Tramlines 2024

sheffinghell

9 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

He headlined Sunday at YNot, which is a similar size (and same organisers). The setlist was pretty jazzy/soulful, big touring band, piano/Hammond. For that type of show, headline is the only spot that makes sense.

Would jazzy stuff play well to the average Tramlines crowd? I'm guessing to a point.

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

Not too sure on what the licensing on the name will be like but the building will still remain open as a venue. Think that electric music group have said they wanted to move away from the club nights to it being more focused on gigs again. The only real thing threatened by the take over was it loosing it's independent status which it's owners made out would be the end of the venue forever and seemed willing to take down the venue itself and all it's staff with them. Honestly, if it's going to move towards booking a variety of shows again it might actually be a positive result for the gig culture in Sheffield.

Oh, really? Intriguing.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:05 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Back on topic - Paul Weller. Yay or nay for this joint?

Is this a substantiated rumour or just an open question ?

I have seen Weller 3 times in last 18 months including the Y Not set and he has certainly got his mojo back. 

Would fit the Sunday headline slot ideally at Tramlines.  Past Sunday headliners have been Paul Heaton, Supergrass, Madness and Nile Rodgers.

59 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Is this a substantiated rumour or just an open question ?

I have seen Weller 3 times in last 18 months including the Y Not set and he has certainly got his mojo back. 

Would fit the Sunday headline slot ideally at Tramlines.  Past Sunday headliners have been Paul Heaton, Supergrass, Madness and Nile Rodgers.

Open question! But thank you! 

6 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Gerry Cinnamon surely well in with a shout for Tramlines. Would fit the Friday/Saturday night indie headliners that Tramlines loves, and is playing TRNSMT so about next summer. 

Given he appears to be abnormally massive in Scotland, this probably is around the right size.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I did wonder if Girls Aloud might have skipped Sheffield for that reason.

The Front Bottoms in Oxford, that famously northern locale.

Should have moved over to Leeds really but I suspect it was a case of The Academy Group offered them O2 Oxford for the same date and it was just the easiest alternative. 

50 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Should have moved over to Leeds really but I suspect it was a case of The Academy Group offered them O2 Oxford for the same date and it was just the easiest alternative. 

I was hoping they might shuffle The Gaslight Anthem over to Leeds, but there's a clash there with Stiff Little Fingers, I think.