Primavera Sound Porto 2024

flowernigiri

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

I thought that would be the case tbf as I imagine plenty of people would be trying to see most of the big names at once, not least in the case of Pulp & The National.

I guess the hesitation is more that I don't really know any of the undercard on their day.

That day there are two Portuguese bands that I really like, Best Youth and Expresso Transatlântico.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any recommendations for any festival-related stuff happening on the Wednesday night e.g. bars that'll have a good festival vibe?

Likewise, any recommendations for stuff to do in Porto prior to heading into the festival in the afternoon each day?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, eivomracsy said:

the footage they posted looked like last year, where vip was the full lenght inclusing square i added. didnt see the other part in the video, but it was a few days ago. unfortunately the instagram story is not available anymore

Screenshot_20240529-081941 (1).png

Ah I see!!

How was the stage pit last year?

No BITS is terrible isn't it. Been going to this festival since the first iteration, and a little dance in the late hours always made it. Now you just watch bands and go home. Really makes it feel less special

They seemed to have scaled this back massively this year which is very disappointing. No Bits, most nights over at 2am. A good few cancellations with little or no replacements. Being going a few years now but this will probably be my last unfortunately.

Anyone know any good clubs in town?

36 minutes ago, mt6456 said:

They seemed to have scaled this back massively this year which is very disappointing. No Bits, most nights over at 2am. A good few cancellations with little or no replacements. Being going a few years now but this will probably be my last unfortunately.

Anyone know any good clubs in town?

They openly said last year was bumper cos it was the 10th edition and I think this is on a par with some of the earlier ones - but how much do some DJs cost? It feels like they spent a lot of the money on the headliners then sales were good enough to get away with it

15 hours ago, bananaa52 said:

they said the festival ends sooner because of the noise for the residential area around the festival 

where did they say this btw? I haven't seen them address it anywhere.

Still great value for money for what I paid, but if no late electronica is a feature going forward, it's less attractive to me

13 hours ago, robith said:

where did they say this btw? I haven't seen them address it anywhere.

Still great value for money for what I paid, but if no late electronica is a feature going forward, it's less attractive to me

https://expresso.pt/podcasts/blitz-posto-emissor/2024-05-24-posto-emissor-196-blitz-convida-jose-barreiro-do-primavera-sound-porto.-da-despedida-do-amigo-steve-albini-as-novidades-do-festival-4dae2918

in this interview with the director of the festival

Schedules updated. 

From a first fast view: 

- Lankum switched with Eartheater

- Ana Frango Elétrico starts and ends earlier (and clash totally with American Football)

- Justice set time is now 1h15m (was 1h30m)

- GEL starts early

- Pulp and The National do not clash now (Pulp starts early)

- Mandy Indiana do not clash with The National, but clash with Arca.

with so little artists they just reduced the number of concerts that one can see.. at least before we could see at least half of one concert at times

and I was counting on seeing PJ and Eartheater on the first day and now they also took that. oh well