northernangel

10 hours ago, Solidgold said:

Read somewhere so it falls on second week of school summer holidays. Hopefully more sun, less rain. July seems like wettest month of the year.

10 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yeah change of month maybe change of weather. Always seems to be on a knife edge for a mud bath.

They deserve a break with the weather.

It has been the worst July weather wise I've known to be honest. Doesn't bother me either way. I'm interested in either this or Y Not again so for anyone who has done both, feel free to share opinions.

Weren't there a few of the bigger / mid sized festivals on the same weekend this year? I wonder if it's something to do with that, suppliers spread too thinly etc etc. It's been noted there were far fewer catering options this year. 

11 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Weren't there a few of the bigger / mid sized festivals on the same weekend this year? I wonder if it's something to do with that, suppliers spread too thinly etc etc. It's been noted there were far fewer catering options this year. 

Toilet queues were way too long across the site. Could do with a few more portaloos.

On 8/3/2023 at 2:31 PM, Tom Connolly said:

any early shouts for headliners? Noel Gallagher, Wolf Alice, Two Door and Madness on the Thursday is my very early prediction

Noel and Wolf Alice would be amazing and I'd be in without question. 

I'd love Snow Patrol or Travis also, though I'd expect maybe a Rudimental/Streets type act 

That said, unless the lineup is really not to our tastes, which is unlikely, we'll probably be going whatever happens

Edited by efcfanwirral

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not that I'm aware of, just have shared a headliner a few times (Kasabian 23, Stereophonics 22, Libertines 18, Stereophonics 17, Noel G 16)... more a case of gives an indication what acts are headlining this (similairish) size festival next year

5 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Does Kendal calling have any ties to victorious?

2 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

there’s almost no chance of Biffy but that would be sensational 

Victorious is a very similar sized, albeit a little larger festival but they’re both under the owners of Superstruct. Wouldn’t be surprised if Biffy played Kendal, a southern show at Victorious and a northern show at Kendal would make sense on top of what ever their own touring plans are next year.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Noticed Kendal are active on the socials again in the new year.

Headline predictions: Biffy (Thursday upgrade), Keane, Libertines, Richard Ashcroft

Libs would be the Thursday night out of them 4 surely