Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

56 minutes ago, Dales said:

Its fairly poor that Y Not get Noel and we do not. I think he is suggested almost every year as a shoe in. I thought he would be a perfect headliner for Victorious and maybe a name they smallerSuperstruct event might not have.

It's made worse that one of our headliners is Jamie T who is headlining lots of smaller festivals, He now looks a very poor choice for Victorious. It would have looked better if he was not everywhere else. A real lazy booking, not so bad if he was  Castle.

Obviously Jamie T is a Superstruct block booking and yes very lazy.  Expect him to rock up at Kendal too to complete the set.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Its fairly poor that Y Not get Noel and we do not. I think he is suggested almost every year as a shoe in. I thought he would be a perfect headliner for Victorious and maybe a name they smallerSuperstruct event might not have.

It's made worse that one of our headliners is Jamie T who is headlining lots of smaller festivals, He now looks a very poor choice for Victorious. It would have looked better if he was not everywhere else. A real lazy booking, not so bad if he was  Castle.

Would it have looked better if Pixies and Jamie T swapped stages? Don’t forget you also have Courteeners who are certainly headline level for the more Northern festivals. 

3 hours ago, Dales said:

Honestly I thought Victorious had done well with headers of Fatboy/SP, Jamie T and Biffy however that initial feeling has been massively diluted knowing Jamie T and Snow Patrol are basically playing everyone.  Biffy is a very good booking but Fatboy is everywhere all the time so very meh too.

I think they really do need to pull some good special guests out although I reckon it’ll be the likes of Busted and Rick Astley.

I don’t know if Noel is doing anything else over the Victorious dates but you’re right it was an obvious booking to get especially if he’s doing another Superstruct event.  Odd they didn’t get him

1 hour ago, John L said:

Would it have looked better if Pixies and Jamie T swapped stages? Don’t forget you also have Courteeners who are certainly headline level for the more Northern festivals. 

No…

3 hours ago, Dales said:

In all fairness Noel has headlined before. I prefer to see different headliners. 

1 hour ago, John L said:

I would saw yes. In my mind they are much better bookings and at the moment appear to bemore select bookings. That could all change once lots more festivals announce their lineups.

Superstruct are certainly trying to build Victorious up as a sort of UK flagship brand for them and so it does look weak if their mainstage headliner is the same as all their smaller festivals. Only my view and anyway I will be watching Pixies. It just seems odd to me to have Jamie T everwhere rather then what Superstruct usually do and have them at the same festivals but over a few years.

38 minutes ago, Dales said:

I would saw yes. In my mind they are much better bookings and at the moment appear to bemore select bookings. That could all change once lots more festivals announce their lineups.

Superstruct are certainly trying to build Victorious up as a sort of UK flagship brand for them and so it does look weak if their mainstage headliner is the same as all their smaller festivals. Only my view and anyway I will be watching Pixies. It just seems odd to me to have Jamie T everwhere rather then what Superstruct usually do and have them at the same festivals but over a few years.

I expected Jamie T to do some last year too so maybe he’s made it clear he’ll velvet going back into hiding after this and they’ve used him as a cheap all in one booking.  Really doesn’t look good for Victorious though in my opinion. Guess at least they’ve got Biffy as their standalone option.

And I know there’s Pixies fans here but they’re 3rd down on an APE day, no chance they could have headlined this. 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

And I know there’s Pixies fans here but they’re 3rd down on an APE day, no chance they could have headlined this. 

Yeah, their position at APE is mind boggling and i am surprised they took it. Did wonder if it was a bit of a way to undermine your rivals. I thought they were a great get for Victorious but when playing 3rd down at APE the same day it rather devalues any kudos in booking them.

1 minute ago, Dales said:

Yeah, their position at APE is mind boggling and i am surprised they took it. Did wonder if it was a bit of a way to undermine your rivals. I thought they were a great get for Victorious but when playing 3rd down at APE the same day it rather devalues any kudos in booking them.

I’m hoping Victorious pull out a couple of other big acts but I think top 4 are done for the Friday, top 3 for Saturday and then I guess top 2 for Sunday.  Not much room for other big acts so that’s why I’m hoping for something good in the special guest spots 

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m hoping Victorious pull out a couple of other big acts but I think top 4 are done for the Friday, top 3 for Saturday and then I guess top 2 for Sunday.  Not much room for other big acts so that’s why I’m hoping for something good in the special guest spots 

At the moment I'm set on Friday is the only day for me.

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

That’s my least fav day so far. Hoping we’ll get another announcement in the next couple of weeks

Outside of Friday, I'd say The Pigeon Detectives are my main one and they were just OK at Y Not last year. 

I mean Saturday is by far less so if I had to choose from Saturday or Sunday

Just now, Frangipane said:

Is there likely to be much crossover between the undercard of Truck, and that of Victorious? I'd love to see The Wytches, The Magic Gang and Fat Dog added.

I don't even know if Truck is part of the Superstruct.

8 minutes ago, Frangipane said:

Is there likely to be much crossover between the undercard of Truck, and that of Victorious? I'd love to see The Wytches, The Magic Gang and Fat Dog added.

Yes there will be

• Like 1

Let’s hope we have some good afternoon special guests and headliners on the Beats, Seaside (should be back this year) and acoustic.

So far not very impressed, so staying hopeful!

Tom Grennan has played Victorious twice before, once on acoustic, and once on castle.

20 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Let’s hope we have some good afternoon special guests and headliners on the Beats, Seaside (should be back this year) and acoustic.

So far not very impressed, so staying hopeful!

Tom Grennan has played Victorious twice before, once on acoustic, and once on castle.

Would not surprise me at all if Tom Grennan and Rick Astley are 2 of the special guests, I also thought Busted too.  The Kooks maybe in the frame as well.

Shall keep an eye out on the Tramlies, Y Not and Kendall lineups this week as that should give us more clues 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Would not surprise me at all if Tom Grennan and Rick Astley are 2 of the special guests, I also thought Busted too.  The Kooks maybe in the frame as well.

Shall keep an eye out on the Tramlies, Y Not and Kendall lineups this week as that should give us more clues 

If Grennan was Friday I may make the trip and drive to Bournemouth Sandbanks after for a trip.