2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

MSE >>

Foo Fighters - I've been told they are there, it is the last leg of their tour and they love playing R&L. I thought they were a shoe in for Glasto 2024 but seemingly not. Plus Melvins comments "not next year but they will be back soon"

Olivia Rodrigo - Last leg of her tour, it is the point in an artists career they do the smaller big festivals, she'd be stupid not to

Eminem - He was going to book this year as part of his 2024 tour, but those plans seem to be on hold too. If he can get moving on his show, I reckon we will see him in 2025.

MSW >>

Paramore - Another supposed to be booked this year after finishing their tour with Taylor Swift. Couldn't agree a deal, wanted MSE but were offered MSW as Liam Gallagher decided to do his tour and was eager to play. Maybe they will agree MSW this year.

Chase & Status - I reckon with Fred going down a treat this year, they will look at another dance act headlining, bit cheaper but has a lot of appeal to the older heads too.

Central Cee - On the rise, could be offered a MSW spot to go with his meteoric but limited rise

-----------------------------------

Outside bets >>

Biffy Clyro - They love to pop up and this would be 4 years since they last did it

Stormzy - Stock seems to have dropped, feels like his handlers are trying to force relevancy via Radio 1 hype but it falls flat.

Kasabian - Another that needs that push to get back to their previous heights, and a festival appearance would do just that

Lewis Capaldi - Get his head back on and up on the stage, will be dying to take his chance he just missed out on.

Wizkidy - Seems to be one of those bookings that gets high up slots that people sleep on

SZA - Guessed every year but never shows up, could be this year

Aitch - Another under appreciated artist that appeals to the R&L younger demographgic

QOTSA - About time they came back

Royal Blood - They will get it one day. Maybe this day.

Lil Nas X - Crazy how someone can continue to rise a few years after their only 'big' song, but he goes higher every year.

BMTH - Time for a return or to soon to be back on MSW?

29 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

MSE >>

Foo Fighters - I've been told they are there, it is the last leg of their tour and they love playing R&L. I thought they were a shoe in for Glasto 2024 but seemingly not. Plus Melvins comments "not next year but they will be back soon"

Olivia Rodrigo - Last leg of her tour, it is the point in an artists career they do the smaller big festivals, she'd be stupid not to

Eminem - He was going to book this year as part of his 2024 tour, but those plans seem to be on hold too. If he can get moving on his show, I reckon we will see him in 2025.

MSW >>

Paramore - Another supposed to be booked this year after finishing their tour with Taylor Swift. Couldn't agree a deal, wanted MSE but were offered MSW as Liam Gallagher decided to do his tour and was eager to play. Maybe they will agree MSW this year.

Chase & Status - I reckon with Fred going down a treat this year, they will look at another dance act headlining, bit cheaper but has a lot of appeal to the older heads too.

Central Cee - On the rise, could be offered a MSW spot to go with his meteoric but limited rise

Outside bets >>

Biffy Clyro - They love to pop up and this would be 4 years since they last did it

Stormzy - Stock seems to have dropped, feels like his handlers are trying to force relevancy via Radio 1 hype but it falls flat.

Kasabian - Another that needs that push to get back to their previous heights, and a festival appearance would do just that

Lewis Capaldi - Get his head back on and up on the stage, will be dying to take his chance he just missed out on.

Wizkidy - Seems to be one of those bookings that gets high up slots that people sleep on

Aitch - Another under appreciated artist that appeals to the R&L younger demographgic

Lil Nas X - Crazy how someone can continue to rise a few years after their only 'big' song, but he goes higher every year.

What an odd thing to completely make up about Paramore. An agreeable set of headliners, however. 

Edited by Andre91

17 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

She has 600k+ monthly listeners in London. Cench has 900k+.

You're right, numbers aren't everything, but because Cench has never toured there's not much else to go off.

One show at ally pally isn't a tour m8.

He's got a year and a half to drop a debut album and announce a tour. I'm confident that by 2025 it'll be obvious that he's a headliner or nothing. He's already subbed the festival, there's only one way for him to go unless he massively drops off and there's no indication at all that that is going to happen.

He did do other dates i was just looking at the London date (generally a good comparison point I find)

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

MSE >>

MSW >>

Outside bets >>

Lil Nas X having only 1 song is the funniest thing i've read on here all day (mind you its 10am)

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2023 at 7:15 AM, Chad888 said:

MSE >>

MSW >>

Outside bets >>

Whether the Paramore info is made up or not, I'm not suggesting either way, they won't be taking less than MSE. After C&S random return to size and their sold out MK show then Reading would be mad not to go for them. 

I would have suggested Foos and Olivia anyway, they seem two almost dead sets. But I also don't see Capaldi playing below MSE when he returns.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Whether the Paramore info is made up or not, I'm not suggesting either way, they won't be taking less than MSE. After C&S random return to size and their sold out MK show then Reading would be mad not to go for them. 

I would have suggested Foos and Olivia anyway, they seem two almost dead sets. But I also don't see Capaldi playing below MSE when he returns.

Chase & Status isn't random really

they started touring with the live set again + released the biggest dnb song for years

40 minutes ago, northernangel said:

To be honest, I didn't know they were still only doing I guess dj sets? 

MK Bowl is a pretty big deal though, I think I'm missed their song although I'm not a big D&B man st all.

Listen to Badadan immediately. The whole new record is full of bangers tbf. 

55 minutes ago, northernangel said:

To be honest, I didn't know they were still only doing I guess dj sets? 

MK Bowl is a pretty big deal though, I think I'm missed their song although I'm not a big D&B man st all.

they had only been doing DJ sets for around 5 years or so, live sets are generally becoming a lot more common recent across all dance acts (probably due to how well Bicep have been doing)

its rubbish jump up but yep baddadan

gets old very quickly, just not a fan of that whole hedex bou and co. genre 

still mad they sold the bowl tho

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Listen to Badadan immediately. The whole new record is full of bangers tbf. 

5 hours ago, gfa said:

they had only been doing DJ sets for around 5 years or so, live sets are generally becoming a lot more common recent across all dance acts (probably due to how well Bicep have been doing)

its rubbish jump up but yep baddadan

gets old very quickly, just not a fan of that whole hedex bou and co. genre 

still mad they sold the bowl tho

Personally I preferred the other option they released this year but it is okay I guess.

32 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Good for them tbf. Heard it was a sub-£60 ticket price so dunno if that helped, compared to certain others now routinely charging £100+.

Sure - but MK is hardly a population centre, 1000s will have paid for tickets and also gone for a hotel. Many people must be travelling 1-2hrs+

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Sure - but MK is hardly a population centre, 1000s will have paid for tickets and also gone for a hotel. Many people must be travelling 1-2hrs+

I was more referring to the fact Muse failed to sell out MK Bowl in June and I think charging £95 a ticket for that on Glastonbury weekend and not being in London was a pair of factors. I'm of the view it would've been closer to a sell-out at £65 or even £75. 55,000-odd apparently went, which is still decent enough numbers, but it's not quite the full enchilada.

Also noted that this show had nothing on SeeTickets or Ticketmaster, which is imo just as impressive in selling it out.

Edited by charlierc

56 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I was more referring to the fact Muse failed to sell out MK Bowl in June and I think charging £95 a ticket for that on Glastonbury weekend and not being in London was a pair of factors. I'm of the view it would've been closer to a sell-out at £65 or even £75. 55,000-odd apparently went, which is still decent enough numbers, but it's not quite the full enchilada.

Also noted that this show had nothing on SeeTickets or Ticketmaster, which is imo just as impressive in selling it out.

For the last part, they are a dance act. Most people who like djs are very used to kaboodle, Dice, RA etc.

Using ticketmaster and seetickets is very much an exception vs the norm

Its no doubt very impressive, don't think anyone expected it

strong support too of dosser djs

On 12/24/2023 at 12:42 PM, gfa said:

For the last part, they are a dance act. Most people who like djs are very used to kaboodle, Dice, RA etc.

Using ticketmaster and seetickets is very much an exception vs the norm

Its no doubt very impressive, don't think anyone expected it

strong support too of dosser djs

Ah ok. I don't usually attend dance/DJ shows so maybe that's why I'm unfamiliar with their alternative ticketing apps.

Just looked up Central Cee after all the talk about him.

Has he peaked where he was at? Was his placing in 2023 actually to high but riding a wave of zeitgeist and he's a cheap booking and the in thing?

I was watching the Gordon Gino Fred do Christmas dinner and it had Professor Green on and it got me thinking, is Central Cee just this generations Professor Green/Chipmunk/Devlin etc. They were charting in a time when you had to physically buy the CD, and YouTube and Spotify listens didn't count.

I see Central Cee appealing to a new generation of chav, and if Pro Green, Devlin, Chipmunk etc got booked as headliner back in 2010, the booking agents would have been shot.

Edited by Chad888