Franky

Well that maybe but I bet he throws a hell of a pool party.ย 
ย 

Plenty Bangers!!!ย 
ย 

Looking forward to that oneย 

๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ

Edited by Franky

His album is great and really looking forward to catching his set. I feel like it will be a bit early for him to be honest but quite happy he won't clash with some of the acts on later on so on balance it works for me. I hope the park isn't too packed so can have a little dance.ย 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

Got to agree this is going to be a rammed set. Every single one of our group is wanting to see this, and you cant hearย  a thing if youre too far back ๐Ÿ˜ž

Or stood remotely near Stonebridge bar, the sound bleed is unbearable. Really annoying when The Park is busy.

We might give it a miss, not the best sound, poor view in places, rammed, loads of punters chatting all the way through... and 2pm is a bit early for me...

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Has anyone seen his live set up, as opposed to DJ set?

If so, whatโ€™s it like?ย 

was good fun at the roundhouse the other day

he hasn't got that big of a discography though - so obviously the bangers are good but theres a lot of weaker songs to pad out the set

absolutely nothing revolutionary technical wise - very bog standard

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Has anyone seen his live set up, as opposed to DJ set?

If so, whatโ€™s it like?ย 

I was a bit underwhelmed by his Roundhouse gig I must admit. The best I could describe it was that I enjoyed it as much as I enjoy just listening to his tunes on my headphones. He never seemed to get the crowd really going, and seemed to spend half the time just dancing around whilst his tunes were playing. Obviously a festival vibe will add massively to the experience - but comparatively to seeing the likes of Fred Again at Ally Pally last year - it was night and day for me. I absolutely love Barry Can't Swim, but because I saw him at the Roundhouse, and adding to that it's going to be incredibly busy by the sounds of it I'm probably going to give this set a miss.ย 

5 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

His album is great and really looking forward to catching his set. I feel like it will be a bit early for him to be honest but quite happy he won't clash with some of the acts on later on so on balance it works for me. I hope the park isn't too packed so can have a little dance.ย 

What album mate? I can only find an EP with 4 tracks on it ?

1 hour ago, Ell99 said:

I was a bit underwhelmed by his Roundhouse gig I must admit. The best I could describe it was that I enjoyed it as much as I enjoy just listening to his tunes on my headphones. He never seemed to get the crowd really going, and seemed to spend half the time just dancing around whilst his tunes were playing. Obviously a festival vibe will add massively to the experience - but comparatively to seeing the likes of Fred Again at Ally Pally last year - it was night and day for me. I absolutely love Barry Can't Swim, but because I saw him at the Roundhouse, and adding to that it's going to be incredibly busy by the sounds of it I'm probably going to give this set a miss.ย 

Those were my feelings too.. we had a really good time, a good dance, the crowd were up for it etc. but it seemed to lack a bit of oomph - hard to put the finger on why.ย 

I think in a daytime setting (with the sun out!) it could be glorious but the crowd will be insane. I wonder if they will change it to somewhere like the other, especially if he has a couple of big singles out by then.

interesting that he is a bit underpowered live. I agree that he hasn't got that much music for a full set so it isn't going to be wall to wall bangers.ย  Probably unfair to compare to Fred Again because he had 3 albums of material + some big singles when he was playing Glasto last year.ย  ย He probably benefitted from covid in that regard.

7 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

interesting that he is a bit underpowered live. I agree that he hasn't got that much music for a full set so it isn't going to be wall to wall bangers.ย  Probably unfair to compare to Fred Again because he had 3 albums of material + some big singles when he was playing Glasto last year.ย  ย He probably benefitted from covid in that regard.

The fred again comparison is entirely fair in that his music is basically the closest possible thing you can get to fred's and there is huge crowd overlap as a result

will be fun for those nearby and rammed and crap for everyone further back i think

Not seen him live, so can't comment on that, but it's a very very good record.

Shame he's on so early, cos the album is redolent of evening woodsmoke and campfires, passing around a smoke, with big skies above and a string of bulbs over the way. The tunes drifting across the space from something in the next field. It's ...expansive.

ย 

1227246814_Screenshot2024-03-19at19_15_30.thumb.png.1e0537df3a40a98688dfda5d1b4dac18.png