New pitch your own tent glampsite

StoneCircle

I wonder if Holt Farm has taken over some of the sticklinch parking field?

Sticklinch parking selling out is odd when you look back at Thursday 2023, there's plenty of space left.

image.png.659290b33c241b5a0e126add0f02b163.png

Looking at the maps it looks like Holt Farm has taken over all the sicklinch parking, which I guess is now on the other side of the lane.

image.png.f09486871a7bea694527a5cebfd5daee.pngimage.png.d3e3e65511a005d8d62e37df88617aa7.png

Edited by Long Drop
  • Upvote 1

Mulling this over. Already bought a parking pass though and will be coming in from the east, parking in Blue as usual. Seems like it would make more sense to drive around and park in one of the other car parks, save schlepping our gubbins all across the festival to Holt. 

What's your experience of parking on the west side (is it Orange/Yellow/Pink?). We'll be arriving Weds morning, leaving early Monday morn. Heard the tailbacks can be nastier on the west than the east.

On 4/26/2024 at 2:33 PM, Toilet Duck said:

Either or. Easier to walk from PGA to PGD outside the festival than through it to be honest. You can get your Holt Farm wristband first, set up, then head into the festival and collect your festival wristband then. 

Edit: no need to walk on roads, it's through the carpark from PGA to PGD, they're not that far from each other. 

image.thumb.png.b937a6a2f9b01c1ed50cf8f2593ebd10.png

Hi. Im just checking that the walk from the bus drop off through the carparks to PGD is definitely doable. No fences stopping you getting from the drop off through to the car parks and on to PGD.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Long Drop said:

I wonder if Holt Farm has taken over some of the sticklinch parking field?

Sticklinch parking selling out is odd when you look back at Thursday 2023, there's plenty of space left.

Looking at the maps it looks like Holt Farm has taken over all the sticklinch parking, which I guess is now on the other side of the lane.

image.png.f09486871a7bea694527a5cebfd5daee.pngimage.png.d3e3e65511a005d8d62e37df88617aa7.png

We will see when the new map comes out. But I would suggest the left hand holt farm pic is probably a bit of an embelishment. I dont think there is any space for SL parking on the other side of the road.

7 minutes ago, Jackal1 said:

Hi. Im just checking that the walk from the bus drop off through the carparks to PGD is definitely doable. No fences stopping you getting from the drop off through to the car parks and on to PGD.

Thanks.

Yep, the western car parks serve both pedestrian gates on that side of the festival, so can get to both from within them. I've walked from PGA to PGD previously (crowd was too big at PGA one year and we were redirected up to PGD...which was a pain in the arse as we normally camp in Lime Kiln...gave up that year and camped in Pylon!). There's signs in the car park indicating which direction each gate is, but from A to D, you just follow the fence basically. 

• Like 1

Just looking at this and the area highlighted on Holt Farm website and compared this to the satellite image.  It's massive!

image.png.d6f9723dd1a5f7af2681f9653504f08e.png

Realise a good chunk will be car parking, but that's a f**kload of 5m x 5m plots!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Just looking at this and the area highlighted on Holt Farm website and compared this to the satellite image.  It's massive!

image.png.d6f9723dd1a5f7af2681f9653504f08e.png

Realise a good chunk will be car parking, but that's a f**kload of 5m x 5m plots!

Yeah, it’s huge. Plenty of space for cars and tents. Prime land right outside PGD, seems a no-brainer that someone thought to use it for this.

8 minutes ago, dicko_belfast said:

So by the discussion it definitely seems easier to head round from coach drop off outside the gates, get sorted at campsite before heading in. Thanks for the information everyone 👍

I think it depends on when your coach drops you off, anytime before midday Weds and you'll be walking against the people queueing for gate A and have to deal with the zig-zag, probably better off making use of your easy access to gate A and walk through the site.

Weds afternoon there shouldn't be that many people queueing up.

37 minutes ago, Long Drop said:

I think it depends on when your coach drops you off, anytime before midday Weds and you'll be walking against the people queueing for gate A and have to deal with the zig-zag, probably better off making use of your easy access to gate A and walk through the site.

Weds afternoon there shouldn't be that many people queueing up.

The way out bypasses the zig-zag though (straight along the fence). If you arrive at peak time, everywhere will be busy (inside and out). However holt farm only opens at midday, so the mayhem at PGA should be done and dusted by then. 

These are basically your options. Green is along the fence and then through the car park for a bit (that's how I walked from PGA to PGD previously). Blue is in through Gate A and out of Gate D. If Gate A is still rammed at midday and the zig-zags are full both sides (coach and car parks), then going against the flow might be tricky (though I seem to remember a contra-flow for those going out), however, no easy access via Gate A in that case as you would need to join the zig-zag queues to get in anyway (personally I'd go put my tent up, have a beer and get my festival wristband later when I didn't have to queue for ages). Option in that case is the red line (head over towards the box office, hang a right after the box office (avoids the zig-zags), through hospitality car park and then along the path over to Gate D). 

image.thumb.png.7ccaf2ac3fce7739e53812fb4eb3551d.png

8 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

These are basically your options. Green is along the fence and then through the car park for a bit (that's how I walked from PGA to PGD previously). Blue is in through Gate A and out of Gate D. If Gate A is still rammed at midday and the zig-zags are full both sides (coach and car parks), then going against the flow might be tricky (though I seem to remember a contra-flow for those going out), however, no easy access via Gate A in that case as you would need to join the zig-zag queues to get in anyway (personally I'd go put my tent up, have a beer and get my festival wristband later when I didn't have to queue for ages). Option in that case is the red line (head over towards the box office, hang a right after the box office (avoids the zig-zags), through hospitality car park and then along the path over to Gate D). 

image.thumb.png.7ccaf2ac3fce7739e53812fb4eb3551d.png

That's brilliant!! Thank you for this, really helpful 👍👍

My mate has also booked us into this. What do people actually think the walk time will be to the main stages? I'm having flashbacks to my last time on the farm when the already quite considerable hike back to the Oxfam camping was exacerbated by inebriated meandering. I might need to get my fitness up in the next few weeks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Led festivals said:

My mate has also booked us into this. What do people actually think the walk time will be to the main stages? I'm having flashbacks to my last time on the farm when the already quite considerable hike back to the Oxfam camping was exacerbated by inebriated meandering. I might need to get my fitness up in the next few weeks!

They advertise it as being a flat 15/20 minute walk to the Pyramid stage I believe. They’ve told me they are located 30 metres from Gate D. If you Google maps the location for Holt Farm and then compare it you should be able to figure out the distance. I checked from Holt Farm to the Park Stage and it worked out about 1.3km so about 15 mins walking time which isn’t bad! 

Finally made our booking last night. Have to admit so far I’ve been really impressed with their customer service and attention to detail in the booking confirmation email. I have a feeling it’s going to be a really good experience with them! 

I'm half tempted to cancel WV and book this instead as my tent is way better than those 2 man scout sweat boxes. Problem is my other half isn't coming til Friday so the convenience of having a tent ready on arrival is difficult to pass on as erecting a tent without help is a ball ache.

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Finally made our booking last night. Have to admit so far I’ve been really impressed with their customer service and attention to detail in the booking confirmation email. I have a feeling it’s going to be a really good experience with them! 

Me too! I’ve not even experienced it yet but I’m already panicking that I will love it so much and then not be able to get a pitch next year 😂😂😂 Or it will double in price! Definitely think we have got ourselves a bit of a bargain if you compare it WV & SL

7 minutes ago, emmaroid said:

Me too! I’ve not even experienced it yet but I’m already panicking that I will love it so much and then not be able to get a pitch next year 😂😂😂 Or it will double in price! Definitely think we have got ourselves a bit of a bargain if you compare it WV & SL

Yeah, they have plenty of room to manoeuvre on the price. LF charge £250+ per person for pyo, so this is definitely a steal for this year. It’s at the sweet spot for me, unless it’s substantially better than general camping, if it doubled in price I’d likely be back in Lime Kiln in future (ticket permitting obviously!)…

17 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yeah, they have plenty of room to manoeuvre on the price. LF charge £250+ per person for pyo, so this is definitely a steal for this year. It’s at the sweet spot for me, unless it’s substantially better than general camping, if it doubled in price I’d likely be back in Lime Kiln in future (ticket permitting obviously!)…

Same. We only decided to give WV or SL a go this year as our original group of 12 became just 2 for the resale and it’s hard to manufacture space with just 1 tent. Holt Farm is definitely adding to my excitement for this year but if there was a big group of us again we’d probably just go back to our usual spot. It will definitely never be as cheap again.

2 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I wonder what the number of campers in this place is and if the festival are increasing the capacity through ped gate D to match it.

Holt Farm doesn't open till 12pm on the Wednesday so by that time the queue at Gate D will have gone. For the rest of the festival I dont think there is a lot of traffic through Gate D compared to Gate C so should be fine.