Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

1 hour ago, John L said:

Is this a complete guess or an educated guess? I’ve not seen anything that states the Seaside Stage is back this year? 

To be fair, I think its a educated guess.

The Seaside stage or as us locals call it The Bandstand was closed in early 2022, as this field  was used to house machinery and materials during the construction of the new costal defenses around the castle. This section of the works is due to be completed in Spring 2024, therefore should be reopened for the summer.

Last August, with the bulk of the heavy lifting work completed, they removed all the machinery and re-seeded the field, so it would be back to normal ready for the summer 2024, as the area is used every weekend over the summer for free music events.

So the bandstand or as Victorious call it the Seaside Stage, will be available to use again.

Whether they use it, is another thing, but on victorious website, they state it will be back once the costal work is completed.

Edited by kelstar
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kelstar said:

To be fair, I think its a educated guess.

The Seaside stage or as us locals call it The Bandstand was closed in early 2022, as this field  was used to house machinery and materials during the construction of the new costal defenses around the castle. This section of the works is due to be completed in Spring 2024, therefore should be reopened for the summer.

Last August, with the bulk of the heavy lifting work completed, they removed all the machinery and re-seeded the field, so it would be back to normal ready for the summer 2024, as the area is used every weekend over the summer for free music events.

So the bandstand or as Victorious call it the Seaside Stage, will be available to use again.

Whether they use it, is another thing, but on victorious website, they state it will be back once the costal work is completed.

The key would be whether or not the Sunday at the bandstand days start up again. Rhythm of the 90s will be the sign. 😂

1 hour ago, eatingglitter said:

The key would be whether or not the Sunday at the bandstand days start up again. Rhythm of the 90s will be the sign. 😂

They won’t book them anymore as it gets too busy! Were you at victorious when they had them on the common stage? That was mental x

Beats & Swing Headliners confirmed.

Fri - DUB FX (Beats & Swing Headliner)

Sat- GROOVE ARMADA (DJ SET) (Beats & Swing Headliner)

Sun - PROFESSOR GREEN (Beats & Swing Headliner)

Oh dear, just saw a large version of the poster and noticed that all the above names had the fact they were the headliners next to them. It does not show so well a small phone version 😃

Edited by Dales
Shared already known knowledge

13 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

Haha yeah. Pompey loves the 90s genre as much as it loves Ken’s. 😝

Kens isnt as good as the old days, when it was only one shop in Osbourne Road, we would do the drunk walk from 5th to Ken's.(Showing my age here ) hahahax

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

Kens isnt as good as the old days, when it was only one shop in Osbourne Road, we would do the drunk walk from 5th to Ken's.(Showing my age here ) hahahax

Haha, Ken's is an enigma. I used to like the one on Albert Road. I'd always get free chicken strips because my boyfriend (now husband) used to have IT with the guy who was usually serving. #goodolddays

The line up this year is decent, but it's nothing outstanding. But compared to the other Superstruct festivals it's way ahead. The headliners this year are stronger than last year, but the undercard is missing some of those more funky names we had last year like Pale waves & Friendly Fires. I'm probably going to go as it's a nice festival, so let's see if they have any more names in store.

Girl in Red would be a nice addition as she's touring this summer.

I was hoping for a bit more heritage Indie like Franz Ferdinand/Travis/Echo and the Bunnymen but there doesn’t seem room for much more on the two main stages. I’ll be asking for recommendations on the newer bands…

The Last Dinner Party’s album was out today and sounds like it would be great live. See they are at Reading on the Saturday and Leeds on Sunday. Wonder if a trip to Pompey on the Friday might be possible? 

• Like 1

Looking at the poster, Sunday still looks pretty light, I do reckon theres one more announcement with castle/common acts to come, 

Alot of you are right we are missing some star power and bigger indie acts

Feels so bizarre seeing acts in the same place they were the last time they played i.e james bay, despite no real growth in popularity since, sugababes that high on the poster seems abit much too even though I absolutely adore them

Surely some bigger indie/surprising additions in a late feb/march announcement?

8 hours ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Looking at the poster, Sunday still looks pretty light, I do reckon theres one more announcement with castle/common acts to come, 

Alot of you are right we are missing some star power and bigger indie acts

Feels so bizarre seeing acts in the same place they were the last time they played i.e james bay, despite no real growth in popularity since, sugababes that high on the poster seems abit much too even though I absolutely adore them

Surely some bigger indie/surprising additions in a late feb/march announcement?

I can’t see there being many (if any) further big names. Since any of these acts played last time, Victorious has moved from 2 full days + common to 3 full days. They made a conscious decision last year to spend the same money on more acts spread over the weekend. 

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure as a guarantee on Sunday for example:

Biffy Clyro, Becky Hill, The Kooks, James Bay, Softplay, Yard Act, Arlo Parks, Wet Leg, Natasha Bedingfield, The Pigeon Detectives, The Hunna, The Futureheads, Brooke Combe, Tom A Smith and Red Rum Club will all be on the 2 big stages.  Thats 15 acts as a min and there were a total of 17 acts on the main stages.  

Honestly id be amazed if there’s more than a handful of main stage acts over the whole weekend to be announced 

I believe we will get a 3rd announcement but as others have said, I don’t think we get any big/huge names.

as Sisco said, if we look at the Sunday, if his prediction is correct, we have most of the Common & Castle acts. 

but the posters from last year had all the Common, Castle, 4/5acts for acoustic, 2/3 acts for beats, and couple for world music for the Saturday for example.

While we may not get any big names, we may get some more acts for these kind of stages.

And the headliner a few years back for seaside, if it comes back was Clean Bandit

After Mumfords were announced this is effectively the next announcement to where we are now from last year. I think McFly were added as secret guests later, so really there doesn’t look to be much more for the two main stages.

The reintroduction of the Seaside Stage/Bandstand could change that a bit, but while our local festival goers reckon it’s geographically possible, there’s been nothing from the organisers to suggest it’s happening.

IMG_1371.png

On 1/31/2024 at 4:20 PM, eatingglitter said:

Just seen that the Costal scheme want to open up the bandstand field for April, and the new costal path from June (if they run on time)

Looks like we may have bandstand back at the bandstand 🤞🏻

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2024 at 5:54 PM, John L said:

I was hoping for a bit more heritage Indie like Franz Ferdinand/Travis/Echo and the Bunnymen but there doesn’t seem room for much more on the two main stages. I’ll be asking for recommendations on the newer bands…

I know Travis have their main commitment in opening for The Killers on their arenas run.

Less sure as to what Franz are doing. I think they have something new on the way.

I live about a mile from the farlington fields camp site: And was shopping at the weekend in my local supermarket, Sainsburys (next to the campsite-down the road)

Just to update anyone camping, they are putting in a Costa Coffee, in the Sainsburys. No date of opening, which I have seen, but the signs have gone up outside the area inside Sainsburys. Also to say, sainsburys has a hot food counter, with pizzas, sausage rolls, wings etc and a yo sushi counter, as well as the usual bits and pieces.

Anyone else thinking of camping, there are also a couple of food vans near the camp site, which may be a lot cheaper than onsite.

28 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I am camping and what is this about shuttle bus fees?

A weekend camping ticket is the same price as non camping ticket for an adult, however if you chose to camp, you need to know the following

If you park in the campsite parking its £25.00 for weekend (Free street parking is a little bit of a trek with all your camp stuff)

If you use the campsite buses to go to festival, it costs £35 per adult plus booking fee

Edited by kelstar

On 2/2/2024 at 5:54 PM, John L said:

The Last Dinner Party’s album was out today and sounds like it would be great live. See they are at Reading on the Saturday and Leeds on Sunday. Wonder if a trip to Pompey on the Friday might be possible? 

If they are Playing Reading and Leeds its extremely unlikely