TRNSMT 2024

LD1903

2 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Kings of Leon

Queens of the stone age 

FOo fighters 

Foo Fighters are playing Hampden in June.

I'd love QOTSA, and it would fit in if a announcement is imminent with their Glasgow show this week but I don't know if DF/TRNSMT sees them as a fit for the festival

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

Blur?

It wouldn't surprise me tbf, can see them at TRNSMT or summer sessions Glasgow 

Having a guess at some acts, based on who may touring and TRNSMT loving repeat bookings:

Kings of Leon, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Killers, Nile Rodgers & Chic, Jess Glynne, The Snuts, Kaiser Chiefs, Jamie Webster, Callum Beattie, The Reytons, Dylan John Thomas, Brooke Combe, Rianne Downey

Hope we find out soon!

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

Yeah Brandon Flowers' comments about wanting to make more things like Pressure Machine than the stuff the band is primarily known for made me wonder if and that they dumped a new album they had been working on made me wonder if they were either going to go on hiatus or do another slow-burn album like PM. So to see them pivot to a big greatest hits album and big tour is a bit of a surprise.

I get the sense from an interview he did with Consequence of Sound that - much like Direct Hits - it is a contractual thing in terms of a release, which makes it more surprising they'll tour again next year. I have a quiet fear that it could effectively be a farewell tour, or at least a faux-farewell tour ahead of a prolonged hiatus.

There seems to be... if not peace, then acceptance that Dave and Mark will only chip in as and when it suits them, on both sides of the debate, so I wonder if Brandon and Ronnie are now simply divided on where to go. (Not based on anything but a hunch, but I imagine Ronnie loves the anthemic records more than, say, a second stab at Pressure Machine territory.)

Boy and Your Side of Town feel both more like they could be from The Desired Effect than The Killers though. It's a weird one.

Holly Humberstone is playing Edinburgh in March so I can easily picture her being on the main stage at some point. Declan McKenna is also playing Glasgow then too so he’ll most likely make an appearance too. 

Can’t really see who else can be headlining that hasn’t headlined before but only time will tell. Surely Sam Fender will be sitting this one out? Him headlining after appearing as a special guest the year before wasn’t really much of a change of set & this is coming from someone who loves Sam Fender. 

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Anyone else thinking Fall Out Boy might turn up here? I don't think they're too hard going for TRNSMT but still think it might be a bit of a push. Think it could be a VERY good booking if they go for it though.

How close will TRNSMT be to Download? As it stands, that's the latter's only date, though it may well be that the exclusivity clause prevents any other UK shows.

Download surely used a big carrot to convince them to fly over for a one-off gig.

17 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Anyone else thinking Fall Out Boy might turn up here? I don't think they're too hard going for TRNSMT but still think it might be a bit of a push. Think it could be a VERY good booking if they go for it though.

They’re in with a shout, but there’s also Edinburgh, Glasgow & Stirling Summer Sessions so they might play one of those. Hopefully get an announcement next week

4 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

There won't be Summer Sessions in Glasgow. They'll continue to have the stadium tours turn up at Bellahouston instead I reckon. It'd probably be too late in the summer anyways if FOB are doing the early to mids. 

Did think about Download maybe not wanting to share headliners though. 

They've confirmed they're doing a Glasgow summer sessions. May be at a smaller scale than past years and may not even be at Glasgow green, as other announced summer sessions gigs seem to be much smaller acts (however in smaller cities than Glasgow)