WOMAD Roll call

westholtschic

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

As there is a beautiful days one how about one for next weeks WOMAD. Can’t wait to be back for my 4th one.

i'm slightly annoyed to be missing it, stepdaughter won't look after the cat so i can go cos she wants to go to womad herself.

I have been once, way way back, and would definitely go again. I hadn't actually thought about going in the first place. I went because I won tickets via a  Big Issue competition, which I had entered. It was a magical , warm and sunny weekend. I think I'd appreciate the variety of music more now, than back then though. 

We're going to Kendal Calling, hadn't really considered WOMAD, was a tossup between Kendal and Camp Bestival again (though Dorset this time.) Will have to look at WOMAD next year considering all of the glowing recommendations here. 

Anyway, is there a Kendal Calling Roll Call? That part of the forums is dead, unless you have tickets to sell. 🙈🤣

Edited by Alvoram

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

In my opinion it’s the 2nd best festival in the country, very similar to Glastonbury only about 160,00 people less 😀

I've not been for maybe a couple of decades, but it was nothing like Glastonbury in them days.

Just now, Skip997 said:

I've not been for maybe a couple of decades, but it was nothing like Glastonbury in them days.

It's still not, unless you spend all your time at Glastonbury in the Kidz Field. I'll be the one to say I didn't much rate WOMAD when I went in 2019.

Working it with Oxfam, I found the punters to be the most entitled I've encountered and by a huge distance - far, far moreso than you'd get at Latitude and Wilderness which is where you'd expect it a bit. The Main Stage area felt like a creche at times - even during headliners which made it difficult to focus on the acts.

Luckily there's better festivals out there.

1 minute ago, incident said:

It's still not, unless you spend all your time at Glastonbury in the Kidz Field. I'll be the one to say I didn't much rate WOMAD when I went in 2019.

The only thing WOMAD has is an interesting selection of acts.

However, it's all a bit too twee for my liking.