Dexys?

internetjef

12 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Hope they might dole out more of the old ones with it being a high profile gig on the Beeb.

Don't see that making any difference given that it's middle of the day on The Park. At best they'll get a couple songs on one of the main broadcasts, and maybe an extended set on BBC4 and/or iPlayer for the more dedicated fans to seek out.

34 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Hope they might dole out more of the old ones with it being a high profile gig on the Beeb.

won't necessarily go out on tv, most sets don't.

29 minutes ago, Neil said:

won't necessarily go out on tv, most sets don't.

process

1. bbc decide its a set they wat to film

2. negotiation with band for terms for filming and broadcast.

3.broadcast space for it to be broadcast.

On 3/15/2024 at 11:13 PM, bamber said:

Just listened to this again after a number of years. Still has the same affect now as the very first time I heard it. It is etherealy ambiguous, blurry.  You can never be sure about what it all means yet you feel an unquestionable emotional,  palpational connection.  

If you don't know it, seek it out.

Just done the same....had forgotten what a great track that is! What a journey

3 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

I just meant available on iPlayer. 

same applies, full sets tend to be sets that went out on tv.

'The band's name was derived from Dexedrine, a brand of dextroamphetamine used as a recreational drug among Northern soul fans to give them energy to dance all night.[5] While recruiting members for the new band, Rowland noted that "Anyone joining Dexys had to give up their job and rehearse all day long'. 

The Northern Soul nights in Birmingham (and probably elsewhere) used to take place in a nightclub which catered for the 'mainstream' disco type crew up until about 1am on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Then at about 2am they's open up again for the Northern Soul crew. As the venue was only licenced to 1am, there was no alcohol at the bar for the Northern Soul punters. They didn't need it - all they wanted to do was dance. Oh, and take speed.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Pork scratchings are appreciated in either area.

not by her - even tho she's proper black country.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My definition of that equates to 'hard as f**k then'. 

don't think she ever worked in a foundry!

5 hours ago, Neil said:

same applies, full sets tend to be sets that went out on tv.

This is what they said last year... 

"For those wanting a personalised experience, BBC iPlayer also offers the choice to move between continuous live streams from the five main festival stages"  (Pyramid, Other, Woodsies, Park and West Holts) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2023/glastonbury-on-bbc-tv-iplayer-radio-bbc-sounds

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

This is what they said last year... 

"For those wanting a personalised experience, BBC iPlayer also offers the choice to move between continuous live streams from the five main festival stages"  (Pyramid, Other, Woodsies, Park and West Holts) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2023/glastonbury-on-bbc-tv-iplayer-radio-bbc-sounds

it doesn't get all of those stages, cos if i go to get something on iPlayer, its often not there, or just snippets in a highlights programme.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Every year

Just surprised as that seems to contradict their statement of what they were supplying on iPlayer in 23  (not that I look) 

Edited by clarkete

40 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Just surprised as that seems to contradict their statement of what they were supplying on iPlayer in 23  (not that I look) 

That might have been their aim. But will be dependent on the band agreeing with how the beeb want to distribute.

They do cut some of the sets down, and remove some too. Lana plus at least one other wasn't available (someone who got a load of grief when it went out live? Can't remember who it was) and I know The Chicks set had a few songs missing.