Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

22 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Just been to the island today, it’s looking amazing! Grass is green as ever

So many dogs ❤️

It feels kind of unfair to take the island from them for at least a month or so.

32 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

that is what we call " an exclusivity ", some festivals are willing to pay for that 😉 

Was it a European exclusive? I was looking at news articles but neither I found info about exclusivity or plans for future dates. They usually add that onto the poster if it’s an exclusive, and it’s not the case here, hence I think the rest of the dates are in the plans now.

So based on what you guys saying, Maneskin is literally the only possible band? They leave this anticipation for… Maneskin? Also when this is the already weakest day?

I guess that’s the way then.

21 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Was it a European exclusive? I was looking at news articles but neither I found info about exclusivity or plans for future dates. They usually add that onto the poster if it’s an exclusive, and it’s not the case here, hence I think the rest of the dates are in the plans now.

So based on what you guys saying, Maneskin is literally the only possible band? They leave this anticipation for… Maneskin? Also when this is the already weakest day?

I guess that’s the way then.

if they don't have any other EU dates... we'll know ^^

And I agree, for a band that can headline, I only see Maneskin.

39 minutes ago, Akujin said:

The thing is they're not European exlusive oficially but they're not planning more dates either. It's been 5 months since the first Download poster was released. If they planned any EU dates, they would be announced by now. They are just finishing their tour for the last album which also included European dates in the autumn of 2023. I guess they want to spend rest of the year with their families and are just doing 'the prestige headline slots' at Download and WWWY.

13 hours ago, Matt86 said:

if they don't have any other EU dates... we'll know ^^

And I agree, for a band that can headline, I only see Maneskin.

I assume it's one of three things:

- the act has a tour they have to sell out before they are announced

- they don't actually have an act 100% signed up as yet

- it's Blur or No Doubt and Coachella are preventing an announcement until their second weekend is finished on 21/4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, So Sad Simon said:

- it's Blur or No Doubt and Coachella are preventing an announcement until their second weekend is finished on 21/4

Blur would be awesome too... I totally forgot they're playing Coachella

4 minutes ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

21 Savage is in europe for the summer, he is playing Leeds 22 and Finland 16. Could be the remaining headliner

He won't... we already know the remaining headliner is a band, not a solo artist

Edited by #1SzigetFan

46 minutes ago, QuintenH said:

ticket sales? I don't think the daily tickets are going very fast. is that worrying?

They seems to be going at there usual pace, they've also only been out 6 days.

It is perhaps telling its the non guitar bands that are selling. Perhaps organisers know more about festivals the the efests forum. 😃

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

Would Armin Van Burren be to big to headline the party arena? He is doing the rounds at creamfields late August, tomorrowland in July. 

He isn't doing Balaton either. 

but he is doing another Hungarian festival in August

29 minutes ago, thetime said:

Would Armin Van Burren be to big to headline the party arena? He is doing the rounds at creamfields late August, tomorrowland in July. 

He isn't doing Balaton either. 

Well I mean the only “band” currently is Liam which is absolute ass in Hungary (main day ticket buyers). So not really a fair assessment.

And yeah the last day is bar far the strongest with two strong headliners. Martin can still pull apparently.

But Halsey and the Janelle, Sam Smith combo also not doing well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thetime said:

It is perhaps telling its the non guitar bands that are selling. Perhaps organisers know more about festivals the the efests forum. 😃

I meant to quote this lol

55 minutes ago, kramrojam said:

but he is doing another Hungarian festival in August

I see, wasn't popping up on his tour dates. 

That's a no then, he would of been headliner anyway. 

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, thetime said:

If their target audience is indeed Gen Z and young millenials, I am telling u, as a zoomer, that the most bands mentioned here are not appealing (don’t mean to sound rude or something..its just that most of us really don’t listen to that). However, each year’s line up seems pretty diverse to me. I think the problem is that the attendees expect to get like 5 acts they like each day, and as much as that is wonderful, it is impossible. I have never in my life attended a festival that had more than 6-7 acts I (kinda) like, and again, I’m saying this as a zoomer, the generation yall insist the line up si dedicated to completely.

And I know we’re most likely to enjoy music we’ve grown up with, but I really hope each of you finds as many acts to enjoy as possible, even if they are not bands<3

Edited by rowexx

On 3/27/2024 at 11:58 AM, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

No. Couple more names are missing atm.

So two more acts to cover slots on main stage and A38 (Revolut?) and then that's it for those stages?

Does this mean we cant / won't get all three of Jungle / Charli / Wednesday headliner as there aren't enough slots remaining.

I assume, after two slots in A38, that Jungle aren't big enough to headline on the Wednesday?

20 hours ago, billybigballs said:

So two more acts to cover slots on main stage and A38 (Revolut?) and then that's it for those stages?

Does this mean we cant / won't get all three of Jungle / Charli / Wednesday headliner as there aren't enough slots remaining.

I assume, after two slots in A38, that Jungle aren't big enough to headline on the Wednesday?

How do we know that?

We've got about 10 names announced for the first day, about 15 names for the rest of the days.

Party Arena has 6-8 names a day, Main Stage has 4 names, A38/Revolut/whatever has like 6-8, then there's Europe Stage, Dropyard, etc. We'll might get a headliner, a sub, and a few A38 names for the first day then, and probably some other names for other days, won't we?

Edited by kristofm

56 minutes ago, kristofm said:

How do we know that?

We've got about 10 names announced for the first day, about 15 names for the rest of the days.

Party Arena has 6-8 names a day, Main Stage has 4 names, A38/Revolut/whatever has like 6-8, then there's Europe Stage, Dropyard, etc. We'll might get a headliner, a sub, and a few A38 names for the first day then, and probably some other names for other days, won't we?

Tom is the sub on first day.

30 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

are you sure about that? I don't see why would he get that spot?

He is defo sub. Last year we had subs like AJR, Carson Coma, Yung Lean.

One huge hit song is enough for sub spot at Sziget.