Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

That's an amazing outcome for the festival and I expect the day tickets will go quickly now as well. People who were maybe unsure of buying a combi, but really liked one or two days, will now have their minds made up.

Bit of a debate taking place on Festileaks about whether the social media posts that the festival has been putting out (50% gone, 70% gone etc) have contributed to the quick sell out but I think they've played a very good game in that respect. Half the tickets sold in a few hours on Saturday does seem a lot so they've done their part by keeping people up to date with how it's going. There would have been a very angry reaction if they hadn't said much and then it was sold out so it's better to give warnings. Of course, the 'buy them quick' messages are going to encourage people but at the end of the day PKP is a business and their goal is to sell tickets.

57 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

We have tickets for the Saturday.

Ho well, saved us some money and we'll still have the 'Puk Light' experience...

I thought you might have gone for Sunday but at least we'll still be able to get together. S+S were staying at my mums this weekend and lucky I popped over to see them yesterday. Mentioned sales were going fast so they got theirs straight away.

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Combi taken in the early morning for me and 2 friends of mine. Never seen such a FOMO for PKP, great result for them.

See you in August guys!

Ran out of likes, great to have you on board. Hopefully others who haven't managed to sort a combi out will be be able to get some at a later date. 

Fastest selling edition since 2014.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Semprini said:

I thought you might have gone for Sunday but at least we'll still be able to get together. S+S were staying at my mums this weekend and lucky I popped over to see them yesterday. Mentioned sales were going fast so they got theirs straight away.

It was a coin flip between Saturday or Sunday. In the end I thought the Saturday was a more sociable option for us. We are never quite sure with "Mrs Trufflehound's" work situation whether or not we'd have to get up early on the Monday morning and dash off home. This way we are guaranteed a lie-in!

We will still likely come down early, in time to join the Thursday night social in the 'pub on the corner'. I'm keeping our hotel reservation for the whole weekend unchanged for now.

1 hour ago, Trufflehound said:

It was a coin flip between Saturday or Sunday. In the end I thought the Saturday was a more sociable option for us. We are never quite sure with "Mrs Trufflehound's" work situation whether or not we'd have to get up early on the Monday morning and dash off home. This way we are guaranteed a lie-in!

We will still likely come down early, in time to join the Thursday night social in the 'pub on the corner'. I'm keeping our hotel reservation for the whole weekend unchanged for now.

Great that you're still coming and reckon there's a decent chance you might pick up cheap day tickets just before, or even on the morning of, if you're there anyway.

Pretty sure it's also the case that they let you in from midnight so you can catch the Friday headliners as well.

Italian boutique festival announced a big part of its line-up. They always share some names with Club-Lift stages and in fact we already have Yin Yin and Fat Dog.

BDRMM, Model/Actriz, Heartworms, Tapir!, Egyptian Blue would be more than welcome for me (without mentioning Explosions In The Sky and Kae Tempest)

FB_IMG_1709573149928.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Good to hear. doubt I'll be going to the site for the pre-party, unless they book something outstanding, so save a seat for me. 

Looks like Saturday for the efests meet up, then 🙂 

Edited by DDave
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 8:49 AM, DDave said:

Sold out, just as I was buying another ticket 🙄

Seriously impressive effort to sell out the combi's this quick. 

What do you think caused them to sell so fast, its hardly an absolutely incredible line-up. Any other social factors?

3 hours ago, SilverLining said:

What do you think caused them to sell so fast, its hardly an absolutely incredible line-up. Any other social factors?

The Monday is a bank Holiday in Belgium, I think and I think it might not overlap with exam retakes either. Lowlands sold out again so Goldband (and CDW) might have been a clever booking to attract people who missed out on tickets for that, plus last year's edition went down well as well, plus its cheaper. 

It's also a more balanced line up than last year and you could argue a better undercard so far. There's no massive single act this year like Billie but there is Fred whose hugely popular at the moment, plus I think people underestimate how many tickets Sam Smith will shift for this demographic. 

Still unreal sales, given all the above. No-one saw this coming. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I only hope that Sugababes get a 5 or 6pm slot at Dance Hall and do not clash with the last 2 bands of Main Stage and Marquee.

It would be a really fun act to see live but I want to see at least 2 complete sets and and half between QOTSA, The Smile, Rise Against and Offspring.

Edited by johnybegood
  • Upvote 1

Today's annoucement cancelled. Don't expect big/medium names after selling out combitickets. Lot of belgian bands will perform in Main Stage and Marquee this year. Some non-closed negociations with medium sized bands won't reach a deal. It's logical.

Selling out so quick is never a good thing for festival goers. In the next couple of weeks I think that we will have a 35-40 names annoucement, most of then small or belgian bands & djs. Let's see how social media reacts after next announcement... It's going to be funny.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SarahEmpre said:

Today's annoucement cancelled. Don't expect big/medium names after selling out combitickets. Lot of belgian bands will perform in Main Stage and Marquee this year. Some non-closed negociations with medium sized bands won't reach a deal. It's logical.

Selling out so quick is never a good thing for festival goers. In the next couple of weeks I think that we will have a 35-40 names annoucement, most of then small or belgian bands & djs. Let's see how social media reacts after next announcement... It's going to be funny.

Not doubting your intel, as it's always been pretty accurate, but I know from what I was told by a very reliable source a couple of years back that by this date, the majority of the line up is booked. You may be right in that some could still be at the negotiation stage, so might change, but I still expect them to bring out more decent international bands and DJs. If you look at old line ups, there's always been a big Belgian presence across every stage and I think the overall % will be very similar when the whole line up is out. They've got a great opportunity to really consolidate their position and make what's happened this year a regular thing so I doubt they'll mess that up by booking loads of cheap local acts to 'weaken' the poster. People aren't stupid and will see straight through it.

Confidence Man announced for Lowlands (along with Roisin Murphy and Teddy Swims amongst others) so hope they're added for PKP. Also, people will naturally compare LL with PKP so if there's loads of medium sized bands that LL have booked but PKP haven't then questions will naturally be asked why?

• Upvote 3

'Thanks for buying a ticket real early, here's the rest of the line up but it's cheap and it's no-one you'll have heard of, see you next year?' 

I don't buy it, personally, although I recognise there's less need for them to go out and book needlessly expensive bands now the tickets have sold out.

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, DDave said:

'Thanks for buying a ticket real early, here's the rest of the line up but it's cheap and it's no-one you'll have heard of, see you next year?' 

I don't buy it, personally, although I recognise there's less need for them to go out and book needlessly expensive bands now the tickets have sold out.

Agree. Even if the festival is selling so fast, they won't cancel bands they've already confirmed. A big part of the line-up is already booked, just not announced. Like @DDave said, they just don't need to look for "last-minute" big bands to help sell tickets. 

One thing sure: nobody expected such a record in the sales... Even with the success/hype around Fred Again and Sam Smith. I'm wondering when we'll get them to headline Werchter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Regarding today's no-announcement, it simply looks like this was Lowlands time.

44 names have already been announced during the last month and many more are surely already booked and planned to be announced during the next weeks. They're in the relaxed position they don't need to push the sales and they already have the budget to build a strong festival and strengthen their reputation without risks.

There won't be big last-minute-bookings but it will be a strong edition.

Combi soldout since Monday. Friday will be soldout tonight (less than 1000 tickets left). Saturday will be soon enough (90% sold). Only Sunday is the bad boy in the story but understandable as it's a classic festival day with QOTSAThe OffspringRise AgainstThe Smile.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Combi soldout since Monday. Friday will be soldout tonight (less than 1000 tickets left). Saturday will be soon enough (90% sold). Only Sunday is the bad boy in the story but understandable as it's a classic festival day with QOTSAThe OffspringRise AgainstThe Smile.

I've bought a combiticket because of the Sunday. I cannot be the only one... or maybe yes? 🙂

13 hours ago, johnybegood said:

I've bought a combiticket because of the Sunday. I cannot be the only one... or maybe yes? 🙂

Sunday was also our main motivation. Friday and Saturday have acts that we also want to see, therefore secured combi tickets.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2024 at 11:13 AM, SarahEmpre said:

No, most of the biggest names are out. But this post is far too dramatic.

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3