greatest musical moments was when I was on holiday in France a good few years ago with my daughters and we had a discussion about who they'd like to see that they've never seen. Charlie, my eldest who was then about seventeen and with excellent taste in music, instantly replied "Ray Charles". That morning I went down to the shop to buy bread and picked up a paper. When we looked through I saw an advert for the Cognac Blues Festival starring Ray Charles while we on holiday. It was 200 miles from where we were staying but it just had to be. So we managed to get tickets and saw him give this wonderful open air performance in a one time Roman amphitheatre. Magic!

Wow, thats absolute gold!

Just read this, very funny. Review of Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed in Sputnik Music -

"Shite Light/Shite Heat".

:lol:

Edited by The Nal

• 2 weeks later...

I've quoted it before, and I'll quote it again. Charles Shaar Murray's review of a Yes concert:

"No!"

that was it

CSM's makey-uppy fake "interview" with a middle-aged Hendrix in Crosstown Traffic was captivating. He was "living" in Hawaii telling CSM that he couldnt wait to record with Outcast.

The Line Up for ATP I'll be you mirror this year:

Slayer performing Reign in Blood in it's entirety (Not a fan but I'm sure others on here will be interested in this)

Mogwai (Already seen them and they blew me away, fantastic announcement)

Guided By Voices (Shitting my pants with excitement about this)

The Line Up for ATP I'll be you mirror this year:

Slayer performing Reign in Blood in it's entirety (Not a fan but I'm sure others on here will be interested in this)

Mogwai (Already seen them and they blew me away, fantastic announcement)

Guided By Voices (Shitting my pants with excitement about this)

Trying to convince a couple of mates about this ATP. Love GBV and Mogwai

The Stones releasing Some Girls Live in Texas from 1978 on November 21st. The start of their not giving a fuck attitude. I like Some Girls, they're last really good album.

TRACK LISTING:

1 Let it Rock 2 All down the Line 3 Honky Tonk Women 4 Star Star 5 When the Whip Comes Down 6 Beast of Burden 7 Miss You 8 Just My Imagination (Runningaway with Me) 9 Shattered 10 Respectable 11 Far Away Eyes 12 Love in Vain 13 Tumbling Dice 14 Happy 15 Sweet Little Sixteen 16 Brown Sugar 17 Jumpin' Jack Flash

Also Keith Richards has confirmed himself, Charlie and Ronnie are meeting up to jam this month. "Mick is welcome" according to Keef! :lol:

Well if we're going classical you've got to include Handel. The Hallelujah Chorus is probably one of the most recognised and best known pieces of classical music and peformed in all sorts of places.

I love this Flashmob in a shopping centre.

oh we getting classical!?

Chopin is a probably my favourite composer of all time. Certainly my favourite to play. Muse and the Orange adverts might have bastardised this, but its still a beautiful piece of music

Usually I think Mozart is too mambypamby for my liking, but his requiem is real hair on the back of your neck stuff (although he didn't actually write a lot of it, probably why i like it so much). If you can find a church or cathedral recital of all of it, its fully worth it. This is best known part, but the rest of it is awesome.

I used to love this... partly because of it's simplicity, only 8 (?) changes that just repeats with differing arrnagements each time

now, I'm a bit bored with it.... partly because of it's simplicity, only 8 changes that just repeats with differing arrnagements each time

that's a nicer arrangement than what I'm use to though

I havent exhausted it to that point yet but I see what you mean yeah.

You have an impressively wide range of tastes, that you are actually knowledgeable on...

I go and post one Inmates video 6 months ago and ...... :P

Im not a classical buff at all to be honest, but I like what I like. Been listening to a lot recently.

oh we getting classical!?

Yeah we're going down that route. :) Tend to find myself listening to this sort of stuff in winter or when I'm cooking and reading.

Usually I think Mozart is too mambypamby for my liking, but his requiem is real hair on the back of your neck stuff (although he didn't actually write a lot of it, probably why i like it so much). If you can find a church or cathedral recital of all of it, its fully worth it. This is best known part, but the rest of it is awesome.

Amazing stuff really when you actually really listen to it as opposed to it being used to sell you something.

Vivaldi is probably my favourite ever. Could the violins that does it for me!

Edited by The Nal