Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

what I find particularly concerning is how many names they are ‘promoting’ up to headliners. Liam Gallagher, Stormzy, Halsey, Janelle - all ‘promoted’ to headliners when on a normal year they would probably be subs. 

This way they can have 8 headliners for 5 days on the poster

Just now, ketomika22 said:

headliners is one thing. could be better, but its not really amazing anywhere this summer.

but oh man the undercards, so many f**king amazing bands all around, and Sziget could get maybe 2 or 3.

where are all the instruments, eh?

It’s cheaper for them to book solo artists and DJS. That’s why there’s so few bands this year

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

It’s cheaper for them to book solo artists and DJS. That’s why there’s so few bands this year

I understand. still shame tho. the quality drop compared to '18 and '19 is shocking. I know, covid f**ked sziget hard, etc. but this is sad. two-three whole categories below and worse

1 minute ago, kristofm said:

Anyone knows any bands among these new names that play the guitar? I'd like to check them out.

Punk, metal, indiepop, anything. Female fronted, male fronted, i don't mind.

we will probably have to go to Europe stage to hear some guitars

Just now, kramrojam said:

Before everyone starts to sell their tickets...we are still missing hell a lot of acts 🙂

But how long do you or they expect people to keep waiting? We’re at end of March. Flight prices are rising, accommodation rising.

it’s unrealistic to keep waiting now. If they can’t present a strong second wave, then it’s time to look elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, kramrojam said:

Before everyone starts to sell their tickets...we are still missing hell a lot of acts 🙂

Im sorry mate, but you have to be at least mildly naive to think its going to get any better with a third wave announcement

7 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Anyone knows any bands among these new names that play the guitar? I'd like to check them out.

Editors

7 minutes ago, kristofm said:

I think only Liam Gallagher, Editors, Yves Tumor, Mannequin Pussy in today's announcement 😬

16 minutes ago, ketomika22 said:

headliners is one thing. could be better, but its not really amazing anywhere this summer.

but oh man the undercards, so many f**king amazing bands all around, and Sziget could get maybe 2 or 3.

where are all the instruments, eh?

This is my issue too, Liam, Fontaines, Editors, Yard Act. Will enjoy them all but expected more.

16 minutes ago, sandorbeni said:

This way they can have 8 headliners for 5 days on the poster

I really hate Sziget’s way of doimg headliners. Like wtf even is co-headlining. Reminds me of the office when they were “co-managing”. 

There is ONE headliner for a stage, the one that’s in the final spot. That’s why it’s called a “head”, because there is one of it unless you were born in Chernobyl.

5 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I think only Liam Gallagher, Editors, Yves Tumor, Mannequin Pussy in today's announcement 😬

Well that's pretty embarrassing isn't it

Especially because there's Idles, Placebo, Offpsring, Kooks, Keane, Two Door Cinema Club around in August...

We're debating Queens of the Stone Age and Strokes and we get Liam Gallagher.

Like, wtf.

I think I'm normally a person who understands that there's different needs and line ups are subjective and all but daamn. I think this is one of the most underwhelming bunch in the past few years. (This second phase, not the first one.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Do you mean just the new names? From the first announcement Grandson is relatively unkown here but amazing.

2 minutes ago, Akujin said:

I really hate Sziget’s way of doimg headliners. Like wtf even is co-headlining. Reminds me of the office when they were “co-managing”. 

There is ONE headliner for a stage, the one that’s in the final spot. That’s why it’s called a “head”, because there is one of it unless you were born in Chernobyl.

This really frustrated me last year when Lorde & Macklemore were put as co-headliners, but Lorde got a 20 minute shorter set than Macklemore did, which was quite unjustified, as she filled 90 minutes at Coura/Boardmasters/Flow Festival. I wish they'd just put her on her own day last year rather than this co-headline nonsense which is why I personally also hate this idea of sharing 2 headliners on the same day, as one of them always ends up with a shorter set