TRNSMT 2024

LD1903

Looks like we’ll be getting another Nile Rodgers appearance next year. Summer 2024 tour announced today with TRNSMT weekend free, being jointly promoted by DF Concerts but with no Scottish shows. 

Sophie Ellis-Bextor supporting, which could make for a fun early Main Stage slot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 3:37 PM, gfa said:

Could do one of those 5-10k outdoor gigs 

Doubt it, they had to turn to seat filling companies to fill their most recent show at The Hydro - and that was with The Fratellis supporting in their hometown.

Edited by Stuart1000

This is going to sound quite bizarre... but is Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds a big enough draw to?

It sounds stupid, I know, since they still play arenas, sell robustly and have a catalogue beyond their own to call on.

But you don't seem to see them topping anything other than mid-size festivals anymore.

Surprised no one has considered Dua Lipa, since she's getting rumoured with Glasto and other euro fest's around the time...

Looking at who's around, I wouldn't be surprised at something like, though maybe too strong arguably?

Fri: Kings of Leon (in UK around the time, probably overdue for it) 

Sat: Dua Lipa 

Sun:  The Killers?

22 hours ago, Chiefski said:

Surprised no one has considered Dua Lipa, since she's getting rumoured with Glasto and other euro fest's around the time...

Looking at who's around, I wouldn't be surprised at something like, though maybe too strong arguably?

Fri: Kings of Leon (in UK around the time, probably overdue for it) 

Sat: Dua Lipa 

Sun:  The Killers?

TRNSMT haven't been going this big with their lineup since like 2018 - no way they get that trio

One of them sure, 2 is a push maybe - but all three no chance

On 11/7/2023 at 11:32 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

The Killers confirming they will have a 2024 UK tour with the pre-orders for their new compilation makes me feel it could be a blend of their own shows and festival slots.

The clue in the Rebel Diamonds announcement was that pre-orders had to be made by the last Monday of the month, which makes me think they'll be announcing something that week to go on sale on December 1st. So something to keep an eye out for.

It made it sound like own shows rather than fests imo. Though admittedly BST Hyde Park is in that strange other-world between festival and headline show.

I really hope KoL aren’t at TRNSMT, saw them for the first time live last year and they were just so lifeless on stage. 

Think The Killers are the better shout but would much prefer they did their own run of shows rather than festivals for whatever they’re planning (Greatest Hits or Hot Fuss anniversary tour). 

55 minutes ago, charlierc said:

The clue in the Rebel Diamonds announcement was that pre-orders had to be made by the last Monday of the month, which makes me think they'll be announcing something that week to go on sale on December 1st. So something to keep an eye out for.

It made it sound like own shows rather than fests imo. Though admittedly BST Hyde Park is in that strange other-world between festival and headline show.

think BST is the wrong company (aeg) for the killers tour

theres precedent to do a uk tour + trnsmt. AM did it in 2018, probably others have too

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

It's a weird kind-of limbo, but yeah - in a way, if they're doing stadium shows again, I'd expect it to be their own.

Then again, if this is a shorter tour to effectively wind down the current era - I expect them to hit hiatus for solo records again - then maybe it could just be the traditional geographic four-pack of arena shows with an added BST date in there. (Would a Hydro show preclude a TRNSMT gig though?)

17 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It's a weird kind-of limbo, but yeah - in a way, if they're doing stadium shows again, I'd expect it to be their own.

Then again, if this is a shorter tour to effectively wind down the current era - I expect them to hit hiatus for solo records again - then maybe it could just be the traditional geographic four-pack of arena shows with an added BST date in there. (Would a Hydro show preclude a TRNSMT gig though?)

I suspect Hydro and TRNSMT probably wouldn't happen. Though like you say, I wouldn't be surprised if they go on hiatus and maybe Brandon does a solo thing in 2025.

My instinct is that they're announcing something at the end of the month judging by the way their pre-order for pre-sale e-mail was worded. So we'll find out in due course.

17 hours ago, charlierc said:

I suspect Hydro and TRNSMT probably wouldn't happen. Though like you say, I wouldn't be surprised if they go on hiatus and maybe Brandon does a solo thing in 2025.

My instinct is that they're announcing something at the end of the month judging by the way their pre-order for pre-sale e-mail was worded. So we'll find out in due course.

Oh, I think you're on the money for the date reveal.

I think they could probably do with a breather. They've been relentless behind Imploding the Mirage since they finally hit the road post-Covid.

I think Brandon's comments over seeing Pressure Machine as of more interest are telling that he may want a period of autonomy away from the band's brand too. (I'm at a loss as to why Quiet Town and Sleepwalker, which very much bridge the gap to the band's more traditional strain of heartland synth-rock, have been so absent, and can only concur it is because they're either too similar to older fare, or either Brandon or Ronnie don't fancy them live.)

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Oh, I think you're on the money for the date reveal.

I think they could probably do with a breather. They've been relentless behind Imploding the Mirage since they finally hit the road post-Covid.

I think Brandon's comments over seeing Pressure Machine as of more interest are telling that he may want a period of autonomy away from the band's brand too. (I'm at a loss as to why Quiet Town and Sleepwalker, which very much bridge the gap to the band's more traditional strain of heartland synth-rock, have been so absent, and can only concur it is because they're either too similar to older fare, or either Brandon or Ronnie don't fancy them live.)

Yeah Brandon Flowers' comments about wanting to make more things like Pressure Machine than the stuff the band is primarily known for made me wonder if and that they dumped a new album they had been working on made me wonder if they were either going to go on hiatus or do another slow-burn album like PM. So to see them pivot to a big greatest hits album and big tour is a bit of a surprise.