Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

15 hours ago, reetrokev said:

am i missing something.have catfish reformed? massive fan but with 2 of band gone and no new news. not headliners or not main anyway

14 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

I've asked this on another thread and never got an answer, they are apparently back but I can't find any evidence 

they have made something on companies house, its van mccann and a whole new band

---

Fatboy Slim won't headline outright, he will do a closing set after a headliner

59 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fatboy Slim won't headline outright, he will do a closing set after a headliner

Does the festival run late enough for that?

I can understand European festivals to have an act after a headliner, if the main stage runs to 1am or 2am. But when a curfew of 11pm, your headliner will be coming on at 7.30pm. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Does the festival run late enough for that?

I can understand European festivals to have an act after a headliner, if the main stage runs to 1am or 2am. But when a curfew of 11pm, your headliner will be coming on at 7.30pm. 

Other fests that go till around 11 have done it before e.g. Latitude.

IOW also do it - George Ezra (main headliner) was on around 8pm ish this year.

Not impossible i think - its becoming increasingly common to do this in the uk

Edited by gfa

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

Other fests that go till around 11 have done it before e.g. Latitude.

IOW also do it - George Ezra (main headliner) was on around 8pm ish this year.

Oh right, seems a bit odd. 

Although I think in relation to iow, ezra was joint headliner and not main headliner. 

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

Oh right, seems a bit odd. 

Although I think in relation to iow, ezra was joint headliner and not main headliner. 

True - although they did it before in 2019 and ezra was definitely the main one with FBS as guest

Isle Of Wight Festival 2019 - First Acts Line Up Announced ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

True - although they did it before in 2019 and ezra was definitely the main one with FBS as guest

Isle Of Wight Festival 2019 - First Acts Line Up Announced ...

I wonder if it's just for weak headliners? Or not traditional headliners anyway. Ezra in 2019 would of been seen as a weak headliner, perhaps needed a closer to help with ticket sales. 

Where the likes of noel and biffy in 2019 didn't need that, they probably do in 2023. 

Anyhow I've been proven wrong. 😄

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not sure if I should be offended I've been called a "nutter" or concerned you're suggesting I be shot instead. 🤣

Surely you weren't the person who originally dug this up?

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Surely you weren't the person who originally dug this up?

Not on this occasion, though I did hit upon a Companies House listing around the time of the Spice Girls reunion before the pandemic. Didn't think anything of it at the time, to be honest; had been searching something else and just found it odd.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:35 PM, John L said:

Is Fatboy Slim really big enough to headline a Festival of this size? I’m a bit out of touch these days but it seems like a bit of a stretch? Castle Stage maybe? 

Rudimental and The Streets have both headlined sadly and I'd put Fatboy probably on par with the Streets and above Rudimental (possibly the worst booking ever, mind you I was at Bloc Party on castle stage, who were awesome)

Suppose it all matters on who is available and who is charging what fee.

Some years Victorious looks stacked and other years looks weak in this regard

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Maybe so. I'm still in that weird camp where I feel MSE headline is perfect for them, but I'm also geographically blinkered - I know they'd play for gangbusters up north, but suffer a slow demise down south.

I am assuming MSE headliner courteeners was a typo right

On 11/21/2023 at 5:38 PM, luckysalt said:

Btw, seeing Courteeners at TRNSMT again, surely could be in with a shout at Victorious this year? 

Never played, played IOW last year, no Neighbourhood fest, only thing stopping it would be if they're at Reading. 

They're aren't playing Reading as Lytham is a northern exclusive so they won't be doing Leeds