Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

7 hours ago, sisco said:

Sadly the worst social media in the history of the world aren’t doing that! Still confused why they don’t make more effort 

The 3 guys who said they wanted to start Victorious up to replace V festival and make it the same as the earlier V's took it too far when they copied V festival's non existent social media. 

The two worst social media for festivals ever. By far.

9 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

The 3 guys who said they wanted to start Victorious up to replace V festival and make it the same as the earlier V's took it too far when they copied V festival's non existent social media. 

The two worst social media for festivals ever. By far.

Agreed.  Should be building up the next announcement, some teasers etc… 

Hey ho, maybe they’re content with what they do and the numbers they sell.  Might be wrong but never really seen any freebies/cheap tickets doing the rounds 

7 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

Portsmouth is an amazing city with so much going on. I still find it is still trying to break free of the old stereotypes though. Ask anybody who hasn't been to the city what they think of it and it won't be "Hideaway Coffee, Victorious Nattys, Video Game cafe, designer outlet shops", it'll be "Drunks and sailors". There's been a lot of work done to push the city and Victorious has been at the heart of it, but it's still not what many people would consider a "go to" destination. 

More of Natty's Chicken Pon Fries for us though, lol

Shush, don't tell them! 😂 Jerk jackfruit and rice & peas for me please

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Paloma Faith releasing new music, done Victorious before and is in UK that weekend. She could fit an afternoon slot.

There’s loads that fit them special guest spots this year.  Really looking forward to the 2nd release so we can work out if we’re doing more than the Biffy day 

On 1/26/2024 at 6:18 PM, sisco said:

Might be wrong but never really seen any freebies/cheap tickets doing the rounds 

Am considering VF this year for a one and done thing if I hit upon a cheap ticket or discount offer traded on Twickets etc close to the dates — no chance for this one?

22 minutes ago, zzzfest2.0 said:

Am considering VF this year for a one and done thing if I hit upon a cheap ticket or discount offer traded on Twickets etc close to the dates — no chance for this one?

I guess there might be but I’ve not really looked as we genuinely get early birds.  Others might be able to help with info?

6 hours ago, zzzfest2.0 said:

Cheers.

Does anybody else have info?

There are always people on the Victorious Facebook groups the days around the festival selling off tickets because they can’t go. I have not seen it listed on Twickets and currently not listed for this year either. 

1 hour ago, Dg_vic said:

There are always people on the Victorious Facebook groups the days around the festival selling off tickets because they can’t go. I have not seen it listed on Twickets and currently not listed for this year either. 

Obviously take care if buying tickets off Facebook etc. There are a LOT of scammers about.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John L said:

Obviously take care if buying tickets off Facebook etc. There are a LOT of scammers about.

Definitely. I wouldn't buy a ticket via social media unless it was from a friend, or friend of a friend. Absolutely full of scammers.

12 hours ago, sedra said:

In case anyone was looking to book the university accommodation this is now available to book! Rees Hall and Burrell House literally across the road to Southsea Common. 

They've been on sale for three weeks, so anyone looking for a double room will be out of luck, they sold out in about ten minutes. I've booked a single room for four nights at Rees Hall, so convenient for the festival, and much less expensive than a hotel anywhere near the festival site.

12 hours ago, zzzfest2.0 said:

Victorious never seem to sell out, you can always buy a ticket, but you can get cheaper tickets via Facebook groups. The actual Victorious pages or a group called Victorious Festival (chat, banter and information) but there are so many scammers on these pages inbetween some genuine sellers. Who have bought early bird and had a change of circumstances or just don’t like the line up. But be very careful. Tickets are released about 2-4weeks before via email. Personally I not heard of people buying via Twickets

Hi,

Many thanks folks for the tips. No, I have never bought a ticket via social media myself, and hopefully never will.

Sounds like Victorious tickets are hardly listed on Twickets or other popular secondary market platforms for some reason, unlike Green Man, EOTR etc. I wonder why. Victorious is a much bigger festival than the latter two for example, drawing a bigger crowd which means more spare tickets should be available…theoretically. The reality is not.

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I cannot stress enough how bad an idea it is to get a ticket from social media from someone you don't know. Check Twickets if you're trying for cheaper. If you go to social media then you're asking to get mugged off.

Just to clarify my point above. Don’t buy off social media. My point is there is no official ‘cheaper’ reseller like Twickets, so full price is the only real option. Organisers decide whether they are listed on Twickets or not. I suspect the victorious organisers know there a decent number of no shows, but they have paid so no loss to them. 

9 minutes ago, Frangipane said:

Does anyone know if there is a particular day this week on which they'll announce the second wave of acts? I can't remember from previous years.

For some reason I think it’s Thursday/Friday but I might be guessing.  Anyway…. 1 day down, 4 days to go

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Frangipane said:

Does anyone know if there is a particular day this week on which they'll announce the second wave of acts? I can't remember from previous years.

I think its anyone's guess this year, as they not really followed their usual pattern. But if they do stick to a time, they always would announce around 10am (As I am usually on my tea break at work)

I'm going for 10am Wednesday!

Edited by kelstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

So I’ve been sad and looked through and 3 of the last 5 main announcements have been Tuesday.  (1 for Thursday + 1 friday)

They probably announce at 6pm Friday now, throw all our guesses out haha!

2 hours ago, sisco said:

So I’ve been sad and looked through and 3 of the last 5 main announcements have been Tuesday.  (1 for Thursday + 1 friday)

Doubt Thursday as Boardmaster is that day. Think Tuesday at a guess with the usual 10am.

• Like 1