Green Man 2024

bexj

32 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Great work. Would love to see Alvvays and Osees, hope your crystal ball gazing there turns out to be right

Osees are playing Electric Ballroom on the 15th. Alvvays are at Oya the week before, though that's at the end of a very long string of UK and European dates and they're back in America by the end of the month.

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m sure this will be widely inaccurate but whatever… 

The Smile | Jessie Ware | The The | Jesus & Mary Chain 

Ezra Collective | Beth Gibbons | Gruff Rhys | Tindersticks | Osees | Alvvays | Grandaddy | The Last Dinner Party | Yard Act | Barry Can’t Swim | Cymande 

BC Camplight, Metz, Bombino, The Mary Wallopers, Lisa O’Neill, Pigs x 7, Yaya Bey, Half Moon Run, Geese, Crack Cloud, Sherelle, Fabiana Palladino, Oscar Jerome, Wednesday, Woods, caroline, Bar Italia, Blondshell, SLIFT, Bdrmm, Kara Jackson, Mokoomba, Model/Actriz, Lucinda Chua, Bitchin Bajas, Heartworms, Kneecap, Bala Desejo, Corridor, Blue Bendy, Lambrini Girls, L’Rain, Adult Jazz, Divorce, Alogte Oho and His Sounds of Joy, Chalk, Peaness, Hotline TNT, Ducks Ltd., Muirrean Bradley, Automotion, CVC, Los Wembler’s de Iquitos, Kathryn Joseph, Tapir!, Patriarchy, Orions Belte, Brighde Chaimbeul, Maruja, Ugly, Shovel Dance Collective, The Orchestra (For Now), HTRK, Ynys, Borough Council, Humour, Beachwood Sparks, Taxi Kebab, Cerys Hafana, Whitelands, YHWH Nailgun, Trout, Christian Music. 

Is The The based on their September dates or are they about closer to the festival?

7 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Is The The based on their September dates or are they about closer to the festival?

They have a European festival date in late August as I saw it earlier but now I can’t find it ha!  I don’t think they’re that likely tbh  but was trying to think of more an unexpected name.  I’m also thinking/hoping Air could do one of their Moon Safari shows as a headline set, again v unlikely probs. 

9 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m sure this will be widely inaccurate but whatever… 

The Smile | Jessie Ware | The The | Jesus & Mary Chain 

Ezra Collective | Beth Gibbons | Gruff Rhys | Tindersticks | Osees | Alvvays | Grandaddy | The Last Dinner Party | Yard Act | Barry Can’t Swim | Cymande 

BC Camplight, Metz, Bombino, The Mary Wallopers, Lisa O’Neill, Pigs x 7, Yaya Bey, Half Moon Run, Geese, Crack Cloud, Sherelle, Fabiana Palladino, Oscar Jerome, Wednesday, Woods, caroline, Bar Italia, Blondshell, SLIFT, Bdrmm, Kara Jackson, Mokoomba, Model/Actriz, Lucinda Chua, Bitchin Bajas, Heartworms, Kneecap, Bala Desejo, Corridor, Blue Bendy, Lambrini Girls, L’Rain, Adult Jazz, Divorce, Alogte Oho and His Sounds of Joy, Chalk, Peaness, Hotline TNT, Ducks Ltd., Muirrean Bradley, Automotion, CVC, Los Wembler’s de Iquitos, Kathryn Joseph, Tapir!, Patriarchy, Orions Belte, Brighde Chaimbeul, Maruja, Ugly, Shovel Dance Collective, The Orchestra (For Now), HTRK, Ynys, Borough Council, Humour, Beachwood Sparks, Taxi Kebab, Cerys Hafana, Whitelands, YHWH Nailgun, Trout, Christian Music. 

Some great bands here. Love this. Ugly, Automotion and Tapir would be really cool!

Nothing on the EoTR line-up I'm particularly bummed about missing out on, especially as a lot have played GM in the past few years. Fever Ray would have been brill and a few on the undercard. 

23 more days...

11 minutes ago, Sebwax said:

Nothing on the EoTR line-up I'm particularly bummed about missing out on, especially as a lot have played GM in the past few years. Fever Ray would have been brill and a few on the undercard. 

23 more days...

Alot of bands taken from 2022/2023 for sure, Idles headline would of been great at GM - Hopefully Alvvays not being at EOTR is a good sign, perfect booking this year imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Is it just the top two lines we can rule out of Green Man from the EOTR poster? 

From a glance, the only two bands they shared last year were Say She She and Floodlights? 

Say She She was such a party! 

46 minutes ago, Sebwax said:

From a glance, the only two bands they shared last year were Say She She and Floodlights? 

Say She She was such a party! 

Fat Dog played at both if I recall correctly last year, and The Last Dinner Party were bizarely put on the tiny rising stage at GM, to then play the main stage at EOTR like a week or so later. Very odd. Pretty sure there were one or two more overlaps. 

I'm still unsure about Alvvays, there's been several occasions where they've been about that weekend and still not played. As someone's already said, their tour dates end the start of August and they're in Europe all summer. 

Love them to bits but I reckon it'll be another year where they could but they don't.

2 minutes ago, Sebwax said:

How high on the line-up would we expect The Decemberists and Alvvays to be? I had The Decemberists penned as a headliner but they're probably no more popular than Alvvays are these days...

The Decemberists are listed as main sub for the Death Cab/Postal Service APE over Phoenix and Gossip, which came as a surprise to many but suggests their people would have them headline. Alvvays I'd see as third down a strong Mountain or maybe low level Far Out headliner.

If I had to predict, and for some reason I'm compelled to, I'd say:

MOUNTAIN HEADLINE: The Smile, Gossip, Big Thief, Jesus & Mary Chain

MOUNTAIN SUBS: Decemberists, Cat Power Sings Dylan, Ezra Collective

FAR OUT HEADLINE: Yard Act, Osees, Blonde Redhead

LATE FAR OUT HEADLINE: Soulwax/2manydjs (in the Bicep/Confidence Man slot), James Holden, Helena Hauff

ALSO: Grandaddy, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nadine Shah, Superchunk, BC Camplight, Wednesday, Blondshell, The Mary Wallopers, Pigs x7, Los Bitchos, Crack Cloud, Bombino, Lonnie Holley, Ibibio Sound Machine, Protomartyr, Porridge Radio, Vagabon, Courting, Pip Blom, CVC (Walled Garden Thursday headliner), Lynks, bar italia, bdrmm, Heavenly (this year's surprise reformed band), Rozi Plain, Muireann Bradley, Personal Trainer, Divorce, Antony Szmierek, Panic Shack, Opus Kink, O., Hotline TNT, Shida Shahabi, Kara Jackson, Picture Parlour, Fabiana Palladino, MAN/WOMAN/CHAINSAW

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

If I had to predict, and for some reason I'm compelled to, I'd say:

MOUNTAIN HEADLINE: The Smile, Gossip, Big Thief, Jesus & Mary Chain

MOUNTAIN SUBS: Decemberists, Cat Power Sings Dylan, Ezra Collective

FAR OUT HEADLINE: Yard Act, Osees, Blonde Redhead

LATE FAR OUT HEADLINE: Soulwax/2manydjs (in the Bicep/Confidence Man slot), James Holden, Helena Hauff

ALSO: Grandaddy, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nadine Shah, Superchunk, BC Camplight, Wednesday, Blondshell, The Mary Wallopers, Pigs x7, Los Bitchos, Crack Cloud, Bombino, Lonnie Holley, Ibibio Sound Machine, Protomartyr, Porridge Radio, Vagabon, Courting, Pip Blom, CVC (Walled Garden Thursday headliner), Lynks, bar italia, bdrmm, Heavenly (this year's surprise reformed band), Rozi Plain, Muireann Bradley, Personal Trainer, Divorce, Antony Szmierek, Panic Shack, Opus Kink, O., Hotline TNT, Shida Shahabi, Kara Jackson, Picture Parlour, Fabiana Palladino, MAN/WOMAN/CHAINSAW

I'm still hopelessly throwing MGMT out there as a wild card as they've said somewhere they aren't touring the album this year but they have done more sort of artsy low key things in the past and if they wanted to do a fest exclusive at Green Man that would be real polite of them .

Otherwise I reckon The Smile and Big Thief strong and possibly Decemberists or Phoenix for Thursday Headliner because that energy on day one would be super! Really hope not Jesus and Mary Chain because ngl that'd be a bit of a buzzkill to end a night at.

In general lineup glad you've thrown Divorce in there and Ratboys would also be a good addition I'm crossing fingers for! Also hoping for some Phosphorescent now they've made the EotR cut.

Would it be worth considering Belle and Sebastian on the line up somewhere.. would be a good alternative for the thursday headline slot if it isn't Jesus & Mary Chain. No dates in the UK as of yet except one Glasgow show at the start of Aug so theoretically free

• Like 1