Resale Groups

MatthewTurner

9 minutes ago, thewomble said:

Honestly this is the only thing putting me off 😩 Would love to join the resale sheet as we have 3/4 of us who will be trying for tickets in April but literally can't see how people can do it unless it's the same as last year where an email was sent to the lead booker for payment. If it's not like this and it's full payment when you get through for tickets, how will it work? 

Any opinions from people who've done this in the past would be appreciated!

We had to operate on trust when we did it … people brought for others on own cards and used other people’s cards some used prepayed cards . But we had a longer period of getting to know people over pandemic . There will be option to cancel payments with banks if you aren’t payed back I think . But if you don’t do this the risk of not getting tickets is much higher … the whole idea behind groups is that everyone works for everyone untill you are 100% complete or you might as well not bother grouping up . 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MatthewTurner said:

Nothing on our resale sheet has anything to do with taking any form of payment details from anyone mate.

I’d certainly not be giving out my banking details either!

How is it working?

Its a hard sell when you've got 3 people trying who look at you like you're mental when any talk of getting involved with a group on an internet forum to get tickets comes up. 

It'd be fine if it was just me trying for us, mainly because anything more complex than "put your details in and buy them" tends to send people into a spin. To put it into perspective, I had to shout at my friend to get on with it when he got through and immediately started posting in the Whatsapp group in October instead of just doing it. He spent so long meticulously checking the numbers on his ipad that it sold out. Another friend wasn't up for our own mini group of two teams where we everyone keeps trying as it seemed like too much. 

The normal sale function is a hard sell anyway. Its all good if they do the email then pay thing as no money is involved, though that means less chance as its so much quicker and people can get more help as they don't need payment details. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

How is it working?

Its a hard sell when you've got 3 people trying who look at you like you're mental when any talk of getting involved with a group on an internet forum to get tickets comes up. 

It'd be fine if it was just me trying for us, mainly because anything more complex than "put your details in and buy them" tends to send people into a spin. To put it into perspective, I had to shout at my friend to get on with it when he got through and immediately started posting in the Whatsapp group in October instead of just doing it. He spent so long meticulously checking the numbers on his ipad that it sold out. Another friend wasn't up for our own mini group of two teams where we everyone keeps trying as it seemed like too much. 

The normal sale function is a hard sell anyway. Its all good if they do the email then pay thing as no money is involved, though that means less chance as its so much quicker and people can get more help as they don't need payment details. 

Ex friend surely?   😜

Those who wish to be on groups should definitely form them ASAP, get in WhatsApp or whatever and share details to establish relationships.  It's slightly simpler with folks who have a long history of posting here, simply as you know a bit more about each other.

Of course if someone paid for a ticket and then didn't immediately receive funds from the ticket holder, they could follow up a couple of routes to  get money back. 

Majority would not recommend sharing payment details unless very well trusted 

Edited by clarkete

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Ex friend surely?   😜

Those who wish to be on groups should definitely form them ASAP, get in WhatsApp or whatever and share details to establish relationships.  It's slightly simpler with folks who have a long history of posting here, simply as you know a bit more about each other.

Of course if someone paid for a ticket and then didn't immediately receive funds from the ticket holder, they could follow up a couple of routes to  get money back. 

Majority would not recommend sharing payment details unless very well trusted 

That makes sense. I think it'll be easier once we know exactly what method we're using. I think we all assume last year was a one off due to the payment issues, but there's no way of knowing til an official announcement!

@MatthewTurner  Are you setting up a Whatsapp group for the whole sheet?

I was going to contact the other person in my group (Group 4 - Jay are you out there) and set up a Whatsapp for the mini group at least before the resale.  

Will see what is announced re payments.  If it all has to be paid for then by getting in touch beforehand I hope we can trust each other so whoever gets through would pay on their card for everyone and we will immediately transfer funds to them to repay for our tickets. 

1 minute ago, Northtim said:

@MatthewTurner  Are you setting up a Whatsapp group for the whole sheet?

I was going to contact the other person in my group (Group 4 - Jay are you out there) and set up a Whatsapp for the mini group at least before the resale.  

Will see what is announced re payments.  If it all has to be paid for then by getting in touch beforehand I hope we can trust each other so whoever gets through would pay on their card for everyone and we will immediately transfer funds to them to repay for our tickets. 

That’s the plan, as mentioned earlier I’ll be closing this off in 2 weeks time and then will get the group put together.

There are a few missing contact numbers from a couple of groups so hopefully their mates will add them in and we’ll all be good to go for the start of April, should give us a good 2-3 weeks before the resale to get comfortable and find out how the sale will take place and then coordinate from there

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just a quick one resale tickets will go to one person so it makes sense to try and get the people geographically grouped of at all possible . Secure post also possible but some may prefer to do it in person 

Yeah that’s very true, so far I’ve tried to keep groups entering together and then it’s a case of jigging around smaller group.

When I close the group off I can make amendments and coordinate via whatsapp as to what works best for everyone

Just now, MatthewTurner said:

Group Closed (For Now)

Thank you to everyone for being part of the group. I'll be creating a WhatsApp at the start of next week!

Of course everyone is still welcome to post and find alternative groups through here.

will you be allowing access for helpers ..? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

will you be allowing access for helpers ..? 

Absolutely! I'll just need to share the page for details and have a number to add anyone into the chat, anyone who wants to help out just needs to send me a message

Wishing the best of luck to all the resale groups! Purely anecdotal but it seems like there’s more tickets going back than usual this time - we’re normal very solid but we’ve 3 going back out of 11 + another 4 of 6 confirming they won’t be trying in the resale (having previously said they would). Hopefully that bodes well for everyone here!

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

Wishing the best of luck to all the resale groups! Purely anecdotal but it seems like there’s more tickets going back than usual this time - we’re normal very solid but we’ve 3 going back out of 11 + another 4 of 6 confirming they won’t be trying in the resale (having previously said they would). Hopefully that bodes well for everyone here!

Thank you! 

I’ve been keeping the faith that there will be higher returns than usual, but either way hopefully we’ll get some success in the group here!