Playing 2 years on the bounce, happen often?

Peter_Quaife

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems to be the case that for bigger acts on the five main stages, if you release a new album between festivals then you have a chance of being rebooked, but it’s very rare that they rebook anybody on the same album/tour unless they absolutely blow up between festivals (Amy Winehouse going from middle of the day West Holts ‘07 to subbing the Pyramid ‘08 an example I can think of). 

Amy W played Pyramid in 2007 

11 hours ago, Drinky said:

The View did it twice in one festival in 2007 (Pyramid Friday, Other on Sunday - the line-up really was absolutely rotten that year, The Twang headlining John Peel feels unbelievable even now)

5 minutes ago, sedra said:

Amy W played Pyramid in 2007 

Just like The View, she pulled double duty on the Pyramid and JazzWorld - it wasn’t just the weather that made 2007 a nadir and impacted ticket sales for 2008

Edited by Drinky

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Firm favourites Mumford and the lads played 2010, 2011 and then 2013 after the fallow year in 2012.

(But yeah, it was the early 2000's that were lost years 😄 )

That was very much a band (as much as they're slated on here) "on the rise" at the time.

For what it's worth, they also (and this was the only set of theirs I actually saw) played The Departure Lounge in 2009. Tiny stage but was packed out.

2 hours ago, incident said:

That was very much a band (as much as they're slated on here) "on the rise" at the time.

For what it's worth, they also (and this was the only set of theirs I actually saw) played The Departure Lounge in 2009. Tiny stage but was packed out.

Agreed. I saw them in JP in 2010, didn't attend in '11 and they felt jaded by '13 but they were billed appropriately ... they were genuinely massive. History will be unkind to many acts that were right at the time.

Edited by ClementsMike

5 hours ago, gfa said:

chems were booked 4 years running!

(2019 live, 2020 dj canned, 2022 dj canned, 2023 dj)

probably were booked in 2021 too so thats 5

let's see if they come and do the live show in 2024

Reason for that is likely to be because Emily's hubby used to be their agent, I've been told he's no longer involved with them.

On 9/12/2023 at 12:37 PM, PassingCloud said:

Beans. Unfortunately. Controversial opinion.  😬

On 9/12/2023 at 12:39 PM, Skip997 said:

I'm with you

I forgot there's only 1 stage and you're forced to watch things you don't want to. 

18 hours ago, Drinky said:

Just like The View, she pulled double duty on the Pyramid and JazzWorld - it wasn’t just the weather that made 2007 a nadir and impacted ticket sales for 2008

playing twice at one festival became a thing when bookers were encouraged to book acts already booked for other stages. and was often a reason for a TBA at around that time, cos of trying to firm-up that 2nd booking.

On 9/13/2023 at 10:40 AM, ClementsMike said:

Firm favourites Mumford and the lads played 2010, 2011 and then 2013 after the fallow year in 2012.

(But yeah, it was the early 2000's that were lost years 😄 )

I'm pretty sure they played 4 times in 2010.  Some folks we befriended in the queue on Wednesday morning caught every performance, they were telling us when we caught up with them on the Sunday.  I was proper jealous, that first album had some good songs, and their performances had a reputation for being a joyous affair. 

I've seen them twice myself, miserable as f**k both times (2011 in the rain and 2013 being one of the most dull headline sets to ever sully the name of Glastonbury).  

8 hours ago, Spindles said:

I'm pretty sure they played 4 times in 2010.  Some folks we befriended in the queue on Wednesday morning caught every performance, they were telling us when we caught up with them on the Sunday.  I was proper jealous, that first album had some good songs, and their performances had a reputation for being a joyous affair. 

I've seen them twice myself, miserable as f**k both times (2011 in the rain and 2013 being one of the most dull headline sets to ever sully the name of Glastonbury).  

I saw them at Mad Cool in the summer and was pleasantly surprised. I think it was because my expectations were so low and the songs we're semi nostalgic after genuinely not hearing them since about 2012. I think their first album was the second I ever bought.

Strangely though they were the only performers over the weekend to have pyro and fireworks for their performance - over the likes of Robbie Williams, QOTSA, Chilli Peppers.