Piece Hall, Halifax gigs 2024

AtomsForPizza

Thought it could be useful to have a thread keeping track of gigs announced at the Piece Hall. So far for 2024 the following have been announced:

• Nile Rodgers & Chic 
  • Crowded House 
  • Loyle Carner 
  • Richard Ashcroft
  • Jess Glynne
  • Fatboy Slim 
  • Status Quo 

Would be great to see the National play there but probably wishful thinking given they've only just played in Leeds 

I could imagine The National playing, they’re in europe late spring/early summer. Imagine they might be at Glasto and another Southern Festival. Feel like it could be their ‘northern date’ like their show at Depot Mayfield last year.

Though perhaps they’ll be back in Manchester again since they didn’t stop there this year and went to Leeds instead.

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

I could imagine The National playing, they’re in europe late spring/early summer. Imagine they might be at Glasto and another Southern Festival. Feel like it could be their ‘northern date’ like their show at Depot Mayfield last year.

Though perhaps they’ll be back in Manchester again since they didn’t stop there this year and went to Leeds instead.

Usually some overlap between here and Eden Project, and think The National would be brilliant at both

3 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Usually some overlap between here and Eden Project, and think The National would be brilliant at both

I agree. Feel like they’re an awkward size of not quite suiting arenas (eve though they play them occasionally) but being too big for lots of other venues. They suit outdoor/amphitheatre type events well

Just got my tickets for Pixies to go alongside the Richard Ashcroft one. Hoping for Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins to get announced as well. These Piece Hall shows made the decision to move back to Halifax from Leeds this year after a forced eviction a much easier decision.

1 hour ago, moz4pm said:

Just got my tickets for Pixies to go alongside the Richard Ashcroft one. Hoping for Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins to get announced as well. These Piece Hall shows made the decision to move back to Halifax from Leeds this year after a forced eviction a much easier decision.

If SP and Weezer get announced for Piece Hall I'm gonna be pissed about buying tickets for manchester. 

23 minutes ago, OKMess said:

If SP and Weezer get announced for Piece Hall I'm gonna be pissed about buying tickets for manchester. 

Yeah I held off on that one as I think they'll play. Its the same promoter so I think there's a really solid chance. But there's a big risk i'll be in Helsinki for Metallica at the time, i'm gonna be incredibly torn if that happens.

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Is there any info on SP/Weezer for this? I'd be staggered, if only because sales for Manchester have been... not so much sluggish as in line with what I thought they would be, which is to say moderate.

I went on cuffe and taylor website a few weeks ago and Weezer/SP was shown on a slide of bands where 5 out of 7 of them were already announced for Piece Hall.

20 hours ago, moz4pm said:

I went on cuffe and taylor website a few weeks ago and Weezer/SP was shown on a slide of bands where 5 out of 7 of them were already announced for Piece Hall.

So they are. I'm guessing that will be because Cuffe and Taylor run the Cardiff Castle gigs.

Would be dynamite - but a shock - if they cropped up at Fax too. In hindsight, maybe that should have been their northern date.

• 2 weeks later...