Rock for People 2024

Flick22

4 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

My first thought was Alien Weaponry, quite good metal band from New Zealand.

Alien Weaponry makes sense, the same for Arcade Fire, I guess the main clue for Prodigy is that the emoji is from Space Invaders and tonight is Prodigy show so they can finally announce them.

33 minutes ago, qz3 said:

Rock en seine is actually great festival, maybe not so good as Rock for people in terms of organisation, but there is always very diverse lineup in Paris. And location is beautiful!

Unfortunately RfP visitors seems to me a little bit conservative when it comes to music taste 🙂 After 1975 headline concert im not surprised with the new "safe" bookings.

yeah, lot of people are Still very conservative about selection, but I think its improving every year bit by bit, The 1975 is perfect example! And now imagine someone like Radiohead to play there 😀

More than half of advent is open and unfortunately for me it doesn't look good. Shikari is the only band that im happy with . Deathbyrommy is nice addition for some diversity. 

Surprised that there is no Underoath, Beartooth, Deftones, Crosses, Bad Omens, Polyphia, Turnstile, Frank Carter, all of them will be in Europe in June. Maybe some of them will come later

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 11.41.02.png

Interesting that at Hurricane Offspring is sub for BMTH, and at RfP they are headline 🙂

Edited by qz3

2 hours ago, qz3 said:

More than half of advent is open and unfortunately for me it doesn't look good. Shikari is the only band that im happy with . Deathbyrommy is nice addition for some diversity. 

Surprised that there is no Underoath, Beartooth, Deftones, Crosses, Bad Omens, Polyphia, Turnstile, Frank Carter, all of them will be in Europe in June. Maybe some of them will come later

Interesting that at Hurricane Offspring is sub for BMTH, and at RfP they are headline 🙂

Hopefully some of them will appear later this month! About Beartooth, I think Rock Am ring is their only festival announced for 2024 so far because of their headliner tour in October 2024.

2 hours ago, qz3 said:

I guess some will appear later.

Deftones are exclusive to Primavera afaik, Beartooth to Rar/Rip, Turnstile start at Hu/So weekend so I am not sure thay are around. Bad Omens have a show in Prague in Feb, perhaps that's the reason to hold them back? Polyphia and Frank Carter are great shouts, let's hope they are announced  

48 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Deftones are exclusive to Primavera afaik, Beartooth to Rar/Rip, Turnstile start at Hu/So weekend so I am not sure thay are around. Bad Omens have a show in Prague in Feb, perhaps that's the reason to hold them back? Polyphia and Frank Carter are great shouts, let's hope they are announced  

Turnstile are in Sweden on Friday (14/6) so they should be available for Wednesday at least.

1 hour ago, Ferda said:

Are Beartooth exclusive to RaR/RiP? I thought that was a German exclusive rather than EU.

On 12/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, qz3 said:

You have nailed it 😉

image.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ferda said:

You have nailed it 😉

image.png

Love Underoath, 5 years ago went to Aerodrome Festival in Prague just for them 🙂 But for now not sure about next year RfP, overall not happy about lineup. Sure, its great festival in terms of atmosphere and organisation, but lineup first 🙂

Maybe Underoath will play some solo shows in Europe, not so far from Poland, so I will have chance to see them.

• Like 1

and its Yungblud. I mean his live shows are nice, but its not headliner material. Not for festival this size.

I think Pendulum, Avril or even Sum41 would be slightly better fit for the headliner slot, but nevermind.

Comment section is burning already 💥

Edited by lukatej

Disappointed. I know Rock for People isn't only about headliners but this year even undercard is super boring and uninspired. Lots of repeats and 'regulars' who play in Czechia almost every year. And it looks like some interesting bands slipped though their fingers. Turnstile, Babymetal, Polyphia, Mudvayne, The Used, Deftones or even the bloody Avenged Sevenfold - they all haven't played in Czechia for a while. All of them are nearby and seemingly available, yet they haven't booked any of them...

Are they downsizing festival? Or spent all money on Ed Sheeran solo concert 🙂

I like when younger artist becoming headliners, im tired of 60-year old headliners 🙂 But with Youngblud... saw him few times at other festivals, and for me he is definitely not a headliner material. 

Edited by qz3

10 hours ago, Newjem said:

Disappointed. I know Rock for People isn't only about headliners but this year even undercard is super boring and uninspired. Lots of repeats and 'regulars' who play in Czechia almost every year. And it looks like some interesting bands slipped though their fingers. Turnstile, Babymetal, Polyphia, Mudvayne, The Used, Deftones or even the bloody Avenged Sevenfold - they all haven't played in Czechia for a while. All of them are nearby and seemingly available, yet they haven't booked any of them...

Available? Seems you know some insider info, spill the beans... 😉

BMTH - The Offspring - Yungblud - Maneskin (?). Really weird after 2023 line-up indeed... What surprises me the most is that they have subs like Parkway Drive and Sum 41 that could fit better in 2024 as headliners than The Offspring. If Maneskin is not the last headliner, I'm wondering who it could be... For my point of view, Queens Of The Stone Age would have been a great one but people already said in this topic the band doesn't sell so well in the area.

43 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Available? Seems you know some insider info, spill the beans... 😉

‘seemingly available’

I obviously don’t know the details but all listed artists (maybe except Deftones) are in Europe during RfP and don’t really have that busy schedules (yet). Most of them is playing at Nova Rock or Download with which the festival shares most of the names.

14 minutes ago, Archi said:

BMTH - The Offspring - Yungblud - Maneskin (?). Really weird after 2023 line-up indeed... What surprises me the most is that they have subs like Parkway Drive and Sum 41 that could fit better in 2024 as headliners than The Offspring. If Maneskin is not the last headliner, I'm wondering who it could be... For my point of view, Queens Of The Stone Age would have been a great one but people already said in this topic the band doesn't sell so well in the area.

QOTSA are definitely out. They’re headlining Colours of Ostrava.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, foolee said:

I thinks it’s a great lineup and bargain for the price! 

Yeah I mean you can't argue at the price they are asking. The issue to others will be that for the price overall, they have probably booked above their stations and been lucky with acts.

€160 though for 4 days, camping coming in just over €200. That's still about £45 a day camping included or £35ish without. Take Monumental Fest here in Sunderland area which has changed name from Kubix. For me, that's a decent lineup for £40. Similar to Hardwick charges for a bit stronger acts as it's a bit out the way. I'm 3 hours away from anything up there so for me it needs to be worth it. The Coral on Monument is the big one, just not sure I'm arsed enough to see The Kooks again after only doing so this year at Victorious. It was not a headline set however, so there will likely be songs after I wouldn't have heard. 

The Kooks, The Coral, Dodgy, The Ks, The View, Jake Bugg for £40 early bird you can't go wrong. There will likely be clashes though. But if I saw, The Kooks, The Coral, The Ks or The View then that's still decent value....but I'd spend more getting to and from the gig than on it and I'd need to hotel etc.