Forwards 2024

gfa

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

It was mentioned in another thread but looks like Loyle Carner and LCD Soundsystem are headlining this

https://www.forwardsbristol.co.uk

Oh that's good to hear, they've been surprisingly quiet about their line up details this year, which I'm sure couldn't have helped early bird ticket sales. 

Bit of an unusual rollout here, I still can’t see it on any of their socials, but it’s been on the website for over 24 hours now ha 

either way I am made up with LCD. Previous years have always had great undercards too, so have good faith in the bookers. Always nice to have a headliner you are really keen for though 

saved me a trip to APE also so it’s great news all round 

2 hours ago, internetjef said:

Bit of an unusual rollout here, I still can’t see it on any of their socials, but it’s been on the website for over 24 hours now ha 

either way I am made up with LCD. Previous years have always had great undercards too, so have good faith in the bookers. Always nice to have a headliner you are really keen for though 

saved me a trip to APE also so it’s great news all round 

Ah, I still don't see it on the website either. 

I had wondered if it was trickier for them due to Massive Attack doing a separate event the weekend before, or generally the challenge of festivals and the increasing costs each year? 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Ah, I still don't see it on the website either. 

I had wondered if it was trickier for them due to Massive Attack doing a separate event the weekend before, or generally the challenge of festivals and the increasing costs each year? 

It doesn’t explicitly announce the acts but if you follow the main website link posted above it has a Loyle Carner song lyric and a lcd lyric (albeit with New York changes to Bristol), in massive writing 

someone also told me a couple of days earlier those were two headliners so pretty sure it’s legit 

wondered if maybe someone ‘went early’ on the website, but if that were the case it would likely have been taken down by now 

earlier socials said lineup news end of month , so hoping for a big announcement along with some of undercard artists then 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I had wondered if it was trickier for them due to Massive Attack doing a separate event the weekend before

i'm pretty sure that some of the posters around Bristol for massive mention forwards (like massive is part of forwards).will double check next time i drive past a poster, there's two near me , but i won't be going those directions for a week or more.

1 hour ago, internetjef said:

It doesn’t explicitly announce the acts but if you follow the main website link posted above it has a Loyle Carner song lyric and a lcd lyric (albeit with New York changes to Bristol), in massive writing 

someone also told me a couple of days earlier those were two headliners so pretty sure it’s legit 

wondered if maybe someone ‘went early’ on the website, but if that were the case it would likely have been taken down by now 

earlier socials said lineup news end of month , so hoping for a big announcement along with some of undercard artists then 

Ah well spotted 😊

I'm sure it's not someone going early then, but something intentional, as they wrote a slightly cryptic message before "keep an eye out on socials and around Bristol over the coming weeks"

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Ah, don't think I've seen a poster

there' normally one by lebecs at the bottom of Stapleton road junction with ring road., and one up Whitehall road (places i pass quite often so i notice them).

12 minutes ago, JackGregg17 said:

Don't wanna be that guy, but it doesn't seem like the budget has been spread overly well this year...

Did you not get the memo about festivals needing to tighten their belts or put up ticket prices? 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/feb/22/uks-position-as-live-music-leader-at-stake-nine-festivals-cancel-amid-rising-costs

30 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Did you not get the memo about festivals needing to tighten their belts or put up ticket prices? 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/feb/22/uks-position-as-live-music-leader-at-stake-nine-festivals-cancel-amid-rising-costs

I'm not disputing this, it just looks like a large portion of the budget went on LCD, thats all

3 minutes ago, JackGregg17 said:

I'm not disputing this, it just looks like a large portion of the budget went on LCD, thats all

Ah tbh I've zero idea about that, they seem to have a few I've heard of (and I'm an old git) 

Pretty sure it will cost less than the cost of those Brixton residency shows lcd did a couple of years back 

id expect circa £65 after fees per day if you get in early doors before it starts to jump tiers 

if it’s yard act , Jessie , LCD on main stage that will be quite a run. Possible YA might headline 2nd stage tho I guess