2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

I'm predicting we're going to get The Hotelier playing Home Like NoPlace Is There as an Axiom headline slot, maybe a subheadline. They've done a tour with Foxing (who are also a potential shout) playing the album in full, they're playing the album at Outbreak which is 2 weeks before, so they might end up doing a bit of a European festival tour and come back in time to play? Also hoping for Have Mercy, they've been touring extensively and are finishing a tour in the US the week before Trees, so it'd give them time to hop over. Both would be excellent fits

7 minutes ago, cdiwilliams said:

I'm predicting we're going to get The Hotelier playing Home Like NoPlace Is There as an Axiom headline slot, maybe a subheadline. They've done a tour with Foxing (who are also a potential shout) playing the album in full, they're playing the album at Outbreak which is 2 weeks before, so they might end up doing a bit of a European festival tour and come back in time to play? Also hoping for Have Mercy, they've been touring extensively and are finishing a tour in the US the week before Trees, so it'd give them time to hop over. Both would be excellent fits

I'm praying this is the case, as I can't make the Outbreak weekend. Saw them twice in Japan last year, but neither of the times where they did the album in full. Would love to see Among the Wildflowers live (though happy I got to see Nite Ratz and Weathered, which i thought I never would)

31 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Looks like Sleepy T are probably headlining this.

Not sure the basis of it but someone on the R&L forum said that the bookers have said that Sleep Token were too expensive and they also have no interest in booking them. 

Shame if true as I'd have liked to see them on the Farm.

1 minute ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Not sure the basis of it but someone on the R&L forum said that the bookers have said that Sleep Token were too expensive and they also have no interest in booking them. 

Shame if true as I'd have liked to see them on the Farm.

Even though they've booked them for Arctangent before but who would book a band that'd sell out their festival very quickly!?

52 minutes ago, cdiwilliams said:

They said Outbreak is the only show they're doing that at

Just now, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Even though they've booked them for Arctangent before but who would book a band that'd sell out their festival very quickly!?

Like I said, no idea if there was any merit in it! I'd be keen for them to play over some of the rumoured names. 

Don't know if their popularity translates to festival ticket sales though - I don't think Radar or Takedown sold out last year?

2 minutes ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Like I said, no idea if there was any merit in it! I'd be keen for them to play over some of the rumoured names. 

Don't know if their popularity translates to festival ticket sales though - I don't think Radar or Takedown sold out last year?

It boosted Radar sale massively. Their day sold out. Takedown didn't but was before they really blew up. The hype around them now is so mental I think tickets would fly for anything they announced 

55 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Their slot at Arctangent was at 5pm on the third stage, was booked before the first album came out. 

11 minutes ago, cdiwilliams said:

Where did they say that?? Really hope that's not true, surely doesn't make sense to come all this way for a single show??

They've carefully worded it as the only performance of the album. I'd be surprised if they don't have a few other shows planned.

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

It boosted Radar sale massively. Their day sold out. Takedown didn't but was before they really blew up. The hype around them now is so mental I think tickets would fly for anything they announced 

That's fair, wasn't aware they sold out their day at Radar. They'd go down a treat regardless.

1 minute ago, Rusty Spoon said:

They've carefully worded it as the only performance of the album. I'd be surprised if they don't have a few other shows planned.

That's fair, wasn't aware they sold out their day at Radar. They'd go down a treat regardless.

That's such a shame, I mean fair play to outbreak for getting such a lucrative exclusive, but Outbreak just isn't an option for me. I hope they still play Trees, but if they're not playing the album it won't quite be the same. Fingers crossed for some dates next year for them to play the album, given the wording of the post

40 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I don't see that download have a big enough slot left. I don't think they'll be at Trees either just because I just don't have faith in them booking them 

I always take note of the band that isn't at the festival, but has the most shirt wearers. At 2022 Trees it was Sleep Token. 

Of course, the artists of Sleep Token were making music before the band. One of them has played Trees before. That might be a pull for them to return to Trees over logic and money.