Eurovision 2024

Nikky

1 hour ago, Nuthugger said:

eurovision talk on the glastonbury forum? can a mod do something about this? i dont want to see this bollocks on here when im trying to think about the best place on earth 

Now I am thinking, what is the best place on Earth.  Obviously you mean Glastonbury but are there more. I bet tonight it is in Sweden where Eurovision is

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s one thread which in 24 hours will drop off the front page . Happy for it to stay some acts  have played Glastonbury before so does have a bit of relevance . Can choose to ignore if it’s not your thing 

yeah ill ignore this and go and have a look who the latest death is in the memoriam thread 🙄

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

El foro ya no es lo que era... - Forocoches

That made me laugh. Not gonna lie though, always partial to daft sh*t. Have at times cried with laughter watching it. All gone a bit dark this time. The ever consumate Graham has his hands full this year! 

7 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

That made me laugh. Not gonna lie though, always partial to daft sh*t. Have at times cried with laughter watching it. All gone a bit dark this time. The ever consumate Graham has his hands full this year! 

Yeah, Eurovision should be exclusively daft sh*t lol. It's what it's all about 🥂

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Ireland skipped the dress rehearsals due to an incident before 

They took issue with the Israeli commentary on their semi final. Transcript below. Not especially inflammatory really (unless I’m missing something)…however, I guess emotions are running high.

Commentator 1: Wow. What is about to happen now with Ireland?

This is the song Doomsday Blue. They [Ireland] have had a more subtle past with the likes of Johnny Logan, who you will see on stage later. But what’s going to happen this evening?

The song is Doomsday Blue by Bambie Thug, and now is the time to get your children away from the TV screens, because we are about to see the most scary song of the night. There will be a lot of spells and black magic and dark clothing, Satanic symbols, and voodoo dolls, like we are at Cats Square in Jerusalem in the mid-90s.

Commentator 2: Wow, there might be 200 people at most that get this reference

Commentator 1: Anyway, there is some controversy about the song in Ireland, too. There is a petition against Bambie Thug, which claims that they are making a mockery of Irish culture.

Commentator 2: You said ‘they’, as Bambie Thug wants to be referred to in the plural – as part of their non-binary identity.

Commentator 1: They [Bambie Thug] also like to speak negatively about Israel. But we can talk about that later. Prepare your curses.

Commentator 1: Wow, this is a very strange entrant compared to what we are used to from Ireland.

21 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

You’ll enjoy windows 95 man 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Yeah, Eurovision should be exclusively daft sh*t lol. It's what it's all about 🥂

sure...but in a way it represents the vibe globally, and currently the vibe is very dark/bad/divisive. It can't be escaped. 

Ultimately one of the contestants is engaged in a war that is killing and destroying the lives of a huge amount of innocent people, men, women and children. That is the fact of the matter, and no amount of fun, camp partying can make that go away. They should have been excluded this year.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Ultimately one of the contestants is engaged in a war that is killing and destroying the lives of a huge amount of innocent people, men, women and children. That is the fact of the matter, and no amount of fun, camp partying can make that go away. They should have been excluded this year.

I should add that it isn't one of the contestants, but the country they represent. I actually feel very sorry for the Israeli contestant.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The Ukrainian army has also been killing and destroying lives, should they also be banned from all events?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I should add that it isn't one of the contestants, but the country they represent. I actually feel very sorry for the Israeli contestant.

Nah. She's said she's going to join the IDF after Eurovision so she can get f**ked all the way off 

5 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

eurovision talk on the glastonbury forum? can a mod do something about this? i dont want to see this bollocks on here when im trying to think about the best place on earth 

You're going to get your wish my man