On 2/9/2024 at 3:36 PM, ParanoidTourist said:

I agree with everything you said. Of course it´s Werchter and there will be many good things to see but I still feel very let down that they missed so many good acts this year: The Smile, Arcade Fire, Massive attack, Prodigy, the National, Lana del Rey, Pulp etc. My daughter really wants to see Måneskin and Dua Lipa so I will go to Werchter regardless for 2 days this year and then go to Way Out West as a bonus;) 

That’s it exactly mate; for me the headliners and smaller names are fine, it’s just those “medium to big” names that are missing that is the difference this year I think. 

Enjoy WoW though, that looks a great line up!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

Any ideas who might fill out some of those Slope slots? 

I've seen Blondshell as a highly likely which is great because that debut is excellent. I would also like to see Teenage Wrist, The Chats, Tigercub, Soccer Mommy, Basement. 

Dream modus: Young Fathers closing one night at the Slope. That would be epic. 

18 minutes ago, maorizio said:

I saw linups start at 13:00 and end up at 1:00 ...what pepole do in between beside sleep.. its like half day with no concerts and then marathon between stages.  Why???

What to do in between? Well, you can sleep, party at the camping or at your place (it takes time to leave the ground), eat well to recover for the next day... RW is just a massive place focused on music. You just go there to watch the biggest bands worldwide (not always the case, right) with anything fancy around like a big wheel, games or stuff like that.

• Upvote 1

I know they’re hyped a lot already but what a performance by The Last Dinner Party tonight in Brussels.

They’re so confident in their sound and that’s only their first record. Probably the last time they’re playing a tiny venue here.

Expecting a good turnout in the Barn to start the Saturday.

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Slope line up is looking good! Announcement very soon. 

I guess it means this week. Looking forward to see it... even if I hope not that good as the I gonna spend almost all my day on the Main Stage on Friday (only day I'm coming).

14 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Slope line up is looking good! Announcement very soon. 

Sounds good! The only thing that can save my liver for totally collapsing on Saturday and Sunday, so let's hope it's not stacked on Thursday (and Friday). 

4 hours ago, johnybegood said:

The Clockworks are an amazing band.

Just listened to them, this is amazing. Went on their social media pages, found they play in a bar in Prague in 2 weeks. Got tickets immediately 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

Interesting year for headliners that. Everything from stinky to questionable to "good but uninteresting". Easy year to skip and save money. Curious whether I could make something out of it so...

Thur: Gaslight >Hives > Parkway > Slowdive > PH Harvey > eat during GVF > Jane's Addiction > The Streets

Fri: Visit Belgium all day > Bad Omens > Archive > Tom Morello > Snow Patrol maybe > early night

Sat: Noname > Jessie Ware > NBT / Janelle > Avril > The Blaze > Marc Rebillet > another early night

Sun: Brutus > Scowl > Idles > Loyle Carner > Michael Kiwanuka > Foos

Yeah, bit of a rough year for what RW usually has. 

3 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

Tremendous undercard this year. Thursday really is among the best days of any European festival announced so far.

Great names in the two tents that day. The main stage is a big meh though. Not feeling that Greta/Lenny ending myself.