BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

2 hours ago, LMP said:

Local news website reporting that an Ed Sheeran lookalike popped up at several locations in town towards the end of the week, asking what people thought to R1 Big Weekend being held in Luton.

Make of that what you will!

Giving he has a show in Boston on the Friday and a show in California on the Sunday i think its fair to rule him out

19 hours ago, nathanh said:

Giving he has a show in Boston on the Friday and a show in California on the Sunday i think its fair to rule him out

Be something if the airline sold cheaper tickets to go from Massachusetts to California via Luton than flying direct.

3 minutes ago, JackGregg17 said:

With all this Catfish & The Bottlemen talk regarding new music etc, could a headline slot at Big Weekend be out of the realms of possibility? I think this and Reading/Leeds could be a perfect return with new music on the horizon.

Slot on the bill is a good possibility. Headline performance, probably not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 9:52 AM, gfa said:

I agree with the above - they have always been chummy with Radio 1 so would make a lot of sense

Weridly, something seems to have changed. Their new song 'Showtime' was supposed to premiere as Radio 1's Hottest Record last night, and billed on their website as such. But the day before it randomly changed to a new song by rapper Potter Payper.

It's not been playlisted by them either. 

On 2/23/2024 at 12:21 PM, WhoOdyssey said:

Weridly, something seems to have changed. Their new song 'Showtime' was supposed to premiere as Radio 1's Hottest Record last night, and billed on their website as such. But the day before it randomly changed to a new song by rapper Potter Payper.

It's not been playlisted by them either. 

Bit strange but don't think this one thing necessarily rules them out

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

When they announced it to be Luton did they say when tickets would go on sale / line up would be confirmed?

No only in the coming weeks I think, typically its the end of this month though from memory

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

I'd say she's very likely

She seems like exactly what they would look for in a headliner and has an album coming out that she would be on promo cycle for I would probably be willing to say its more likely than unlikely