Paredes de Coura 2024

Naran Jitu

3 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pode ser uma imagem de texto que diz "VODAFONE PAREDES RCOURA 14 17 AGOSTO 2024 2 GIRL IN RED TRAMHAUS CONFERÊNCIA INFERNO த்"

To be honest...what is the benefit of announcing rhese three names today instead of joining them with yesterday's announcement? Does this create any buzz?

Edited by MeMeMeM
Correction

12 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

To be honest...what is the benefit of announcing rhese three names today instead of joining them with yesterday's announcement? Does this create any buzz?

I may not yet have authorization to advertise. Authorization may have arrived after yesterday's announcement.
I know there were doubts about signing this band and another electropop band (I can't mention their name), now I don't know if they'll just play this one.

22 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Girl in Red announced her new album yday evening so maybe evening had to wait for her ?

Another terrible announcement. And there I was thinking Jungle or Parcels might get announced today...

The festival's marketing strategy is really poor. I would actually say poor ticket sales last year are down to a poor marketing strategy, as last year's line up was so much better than this. They are going to struggle big time with this line up.

Are we assuming Girl in Red is Saturday night headliner?

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Another terrible announcement. And there I was thinking Jungle or Parcels might get announced today...

The festival's marketing strategy is really poor. I would actually say poor ticket sales last year are down to a poor marketing strategy, as last year's line up was so much better than this. They are going to struggle big time with this line up.

GiR is on the same day as Cat Power and I don't think it's on Saturday.
It could only be GiR or Parcels...Parcels are on Alive.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Jungle are already at Kalorama and  Parcels at Nos Alive 

Yes, their strategy is weird and I understand that, after the 2023 edition (the strongest ever), many people could complain about the weak announcements so far. But we can't forget we're talking about a cheap festival (4-day ticket costs 130€ in 2024) that always books many interesting underground acts and in 2022 edition had the likes of Ty Segall, Beach House, Turnstile and L'Imperatrice as co-headliners. So I feel that having already Girl In Red, Fontaines DC, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Slowdive, Cat Power, L'Imperatrice, Sleater-Kinney and others to be announced, while not matching really much with my tastes, isn't that weak compared to the past editions.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Yes, their strategy is weird and I understand that, after the 2023 edition (the strongest ever), many people could complain about the weak announcements so far. But we can't forget we're talking about a cheap festival (4-day ticket costs 130€ in 2024) that always books many interesting underground acts and in 2022 edition had the likes of Ty Segall, Beach House, Turnstile and L'Imperatrice as co-headliners. So I feel that having already Girl In Red, Fontaines DC, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Slowdive, Cat Power, L'Imperatrice, Sleater-Kinney and others to be announced, while not matching really much with my tastes, isn't that weak compared to the past editions.

Also the festival is beautiful. It's got the best atmosphere of any festival I've been to so far

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

GiR is on the same day as Cat Power and I don't think it's on Saturday.
It could only be GiR or Parcels...Parcels are on Alive.

Do you know what day Sleater Kinney are playing? If it´s friday or saturday would help me a lot.

So, João said that these bands are playing saturday: Fontaines DC, Jesus, Slowdive and Baxter Dury.

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

If Girl In Red is not on the Saturday, are we still waiting for the 'main' Saturday night headliner to be announced? as she's currently on the top of the poster..

Fontaines DC are headlining Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Not a headliner but on at the top of the poster?

There is a headliner that remains to be announced and can only be announced in March.
QOSTA the festival tried... they didn't accept it...
Headliner that will be announced in March is not as big as QOSTA.

7 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Saturday: Fontaines DC, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Slowdive, Baxter Dury

That's a decent day by anyone's standards. 

The headliner that can't be announced yet. Are they currently on tour? Had a look at bands playing Lisbon soon and only the 1975 seem to fit the bill, it's not them is it?