UK Politics

kalifire

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

that wont do it now, its moved on to electoral fraud by declaring the wrong address as her residence.

the tax advice is dependant on what she said were the circumstances, so wouldn't clear up anything about the circumstances, which is at the heart of whether she owes tax or not.

If that’s the case then she’s in the clear as there is a time limit of a year after the offence and this supposed one was 10 years ago. I doubt it’ll be enough though for the Tories/RW until they hound a working class woman out of her position. 

32 minutes ago, lost said:

If Boris was female and working class would she/he still be PM?

he/she wouldn't have got there in the first place...and even so if he/she was he/she definitely wouldn't...johnson got away with loads because boris is boris...

Edited by steviewevie

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If that’s the case then she’s in the clear as there is a time limit of a year after the offence and this supposed one was 10 years ago. I doubt it’ll be enough though for the Tories/RW until they hound a working class woman out of her position. 

hugely unlikely she'd get prosecuted (for a 'technical offense' doing the paperwork wrong), thing is, someone might say or indicate she did something wrong, and she said she'll stand down if she's done anything wrong. she could have picked different words and given herself more wiggle room.

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Neil said:

hugely unlikely she'd get prosecuted (for a 'technical offense' doing the paperwork wrong), thing is, someone might say or indicate she did something wrong, and she said she'll stand down if she's done anything wrong. she could have picked different words and given herself more wiggle room.

She said she'd stand down if she has been found to have committed a crime, so as that's not likely going to happen because of the reasons I stated then she'll be fine. But that won't be good enough for the DM and others like them.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I doubt it’ll be enough though for the Tories/RW until they hound a working class woman out of her position. 

shes not the first working class person to hold a senior labour position, but i agree that the attacks are classist at least they're not attacking her competence as well, cos she's much more competent than those who've been attacked for their competence.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

She said she'd stand down if she has been found to have committed a crime, so as that's not likely going to happen because of the reasons I stated then she'll be fine. But that won't be good enough for the DM and others like them.

radio four this morning were reporting it as "if found to have done anything wrong", which i immediately thought gave someone an opening to pursue her on that, much more than "being prosecuted & found guilty" does.

i don't do twitter but i bet she tweeted it, and you can embed the tweet here to clear it up.thanks!

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

radio four this morning were reporting it as "if found to have done anything wrong", which i immediately thought gave someone an opening to pursue her on that, much more than "being prosecuted & found guilty" does.

i don't do twitter but i bet she tweeted it, and you can embed the tweet here to clear it up.thanks!

She hasn't tweeted it but it's all in the press that she's said she stand down if committed a crime.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

She hasn't tweeted it but it's all in the press that she's said she stand down if committed a crime.

thats good then a conviction/or not is the decider - can't be an argument about the court conviction(if there is one).

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

can't believe she hasn't tweeted her challenge, a missed opportunity for her to charm the public and maybe stop this sort of crap..

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

She hasn't tweeted anything for a few days.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

So she's broken the law but it's ok because it was a few years ago. PMSL

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Indeed. 

Funny how this minor story has dominated this thread as tediously as the media

Screenshot_20240413_131812_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, lost said:

If Boris was female and working class would she/he still be PM?

This may be the most hypothetical question ever asked.

2 minutes ago, LJS said:

This may be the most hypothetical question ever asked.

female and working class wouldn't change boris from being that liar.

BREAKING NEWS:

Angela Rayner reported to HMRC for not disclosing a benefit in kind, after it's discovered she's been living rent-free in the head of the Conservative Party.

More trouble for Rayner. This in the MoS (won't post a link in case it upsets the Mods)

Angela Rayner was last night facing mounting pressure over her 'two homes' row after one of her former aides told police that she had not told the truth about her real 'home'.

Matt Finnegan, Ms Rayner's former chief adviser, has given a statement to Greater Manchester Police in which he states that her actual home was with her then husband – not at the former council house where she was registered on the electoral roll.

The testimony is the latest evidence to shatter the insistence by Labour's deputy leader that she has not broken any rules.

Edited by Ommadawn

18 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

More trouble for Rayner. This in the MoS (won't post a link in case it upsets the Mods)

Angela Rayner was last night facing mounting pressure over her 'two homes' row after one of her former aides told police that she had not told the truth about her real 'home'.

Matt Finnegan, Ms Rayner's former chief adviser, has given a statement to Greater Manchester Police in which he states that her actual home was with her then husband – not at the former council house where she was registered on the electoral roll.

The testimony is the latest evidence to shatter the insistence by Labour's deputy leader that she has not broken any rules.

I said it at the start and I will say it again.

She could, and should, have published her advice and shut this thing down right at the start.

Doing nothing has backfired so badly now that she is likely to be forced to step down to avoid more damage to Labour.

If that happens and Labour do not learn from this appalling handling of this matter then they right will find more on others and attack again.

I do wonder when those who blindly support will realise what a mess this all is and how badly it has been dealt with.

23 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

🤷‍♂️